• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 console mods |OT| Mod peasants strike back

Aurongel

I look forward to reports of rampant crashing and 8 fps frame rates.

Still, it'll be fun to see how this shakes out from a distance.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They have essentially handed the keys over to the gamers. It reminds me of an earlier time when Gamesharks and action replays were all the rage..except this is officially supported which is crazy

Lakitu

st5fu
This is my current to get list:

Alien Assault Rifle
Automatron EyeBot Companions
Better Item Names
Build Your Own Vault
CROSS_Cybernetics
Desert Ranger Combat Helm MK II
Draco's Simple Craftable Ammo
Dragon Claw
Gatling Rifle
Hideaway Beach Resort
Iron Soldier Project
KeyNuker and KeyRing
M1918 BAR
Modular Simonov PTRS-41 Anti Tank Rifle
NK14 EBR
No Borders Far Harbor
Oil Rig Player Home
Pipboy Light Cast Shadows
Rapid Fire Magnum
Ransacked Relays and Shuddersome Subways
See-Through Scopes
See-Through Scopes (Far Harbor)
Shishkebab Katana
Silver Shroud Scarf
Spec Ops Paint Job
Spetsnaz Rifle
Standalone Construction Power Armor
Tactical Weapon Mods
Templar Outfit
Vault 98
Walther P99
Wasteland Soldier Outfit
Watercroft Markets
West Tek Tactical Optics - Night / Thermal Vision
Workshop Beds

Hopefully most of these are on PS4.

OmegaDL50

They have essentially handed the keys over to the gamers. It reminds me of an earlier time when Gamesharks and action replays were all the rage..except this is officially supported which is crazy

Yeah it is impressive.

Although I'd think it's safe to assume because of the 2GB file restriction (hopefully Bethesda increases this overtime), that future landmass extensions like Skyrim's Falskaar and Wyrm's Tooth that are created will be possible in Fallout 4 equivalent to whatever they may be, however things like voice work and custom textures would be omitted to reduce the file size requirement.

Things like optimized textures would also be a benefit too, Basically replacing the entire world textures with versions that have a smaller performance footprint but look superior which ultimately improve performance of the game (This sort of stuff exists for Skyrim)

Also this gives those willing to expand on the game's underlying systems and mechanics in a major way. I'm talking overhauling the combat mechanics and leveling / perks system. Stuff like SkyRE or PerMa. This will change how the game is even played and it's all finally possible on console.

Just wait for someone to create a "Improved dialog choices" mod which is one of the long standing complaints towards the game.

Almost everything will be possible outside the 2GB restriction and non-copyright stuff.

If they eventually relent and increase the file restriction that just opens up even more options, but I understand why it's implemented.

Neo_Geo

Banned
Thank fuck they are not allowing boobs to infiltrate the mod list. We don't need that smut to take away from the strong family values and child friendly game we have here.

gossi

Here is the top list from the Xbox beta, for reference.

oP9WpTE.jpg

gossi

Will mods disable trophies/achievements?

I just want a mod that removes Radscorpions.

Yes, trophies and achievements are disabled as per the OT. Sony and Microsoft insisted on it, as per Bethesda.

Also, See-Through-Scopes is a great mod which works well on console:

e5b0d2f0-5438-4581-9786-baf2ebdfbe8b_preview_969715_5311463234996839676_large.png

I honestly wasn't expecting such a large variety of mods to hit console. I may even start another playthrough on PS4 now. I didn't think we'd see shit like grass and other graphical mods.

I'm looking for three specific mods.

Improved Jetpack - Jetpack uses or AP or Fusion Cores, increases flight time, speed, and momentum, also works underwater.
Unlimited Crafting Resources
Framerate Improvement

If I can use those three I'll be happy.

gossi

I'm looking for three specific mods.

Improved Jetpack - Jetpack uses or AP or Fusion Cores, increases flight time, speed, and momentum, also works underwater.

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/916935
Unlimited Crafting Resources
https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/951708

Framerate Improvement

I don't think anybody has worked on that. However Bethesda did just tweet that a framerate improvement patch has been submitted to Sony.

Rellik

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting texture mods on console due to how poorly the game already runs. Thats a pleasant surprise.

Also, bye bye carry weight.

So excited that mods finally come to consoles. I will play FO4 for years to come with all the stuff that modders will do to this game...

gossi

Real Nights with Real Lights mod is pretty cool, just had a look. It makes the game almost pitch black, other than world lights and torches, at night. It's also creepy as fuck.

50ad72d0-f7e3-4ff2-9be1-c87174889e46_preview_916139_2197231528735459688_large.png

RPGCrazied

Was interested until I saw it deactivates achievements and trophies. I can understand on some, but texture mods?

Fail

Real Nights with Real Nights mod is pretty cool, just had a look. It makes the game almost pitch black, other than world lights and torches, at night.

50ad72d0-f7e3-4ff2-9be1-c87174889e46_preview_916139_2197231528735459688_large.png

Fucking yes! If there's one thing I hated about that game it was how damn bright night time was.

Cess007

What types of mods are available?
Lots. New quests, new vaults, new companions, texture and environment replacement mods, new workshop items, build anywhere mods, new weapons, no carry weight, camping mods etc etc. People are going nuts. Bethesda have made anything exportable from Creation Kit - the game engine dev tool - publishable via Bethesda.net on console. They even have licensed script extenders. You can code inside the engine. You can bundle in meshes, new zones, etc - to a max of 2gb.

Wow, like wow! Time to get back to Fallout 4, i guess!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What are the creator restrictions?
No boobs

PC wins again.
----

But on a serious note: Wouldn't the "Every X-box is a development kit" get around that in a way?

lazygecko

Allowing script extenders is honestly way more than I was expecting. How is that even gonna be implemented though? Because on PC the script extenders work by launching the games through a different executable.

Tigress

Real Nights with Real Lights mod is pretty cool, just had a look. It makes the game almost pitch black, other than world lights and torches, at night. It's also creepy as fuck.

Ooh, I want that. I lived in dragons dogma how night was truly black.

gossi

gossi

Encumbrance removal - yes or no

If no then I'm not even putting the disc back in.

Could you post a link to this one?

Also is there a mod that removes damage to Power Armor? Always gets on my nerves that I have to repair it all the time.

No problem.

Dogmeat Backpack XB1: https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1048822

Improved Carry Weight: https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/917065

Everybody's Best Friend (companion+Dogmeat): https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/923154

There's a Power Armor no repair mod, but I forgot what it is called.

You don't need to use a web browser to add these by the way, in game just press Mods from title screen, then you can search, rate etc.

etta

my hard graphic balls
YES CHEAT MENU HOLY CRAP YES YES YES YES YES!
I'm super pumped for these types of mods on console, cheat menu, guns, anything non-graphical because graphics mods will probably suck on consoles. I'll save those types of mods for PC when I finish the story/quests on Xbox.

chaislip3

No problem.

Dogmeat Backpack XB1: https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/1048822

Improved Carry Weight: https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/917065

Everybody's Best Friend (companion+Dogmeat): https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/923154

There's a Power Armor no repair mod, but I forgot what it is called.

You don't need to use a web browser to add these by the way, in game just press Mods from title screen, then you can search, rate etc.

Awesome, thank you.

I'm going to love creating mods to put on consoles and PC!
I haven't seen official mod support on consoles since Unreal Tournament 3 on the PS3.

The modding community for Bethesda games are unfathomably massive, having more people who can access them is sure to make a gigantic community even larger!

N° 2048

My plan is spend a lot of time with PS4 mods then get a PC in a year or two and try some of the heavy PC only mods.

Syntsui

Does this affect the enemy field of vision? If it doesn't, it's useless and extremely unbalanced. If it does, I guess I will play Fallout 4 tonight.

Top Bottom