• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

I own the physical disc and the season pass. Hope its not possible for them to fuck up and take the license for my season pass, because i purchased the deluxe edition with the glitch

alexbull_uk

That's pretty damn good of them. I have FO4 on PC so I didn't really want it on XBone anyway, other than to test my mods. Basically just $10 for free. Nice!

NullMoon

Neo Member
You only have one save?
Nah, it"s a Bethesda game of course I have multiple saves (in case I run into bugs). At this point I dropped the game so hard a couple of months ago and the only thing that got me back was the DLC. I can still play older save just choose not to. Maybe I was being a little to melodramatic.

My xbox is offline and it still works, I'm curious if I stay offline for a while and sign back in a couple weeks later if I still get the $10 credit.

Yes, I'm a disgusting criminal

Huh! I wonder how this will work for me, I don't have an XBone yet but I still nabbed the deal, was gonna just install it once I got one. I assume they'll still revoke mine even though it was never installed but I wonder if they'll still plunk the $10 in there?

Edit: Oh, I can view messages on the MS/XBox website and I got the message too. It's still under my "games" section but I imagine by the end of the month it'll be gone and I'll have the $10 credit. I honestly wanted to play Fallout but this is pretty sweet too. Let's see what they announce on Monday!

Well, I just got my message saying that my Fallout 4 content wouldn't work but I'd be getting a $10 credit to my account by the end of the month.

I've been pissed at myself since yesterday because I was late to the party and only got to download Far Harbor before the pricing error was corrected. Now I'm just happy that I got in at the last second for a free $10. Thanks MS!

muzzymate

No they can also revoke it with blood magic. Microsoft has that.

The damn blood magic clause. Should have read the EULA!

Back to topic at hand - happy to receive the $10. They would have been well within their rights to pull access without compensation. Puts another little dot back in the "good-will" hat.

Klocker

So I own the base game anyway, will this hose my save with Automatron stuff in it or will the commonwealth events/quests be fine and just ignore the added content that is missing or will the save be rendered useless?

jelly

Wow, they didn't need to do that at all, very nice of them. Guess the money goes straight back into a new purchase, so not a total loss.

oti

Banned
Played it for two hours last night, all while being offline. Launched the console again today and it still works. So I guess I'm staying offline for some time now.

Klocker

I spent the $10 on Automatron. I'd already started the mission, and had build my little robot followers... kinda Diggin it so 10 bucks to get it for free is not bad.

I'll pick up far harbor when it goes on sale. I've only been in the vanilla game for a couple weeks anyway.

But very cool of Microsoft to give us 10 bucks.

Starfield

I spent the $10 on Automatron. I'd already started the mission, and had build my little robot followers... kinda Diggin it so 10 bucks to get it for free is not bad.

I'll pick up far harbor when it goes on sale. I've only been in the vanilla game for a couple weeks anyway.

But very cool of Microsoft to give us 10 bucks.
Why didn't you just buy the season pass when it was sub 30$?

Would have been alot cheaper + you get all future expansions for free too.
There is still coming more

Not too bummed as I own the game on PS4, so it was just the DLC I was getting extra really.

Can't fault Microsoft for the $10 (which will hopefully translate to £10!) compensation.

Klocker

Why didn't you just buy the season pass when it was sub 30$?

Would have been alot cheaper + you get all future expansions for free too.
There is still coming more

When was it sub $30? Missed that

and I wasn't sure what was coming down in the future since they haven't revealed anything.

NewDust

Hey, I submitted to obtain the free copy of Xbox One Fallout 4 on the Xbox store and just got an email saying sorry, it was a mistake, you get $10. WtF? Is this a scam site? It never was an E3 promotion and advertised that it was a free game (which is why I gave them my payment details). Now I just get $10 but now they have my info. This feels very much like a scam...

A literal bait and switch

pahamrick

When was it sub $30? Missed that

Up until the price raised on March 1st, you could get it for $29.99 as the standard price. I don't know how cheap you could find it for Xbox 1, but it was going for almost $20 pretty routinely right before the price was raised.

Hey, I submitted to obtain the free copy of Xbox One Fallout 4 on the Xbox store and just got an email saying sorry, it was a mistake, you get $10. WtF? Is this a scam site? It never was an E3 promotion and advertised that it was a free game (which is why I gave them my payment details). Now I just get $10 but now they have my info. This feels very much like a scam...

A literal bait and switch

XS5LK.gif

Klocker

Up until the price raised on March 1st, you could get it for $29.99 as the standard price. I don't know how cheap you could find it for Xbox 1, but it was going for almost $20 pretty routinely right before the price was raised.

Damn I didn't even really start playing it until the mods came out

Starfield

They raised the price from 30 to 50$ I believe so that means we either get 1 dls as big as Far Habour (which would be great), 2 semi-big dlc's both worth around 10$'s, 2 small 5$ dlcs + one semi-big for 10$ or 4 small one's for 5$ each

On topic: its cool that some of you had the chance to try out the game for free, maybe some of you will buy it now and enjoy one of the greatest games from last year!

I'm happy with the $10 (£6-£7) and also the chance to play Fallout 4 for the first time. It's prompted me to go out and buy the actual game now as i enjoyed the 4 or 5 hours i sunk in at the start.

Good of Microsoft to compensate with the $10 though, they didn't have to.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
My copy still works

While you are online? Does it say on Xbox.com that you still own them? I'm playing it as well - because I was in the game when they took it away and the DRM check happens at launch. But I guess when I close it and restart it won't work.

Top Bottom