• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

Is it just me that thinks giving the money is an odd but good thing for MS to do? They could easily have just taken the download away and mentioned something like how it was "wrong" to do, yet they've given people $10 for it lol.

Geist-

Just got the message from Xbox that they are revoking it and giving me $10 by the end of June.

Wonder if they can really do anything if you have already downloaded it and you keep your console disconnected.
Got the message too. Oh well, my box is offline, let's see how long I can go.

operon

Got the message. No problem thans Microsoft for the ten dollars it's the least I could expect for this will use it for something

Mine got revoked and no longer works. I got the message less than a minute ago. I'm happy since I get $10 and I didn't even really want it on Xbone since I already own it all on ps4, I just got it on xbone to see if it worked lol

ThePsydeFX

Neo Member
y3vAx0k.jpg

Got to test the mods out at least before the PS4 release. That plus $10 is not a bad deal on my part.

Bessy67

Nice of MS. I was just expecting to have the game get taken away and get nothing in return, and I would have been fine with that.

jet1911

Got the message but I can still play. I guess that if I don't close the game or the console I'll be able to play a bit more?

Welp they are revoking the licenses I believe. I just received this message from Xbox:

Our Pricing error on Fallout 4 has been fixed and your free download will no Longer work. For the inconvenience we will deposit $10 by the end of June in your Microsoft Account. This expires one year from the time it was deposited

r57BeeL.png

Chris1

Got the message but I can still play. I guess that if I don't close the game or the console I'll be able to play a bit more?

Plot Twist: MS is actually giving it to all of us for free and is trying to weedle their way out of paying Bethesda by pretending they revoked it

Good guy MS sticking up for us

ss_lemonade

Was expecting them to revoke. Wasn't expecting the credit though, that's cool.

So what happens if your xbox one isn't powered on and/or disconnected from the internet?

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I wonder wether they simply can't revoke your license if you already own the game physically. Or it takes time to revoke all licenses and now I just lucked out (went offline the second that message came).

happy I got the $10

wasn't gonna finish fallout 4 in probably long time seeing I still have 3 and new vegas to finish. I can buy it super cheap some time down the road

Kadin

I wonder wether they simply can't revoke your license if you already own the game physically. Or it takes time to revoke all licenses and now I just lucked out (went offline the second that message came).
I already owned the game digitally but downloaded the Deluxe Edition because I didn't think and just download the Season Pass instead. If I load up the base game and it no longer works, that's gonna be a fun phone call... lol

NullMoon

Neo Member
I imagine the revoking of the game is gonna happen in waves. Enjoy it while you can.
Probably right, still have a physical copy but now my save will be unusable. Oh, well. got to play the First DLC and damn was it terrible. Good thing I didn't pick up the season pass before they upped the price.

Top Bottom