• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 - PS4 screenshots (now feat. PNGs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Last ones. See you guys in the wasteland.

Fallout4_20151031151930.png

Why the random birds have better texture layering than the flat-fur dog?

Alienous

And everyone jumped to conclusion knowing they were jpg. Who's the silly one now?

Did they? Who jumped to the conclusion that the .jpg's were representative of Fallout 4's image quality? LegacyZero, for like 5 seconds?

The problems people have were with things like shadows. The fidelity of the objects. Things that show up in .jpg's and .png's.

Now we have images that contrast the ones that started the thread, screenshots framed to showcase the graphics, and what they do is show that Fallout 4 doesn't look bad all of the time. The opinions based on the original images still stand (at least most of them do).

Jobbs

Banned
What are you talking about?

People changing their opinions in light of new information is a good thing.

Some of the (not all, but some) negative posts earlier in the thread were so negative, so hyperbolic, so celebratory in their bashing of the game and of Bethesda..

FYI I haven't changed my tune at all, game's gonna look great, as I said this morning and this afternoon and just now.

Denton

Then your obviously not who I'm referring to ;) and I fail to see how they are hiding anything. Just more pics. People are really paranoid here.

Texture quality, shadow draw distance, LoD do not change with higher quality pictures.
These were the things that were criticised, and these are the things that will be criticised.
However perhaps not on PC where this stuff is adjustable.

Oogedei

Looks way better. Of course those shots are still not perfect in any way but Fallout 4 surely isn't looking like shit.

I like how most of the hate crowd went dead silent for the last 2-3 pages :p

ymgve

Didn't really expect anything else, but slightly disappointed that it seems like a large number of buildings are barricaded and not enterable at all.

McBryBry

Game look great. However, am I the only one bugged by the font? Something about it just looks odd to me. Looking forward to UI mods just for that. I don't know why it's bothering me so much, but it must say something if its the only thing bothering me.

Edit: I think its the UI in general. It all looks weird, "too clean" is what comes to mind.

Drazgul

Didn't really expect anything else, but slightly disappointed that it seems like a large number of buildings are barricaded and not enterable at all.

The DCInteriors and NVInteriors Project mods were fantastic for fixing this issue in FO3 and NV, and something similar I could very well see getting released for the consoles as well, since they are relatively simple mods in the end.

DOWN

Banned
Did they? Who jumped to the conclusion that the .jpg's were representative of Fallout 4's image quality? LegacyZero, for like 5 seconds?

There's a bunch of bans for a reason man. Lots of people bashed the game over poor image quality (which is heavily affected by PNG vs JPEG) and condemned the whole appearance of the game by citing only how the distance looks (the clarity of which is affected by screenshot quality and also suffers from lost shadows and foliage on console open worlds across the board). The original shots were obviously a narrow, if not misleading representation of the game's visuals and people still used them like commandments.

Jobbs

Banned
For a 30fps game that looks far more like a last-gen game than a current-gen game, outside of the resolution of the image.

You could take many screenshots in isolation from many PS4 games and say the same thing.

When viewed as a whole, when played, I don't expect to have a single complaint about the look of the game.

saying people need to eat crow for saying the original screen shots were ugly is about as fanboy as you can get, sorry they still look like crap just these new ones are better

The crow is for people who believed that the game looked completely like those pictures.

As long as it is solid frame rate and clean visuals when runing, i could not give a fuck the game is going to be amazing :)
Would i like a new engine, of course lol

MegaMelon

Nicer pictures for sure. Wish we had some we could actually compare to the jpgs like bobblehead, overlook and shaaaaauuuuuuunnnn for instance.

Tainted

Pictures like this get me more excited compared to anything else they've shown. I just wanna scour every inch of that house corner to corner.

Yep...the wandering around scavenging for stuff in F3/NV never grew old for me...spent countless hours doing it. I'm sure it will be just as fantastic in F4, the game world looks to be amazing, the color palette makes a world of difference. Those comparing this to vanilla F3 need their eyes checked.

I've cleared out my backlog of games and TV shows in prep for this release, I anticipate spending alot of time in post apocalyptic Boston

Alienous

There's a bunch of bans for a reason man. Lots of people bashed the game over poor image quality (which is heavily affected by PNG vs JPEG) and condemned the whole appearance of the game by citing only how the distance looks (the clarity of which is affected by screenshot quality and also suffers from lost shadows and foliage on console open worlds across the board). The original shots were obviously a narrow, if not misleading representation of the game's visuals and people still used them like commandments.

That implies that Shinobi's images aren't "a narrow, if not misleading representation of the game's visuals" too. They appear to be far more framed, whereas the screenshots that started the thread seemed less so. It seems to be that Shinobi's images do more to present the game as looking good than the first set of images done to present the game as looking bad.

Both sets of images are valid, is all I'm saying.

Betty

Banned
Yep...the wandering around scavenging for stuff in F3/NV never grew old for me...spent countless hours doing it. I'm sure it will be just as fantastic in F4, the game world looks to be amazing, the color palette makes a world of difference. Those comparing this to vanilla F3 need their eyes checked.

I've cleared out my backlog of games and TV shows in prep for this release, I anticipate spending alot of time in post apocalyptic Boston

Yup, feels good having no other games vying for attention.

Haunted

Doesn't look great, but people don't play Bethesda games for great graphics out of the box.

Here's hoping the modding community can pick up some of their slack again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom