• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu review scores (3/1/17) - Zelda: Breath of the Wild gets perfect score (40/40)

skypunch

Banned
A pass for what? What issues are not being flagged up and it's getting an automatic good score because of the franchise history?

Just an FYI - bitter shitposting can result in a ban, and while you're a junior any ban is permanent.

That comment was meant as a joke. A poster before me said how many posts until you get "It's just getting a pass because it's Zelda".

Hey guys I heard Famitsu scores don't matter. But I don't know where I heard it from. It was either a dream or the 55,000 broken record GAF posts.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That cover is a load of bollocks.

Link from the Legend of Zelda (or The Hryule Fantasy as it is known in Japan) didn't have the Master Sword. He had the Magic Sword! This is a massive blunder and I hope whoever drew that illustration hangs their head in shame.

no, its a 7.5/10

EDIT: Or maybe you are mocking them, IDK

its a 7.5

its not hard to calculate

game is average or I should say its exactly what most people want.....just a bomberman game

Excited overall this friday for the switch

Famitsu notoriously overscore, it's very rare you'll find them scoring an established game lower than 30.
For comparison No Mans Sky, Star Fox Zero, Umbrella Corps, Steep, Battleborn and Mirror's Edge Catalyst scored higher than Bomberman, Recore, Star Ocean 5 and Mighty No 9 scored the same. Going back a year on review scores I didn't find any established game which scored lower.
The indication I'd take from this is that it's a below average game headed for the 60's on metacritic but who knows with Famitsu.

This is a big disappointment for me, I think I'll scale back to just Zelda.

That comment was meant as a joke. A poster before me said how many posts until you get "It's just getting a pass because it's Zelda".

Okay, fair enough.

Famitsu notoriously overscore, it's very rare you'll find them scoring an established game lower than 30.
For comparison No Mans Sky, Star Fox Zero, Umbrella Corps, Steep, Battleborn and Mirror's Edge Catalyst scored higher than Bomberman, Recore, Star Ocean 5 and Mighty No 9 scored the same. Going back a year on review scores I didn't find any established game which scored lower.
The indication I'd take from this is that it's a below average game headed for the 60's on metacritic but who knows with Famitsu.

This is a big disappointment for me, I think I'll scale back to just Zelda.

What score did No Man's Sky get?

ianpm31

I honestly expect Zelda to get 10s no matter if it's a great, good, average, or bad Zelda. And I expect it to get goty too

MTC100

Banned
That cover is a load of bollocks.

Link from the Legend of Zelda (or The Hryule Fantasy as it is known in Japan) didn't have the Master Sword. He had the Magic Sword! This is a massive blunder and I hope whoever drew that illustration hangs their head in shame.

That's true, that was something bothering me too as soon as they released the artwork. However, perhaps the magic sword was the master sword all along(even though the way you got it was rather different to the master sword), you couldn't really tell by the design of it being an NES title...

There it is.

tastes salty, doesn't it?

This score means nothing but I don't appreciate the shade thrown at Nintendogs in this thread. You disappoint me GAF. And you're disappointing these little guys too:
Make-Your-Nintendogs-Love-You-Step-3.jpg

Its weird, because 4 different reviewers should prevent a 40/40 from consistently happening. They all should have different tastes in games.

I think it's partly tied to Japanese culture that's heavily geared towards consensus and group think. The whole reason Famitsu has this four reviewer system is probably because of this, and they're unlikely to have dissenting opinions on anything. I wonder how often Famitsu has scores where reviewers diverge by more than one point...

I love Kid Icarus: Uprising but that game isn't perfect at all.

Great for Nintendo, but I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

correojon

That's true, that was something bothering me too as soon as they released the artwork. However, perhaps the magic sword was the master sword all along(even though the way you got it was rather different to the master sword), you couldn't really tell by the design of it being an NES title...

Maybe it´s ALttP Link?

ianpm31

Nobody really cares if its a good or bad "zelda", they care if its a good game.

There are a lot of "good" games that won't average a 90+ metacritic and get awarded automatic 10s.

Edit: It's looks like a good game but going to reviews on Zelda won't give you any answers. Every Zelda is a "masterpiece"

Baleoce

So wiiu and Switch are getting 40/40?
This means the wiiu Version is playable?

I can only assume it means they actually regard the Wii U version as a perfect scored game. I hope the performance of the game reflects that when I buy it.

Famitsu could review the Glover 2 beta and still probably at least give it a 30/40 for being a video game that functions. Nice cover though.

Demon's Souls 29/40 lol

Yeah can't take Famitsu really serious. The fact that only 2 "western" games got a 40 also makes them look a bit biased. I kind of have the feeling at long as it is a Japanese game it gets decent scores, the last FFs also got way too high scores.
Nice for Zelda though, won't be the last "perfect" score I guess.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Do the "reviewers" ever have different opinions? Looks like everyone scores things the same with maybe a difference of one point.

BriGuy

I honestly expect Zelda to get 10s no matter if it's a great, good, average, or bad Zelda. And I expect it to get goty too

There's some truth to this, but even a bad Zelda is still like a 7 out 10 at worst. Famitsu reviews aren't worth the ink they're printed on these days, but Edge is still pretty well regarded, and a 10 from them is exciting.

Top Bottom