• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Apocrypha anime announced, airing 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://fate-apocrypha.com/
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1580945

An official site opened and revealed that light novel Fate/Apocrypha will be getting a TV anime adaptation for 2017. The staff has also been announced.

Synopsis
The setting of Fate/Apocrypha is a parallel world to Fate/stay night where the Greater Grail was removed from Fuyuki after the Third Holy Grail War and disappeared for many years. Around the 2000s, around the same time as the Fifth Holy Grail War would have happened, the group that plundered the Grail, Yggdmillennia, openly declares their secession from the Mage's Association and that they are in possession of the Grail. The Association dispatches fifty magi to retrieve it, but all but one are instantly slaughtered by Lancer of Black. The one remaining manages to activate the reserve system of the Greater Grail, allowing for the summoning of fourteen Servants in total.

This marks the start of the Great Holy Grail War in Trifas, featuring two different factions, the Black Faction, whose members are part of Yggdramillennia, and the Red Faction, whose members were sent by the Mage's Association with the exception of one from the Church. The Grail itself also summons Ruler to act as a mediator of the Holy Grail War. (Source: Type-Moon Wikia)

Staff
Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Charlotte)
Series Composition: Yuichiro Higashide (Author of Fate/Apocrypha)
Character Design: Yuri Yamada
Music: Masaru Yoyoyama (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
Studio: A-1 Pictures

PV

Also, there are new PVs for Heaven's Feel and Last Encore.

Also a PSA that the Grand Order special is up on Crunchyroll.

Linkark07

Banned
Another Red Saber eh. Oh well, won't mind another Fate project.

So next year (or this year for some) we have:

Kaleid Movie
Heaven's Feel first movie
Extra
Apocrypha

Is the list right?

wamberz1

FUCK
YES

Was hoping for strange fake TBH

Also a bit disappointing it ain't UFO in all their glory but this is fine.

Are extra and apocrypha both full fledged tv shows? Also are either of them actually good like fate/zero or more fate/stay in the kitchen unlimited waifu works tier crap?

Another Red Saber eh. Oh well, won't mind another Fate project.

So next year (or this year for some) we have:

Kaleid Movie
Heaven's Feel first movie
Extra
Apocrypha

Is the list right?

Extra will be in the Winter 2018 season (a year from now), but otherwise you're right.

wamberz1

Are extra and apocrypha both full fledged tv shows? Also are either of them actually good like fate/zero or more fate/stay in the kitchen unlimited waifu works tier crap?

Extra is based off a video game so it's likely guaranteed to be crap.
Apoc is based of a light novel series, like zero. It also features a mostly adult cast like zero IIRC. I haven't read much of it because the english translations are hard to come by, but it seems really cool. The more servants the better.
Lancer of red and black are reasons enough for me to watch this. Great servants that are long overdue for screen time.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
More Fate! Awesome! Been wanting to get into Apocrypha for a while.

main.jpg

Look at those designs. Yeesh

Saber's proportions look completely off

Strimei

Well then. Looks like I better hurry up and finish Fate/Zero then.

Fate/Apocrypha exists separate from Zero (I think it is its own timeline, even. A lot of the various Fate things are alternate timeslines/universes/whatever) so you don't have to finish it in order to watch it.

Though you might as well finish Zero, yes.

Anyway, in regards to Extra, still disappointed its Red Saber. I know Saber-faces/clones are a running gag at this point but it really should've been Extra-Caster, she deserves it.

I'm okay with this, we'll get to see what they do with Jack the Ripper. Heh.

A number of characters from Fate/apocrypha have already appeared in Fate/Grand Order. Most of them should be familiar now to fans.

Extra is based off a video game so it's likely guaranteed to be crap.

Have you actually played Fate/Extra? As a game it was crap, but the story was actually rather good.

Strimei

Have you actually played Fate/Extra? As a game it was crap, but the story was actually rather good.

For being basically rock-paper-scissors, I actually kind of enjoyed it. And yeah story-wise it was pretty good.

Wonder if they'll make adaptations for CCC and Extella, come to think of it.

Strimei

Why no Ufotable.

They're rather busy with the Fate/Stay Night: Heaven's Feel movies (forgot its a series like KnK), among other projects. And it kind of seems like Type-Moon is trying to keep each branch with a specific studio at this point.

Ufotable handles the main stuff (Fate/Zero, FSN), Shaft handles Extra, A-1 handles some Fate/Grand Order stuff (though not the special that just aired, and some of the commercials were Ufotable too) and now Apocrypha.

Kieli

Brace yourself GAF, because a tier list be a'comin.

EX: Gilgamesh, Karna, Enkidu, King Hassan, and probs my boy Merlin too
A+: Achilles, Hercules, Lancelot, Iskander
A: Artorias, Siegfried, Gawain
B: Cu Cuchulain, GARcher, Medusa, Lu Bu
C: Medea, Li Shuwen
D: 100-faced scrub Hassan

Saint George is weird to place because he doesn't have particularly strong stats or offensive NP, but he's a bulkwark defensively. He also has a pretty mean combo in make-you-a-dragon and anti-dragon-nuke.

I wonder where Galahad would place, because lore-wise he's even better than his dad. But Fate/Grand Order gives him some weird defensive NPs.

kurahador

Ahh man. One of the main reason I love watching and recommending Fate/Zero was due to Ufotable gorgeous animation.

I'm not sure A1 will ever be able to match that quality.

wamberz1

I have, and the story was decent... But I think if people are coming into it hoping for a fate/zero vibe, they're going to be let down.
I've been burned by too many video game anime adaptions to muster up hope anymore, but I would love it if this turned out to actually be good.

Strimei

What I would give for a tsukihime sequel...

I'd love for there to be a Tsukihime anime. Imagine how good that could be...

Unless you're talking about VNs in which case first they kinda need to put out that remake first. Which, given the sheer amount of Fate stuff going on, I think is never going to happen at this point.

Isn't it sad~

If a Type-Moon show isn't done by ufotable I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist, doubly so for this one with that studio/director combo.

Strimei

I'm legit shocked they went for saber in extra instead of caster, isn't she like mad popular?

She is, though they're about equal in popularity I believe (hence why they share the heroine status in Extella, along with Altera whereas Nameless isn't a main character like he was in Extra/CCC).

Most likely its because she's a Saber/Saber-face.

wamberz1

She is, though they're about equal in popularity I believe (hence why they share the heroine status in Extella, along with Altera whereas Nameless isn't a main character like he was in Extra/CCC).

Most likely its because she's a Saber/Saber-face.

cashcow.jpg

Linkark07

Banned

Don't remind me that, I'm still waiting another Carnival Phantasm, but now with Kara no Kyoukai and Mahou Tsukai no Yori too. Add Zero, Extra and Kaleid too, just like Ahnenerbe. Why Type-Moon, why? We want more funny crossovers.

Talking about Extra, any word if they will use male or female protagonist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom