• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Anime Character

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeMufasa

At the moment it's

Catherine

A2thg.png

Kondo

o4UTL.png

and lol, I just found these

vVpq1.jpg

xnQ5J.jpg

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Hisoka from hunter X hunter. Possibly my favorite character in any anime ever.
53hisoka.jpg

L from Deathnote. I tried so hard to dislike him because who wants justice to prevail? and yet I could not help but to love him.
DeathNoteL3.jpg

Griffith from berserk. Reminds me a bit of myself.
image0069oa.jpg

Sokka from Avatar the last airbender. Not anime, but he needs to be in this thread.

Manymanymany more, But i'll keep it sweet.

Dali

Quacking said:
Too many, I'm gonna post 2 of the anime I'm currently watching.

I wanted to post them separated but I found a pic of them together searching for Hakase.

hmcUu.jpg

:lol

That's awesome.

Onizuka, Spike Spiegel, Kamina, Kyon and Konata are all awesome for different things.

BTW, incredible way to start the thread, with a horrible character, from a horrible anime/manga or whatever spits this days his author.

jmdajr said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU, how could I forget him!
Kintaro is fucking awesome.

AAK

No contest

Firelord_azula.png

1. Azula - One of the greatest, fearsome, and twisted villains ever made.

avatar-the-last-airbender-cartoon-screencap-book-2-earth-chapter-8-the-chase-toph-and-iroh-have-tea.jpg

2. General Iroh and Toph, gosh there are so many other characters in that series that are so well done, it's just unfair.

trigun-episode-10-vash-the-stampede-gun-fight-screenshot-3.png

3. Vash the Stampede

golgo13onke.jpg

Badass

vegetasithjto.jpg

Dude worked his ass off and still wasn't up to par with a dude who does nothing but eats and farts all day, plus he didn't give a shit half the time about things unless it later involved Bulma and Trunks (family man)

seijurohikockn0.jpg

Drinks sake like a pimp and stays out of shit, but would whip everyone's ass in the series.

casshern-pleasant-surpxmqn.jpg

Another badass who just blows holes through machines with his fist, not to mention has a dope dog companion who also beasts on machines.

sf6246-jin6m98.jpg

Dude reminds me of myself in anime form if I had samurai training lol, silent but deadly.

Go_Ly_Dow

Sagura from Fumoffu is definitely another favourite. I love how oblivious he is to the seriousness of his own actions.

Maebara Keichii from Higurashi is another character I liked. The best thing about him was how the viewer could relate to him. We were just as confused, shocked and out of the loop as he was. (and scared for me...)

hHpEY.png

Jsunu said:
right02.jpg

Sassy

Not a furry

Shiiii... my memory leaves me, but did it really take 7 pages until someone mentioned Holo?

tiff

Banned
Sennorin said:
I swear, he is my one and only "gay-fantasy", and I´m 100% heterosexual.
He's a pretty safe "gay fantasy" since he doesn't keep his boy parts when he goes Kämpfer mode :p

Sennorin said:
The anime was disappointing, though.
Aww, I loved it!

AAK

So many people are recommending mushishi, I really might just check it out since it's on Netflix.

Fran-17 said:
http://i.imgur.com/7DgF6.jpg[IMG]

<3[/QUOTE]

Good choice... But Jiguro is the true star of that show.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I want to say Ginko, from Mushishi, because his attitudes are what I aspire to.

AprJ7.jpg

And I want to say Yang Wenli, from Legends of the Galactic Heroes, only because he is an analytical badass without trying to be.

YVy9y.jpg

But my heart resoundly says Marco, from Porco Rosso. The best character ever developed by Miyazaki is (unofficially) based upon the man himself. A man who dislikes humanity for all of its negative criticisms, but deep down inside wants nothing more than others to feel pure joy. He knows he can't fix the issues and is quite deeply touched when he finds people who still see hope through the bullshit.

/salute

BkuKG.jpg

Like a god damn boss.

xvGWO.png

Definitely Vash the Stampede (Trigun)

Honorable mentions:
Legato Bluesummers (Trigun)
Knives (Trigun)
Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
Jubei Kibagami (Ninja Scroll)
Scar (FMA)
Roy Mustang (FMA)
Kenshiro (Fist of the North Star)
The Count (Gankutsuou)
Rock Lee (Naruto)
Tienshinhan (DB/DBZ)
Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke)
Gin (Bleach)

I really love Bebop and Samurai Champloo, but picking a favorite character almost seems inappropriate, the shows work best because all of the characters play off of each other.

DominoKid

#1 Vegeta
20090722232015!Vegeta.jpg

The fucking BAWSE of Dragon Ball Z. Fucking Goku never worked hard for shit! Vegeta grinded 24/7/365.

#2 Balalaika
balalaika.jpg

Honorable Mention
Kurama, Yusuke, Hiei(YYH)
Vash (Trigun)
Aizen (Bleach)
Roy Mustang (FMA)
Alucard (Hellsing Ultimate)
Lelouch (Code Geass) <--- Master of Trolls.

Desmond

AgentChris said:
Who is your favorite anime character?
Mine is without question Kakashi Hatake. His character has gone through a lot
his father committed suicide, his sensei Minato, best friends Obito, Rin and Jiraiya are all dead.
Yet he manages to continue and be badass. He was also in the Anbu Black Ops and also known as The Copy Ninja.
DSmoW.jpg

QBbuL.jpg
No love for Guy? lol.

219-005.gif

gif from narutoforums

zlatko

Banned
full936263663.jpg

Luffy_Vs_Lucci_BigGif2.gif

2968770629_1_3_VIWsNgQt.gif

Sexy_Monkey_D__Luffy_by_keigd.gif

His character over the 500+ episodes of One Piece continues to grow while still staying true to who he is.

Monkey D. Luffy! :D

Dresden

I like One Piece, but it's less 'staying true to who he is' and more 'same character he was at the start because there's no development,' tbh.

zlatko

Banned
Dresden said:
I like One Piece, but it's less 'staying true to who he is' and more 'same character he was at the start because there's no development,' tbh.

<_< Fully disagree. From the first few episodes of One Piece where it seems nothing but a goof off anime, to where it is now and how serious the stakes are and how he's stepped up to the challenges to protect people he cares about, and even admitting his weakness finally upon losing his brother, and then the flash backs to show us his inspirations from Sabo. No, he's developed and grown, but to each his own.

Kuroudu

Too much anime characters I like, naming a few that haven't been mentioned

Hei (Darker than Black)
3JCxV.jpg

Misaki Kirihara (Darker than Black)
Htv0S.jpg

Young Son Goku
0Lbcq.jpg

And lately
Rintar&#333; Okabe (Steins:Gate)
A truly mad scientist :p.
RHIlf.jpg

Kurisu Makise (Steins:Gate)
Intelligent and a tsundere I really like.
3J1B4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom