• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 bar matches running at 25% speed. Yeah, I won't get this one.

The weird thing is that there's a handful of reports claiming that the three bar connections are the best ones, and the four and five bars are the ones with the worst performance. I don't get it.

I'll probably wait and see if things get better.

Hyun Sai

I repost from the OT :

Seems like something is fishy with the netcode.

Frionel is having consistently great matches with 3 bars connexion and always underwater stuff with 4 bars.

EDIT : No lag for Frionel (Morocco) against Kenpachi (Belgium). Also no lag with someone in Scotland

So the netcode CAN be solid, seems like something else is screwing the system.

For those doubting it, stream is online : https://www.twitch.tv/frionel26

Like he said, it is really flawless.

I repost from the OT :

Seems like something is fishy with the netcode.

Frionel is having consistently great matches with 3 bars connexion and always underwater stuff with 4 bars.

EDIT : No lag for Frionel (Morocco) against Kenpachi (Belgium). Also no lag with someone in Scotland

So the netcode CAN be solid, seems like something else is screwing the system.

For those doubting it, stream is online : https://www.twitch.tv/frionel26

Like he said, it is really flawless.

clicked on stream, game froze for ten seconds, disconnected

well Im sold

edit: now the game is like running in slow motion

Hyun Sai

edit: now the game is like running in slow motion
Yes, because it's 4 bars now.

There is clearly a bug. If you're not convinced, you can still watch the archives later.

All I see is when it works, the netcode was flawless between Morocco and Belgium.

I don't know if you understand french, but he explained it pretty well.

Kalamari

It really hurts to see a game with poor netcode knowing how that will influence the game overall among the FGC. I had high hopes for KoF 14, I hope it's just a bug they can fix.

Hyun Sai

It really hurts to see a game with poor netcode knowing how that will influence the game overall among the FGC. I had high hopes for KoF 14, I hope it's just a bug they can fix.

Yeah, but I'm reassured to see that when there is no delay between africa and europe. Frionel is not even on Fiber. 12MBs Adsl connexion.

Tripon

I just hope Namco doesn't crap the bed with Tekken 7 online.

Tekken 7 MP even in the arcades is all done online.

Say you're at an arcade in Tokyo, you put your credit in, scan your player card to determine your rank, and you're matched up with a guy in Osaka, or Hokkaido.

I haven't heard any complaints about the online during Tekken 7's arcade run.

Dahbomb

Tekken 7 MP even in the arcades is all done online.

Say you're at an arcade in Tokyo, you put your credit in, scan your player card to determine your rank, and you're matched up with a guy in Osaka, or Hokkaido.

I haven't heard any complaints about the online during Tekken 7's arcade run.
Yeah well I don't live in Japan. I need a netcode that is suitable to my situation.

Honestly SFV netcode for me hasn't been too bad. Even when I sometimes play on wi-fi (yeah yeah get at me) it's acceptable.

Hyun Sai

Yeah well I don't live in Japan. I need a netcode that is suitable to my situation.

Honestly SFV netcode for me hasn't been too bad. Even when I sometimes play on wi-fi (yeah yeah get at me) it's acceptable.

T7 netcode should be similar to TTT2, so pretty good I hope.

Tripon

Nah, we all lived that wifi warrior life. You should try fightcade sometime, especially if you like to play old school fighters. I know you're a big fan of Marvel 3. Don't know how you feel about the older Vs. games.

Dahbomb

Nah, we all lived that wifi warrior life. You should try fightcade sometime, especially if you like to play old school fighters. I know you're a big fan of Marvel 3. Don't know how you feel about the older Vs. games.
I have played all the VS games and enjoyed all of them.

But man if I don't have time to be playing new school fighters, how am I going to have time to play the old fighters? Especially while trying to playing other games too.

Line_HTX

I have played all the VS games and enjoyed all of them.

But man if I don't have time to be playing new school fighters, how am I going to have time to play the old fighters? Especially while trying to playing other games too.

Yeah, same. I don't have time to keep up and learn the new ones either. The ideal life would be to have great resources and living the streaming life exclusively just to learn everything I want from so many different fighters, lol

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's difficult ;_;
XrdR's trials are definitely much more difficult! KoF14 has 5 trials per character and they apply the same concepts across the board. haven't seen anything remotely as involved as the KoF13 trials

miku

XrdR's trials are definitely much more difficult! KoF14 has 5 trials per character and they apply the same concepts across the board. haven't seen anything remotely as involved as the KoF13 trials

KOF13 trials are near impossible >_>

Hyun Sai

KOF13 trials are near impossible >_>

KoF XIII trials may have made many casuals drop the game early in disgust. After doing a few with Robert and Terry I just never went back there and concentrated in the VS, some of this shit was soul crushing

oneida

I'm hesitant to say that KOF 14's trials are my least favorite, since SFIV exists, but they're far too easy and there's not enough of them.

the game seems totally great though

oneida

R5vqxdU.jpg

credit @antinomy001

KoF XIII trials may have made many casuals drop the game early in disgust. After doing a few with Robert and Terry I just never went back there and concentrated in the VS, some of this shit was soul crushing

I don't know how they could have made it clearer that those are NOT a tutorial. I remember even some marketing people from the EU publisher saying it outright.

BadWolf

Iirc someone asked a few days ago if KOF2000 had legacy controller support on PS4, seems SNK posted on their twitter today that it has been added:

Ver.1.01 for KOF 2000(PS4) is available now (SIEA / SIEE regions)! This patch includes PS3 legacy controller support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom