• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 9-15 | Q Bomb is Top Tier

Dreamhack on Saturday. I did okay at a local up in Edge Hill on Saturday but I am getting sick to my stomach playing online ranked in USF4. :\ To the point where I just cannot play seriously and throw matches because I'm frustrated.

Would you guys be interested in some videos I am thinking of making of my trip? I want to go over arriving in Scandinavia, the trip to the event and the event itself. I want more international players out for Dreamhack Winter so I think having those videos to show how easy it is might encourage people to come.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing videos like that.

casperOne

Nice interview Q. Looking forward to saying hi at Evo.

The calm before the storm.

I deem FGW as the safe sanctuary from the console wars and fanboy shitstorm that is bound to occur in the new few days.

I don't venture outside of FGW. It's scary and frightening.

I'm not optimistic for a Capcom new IP fighting game reveal at E3. It just doesn't seem in the cards this year.

alstein

Nice interview Q. Looking forward to saying hi at Evo.

I don't venture outside of FGW. It's scary and frightening.

I'm not optimistic for a Capcom new IP fighting game reveal at E3. It just doesn't seem in the cards this year.

I don't think a Capcom FG reveal would be at E3, might be TGS instead. I do think we see something next year, but not SF4 , and on a smaller scale.

GooeyHeat

I hope not. That would be boring with all the possibilities they could have with other types.
I actually counted the other day, there are 28 fully evolved fighting type Pokemon, which would be a pretty good roster for a fighting game.
Unfortunately, it drops to 24 if you cut out the four quadrupedal fighting-types. It can be back at 25 if you add Mega Mewtwo X, since it's the only Mega that gains the fighting type. Would make for a good boss character, hehe.

Also if it is like Tekken, then I can't wait for the Hitmontop complaints, because obviously Hitmontop is the Pokemon equivalent to Eddy Gordo.

Also if it is like Tekken, then I can't wait for the Hitmontop complaints, because obviously Hitmontop is the Pokemon equivalent to Eddy Gordo.

528bc2678dab1.gif

Beckx

If Santa doesn't leave good fighting game announcements in my stocking for gamer Xmas I'm going to be pissed.

El Sloth

Banned
Shoutout to El Sloth recognizing me at Spring Fighter.

Also got to meet Seth and Valle. I was starstruck. *_*
Haha, sorry about how random that was! I was just certain I recognized you and then it clicked in my head when I saw the camera. Also, sorry I didn't stick around to chat, I was worried about going 0-2 in Ultra (I went 0-2). Afterwards I got caught in the Killer Queen vortex. That game is too fun.

NEO0MJ

Yes, but I still think there is a Gold barrier to entry.

Aren't they removing the Gold Barrier from apps now? Maybe they'll follow Sony and make F2P games not require gold. At least I think Sony doesn't require plus for some online games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aren't they removing the Gold Barrier from apps now? Maybe they'll follow Sony and make F2P games not require gold. At least I think Sony doesn't require plus for some online games.
Yeah but they said they have no plans to remove it for F2P games. I think they will soon enough though. Maybe even in half an hour.

Top Bottom