• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 20-26 | MRN died so Guilty Gear could live!

Let's not forget that pretty much everything Capcom was outsourcing got canceled via that last announcement. I doubt Darkstalkers survived that, though I would love to be surprised.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
some version of SFII for PS4, lol
It could be worse, it could be SFII on Vita.

Capcom Vancouver's big game hasn't been announced yet, right? And Ono was busy in Vancouver. Therefore, Ono is going to present CV's (aka Blue Castle's) big game.
Nope.

I think it's almost certainly DR3 though. That was leaked years ago and we still haven't seen a blip of it. I'm convinced it's next gen, and rumours point to that too.

Let's not forget that pretty much everything Capcom was outsourcing got canceled via that last announcement. I doubt Darkstalkers survived that, though I would love to be surprised.
Capcom clarified that they're still outsourcing recently, but just cutting down on overseas outsources. If a DS is in development, I think it'd be fine.

Dahbomb

Except DmC2 because Capcom apparently spun DmC's mediocre sales as being "solid".

Except DmC2 because Capcom apparently spun DmC's mediocre sales as being "solid".
It's a new IP, you can't expect great sales. ;-)

Capcom clarified that they're still outsourcing recently, but just cutting down on overseas outsources. If a DS is in development, I think it'd be fine.
Ono has been in Vancouver for a while though, right? If DS4 has been worked on, it seems like it would be over there.

sleepykyo

Called it ages ago that DmC couldn't be seen as a failure.

I think it's almost certainly DR3 though. That was leaked years ago and we still haven't seen a blip of it. I'm convinced it's next gen, and rumours point to that too.

I'd like to see a DR3. Outside of the super zombies, DR2 was great and I'm curious what Blue Castle is going add in response to the new zombie, open world games. eg. Dead Island (Riptide) and Dead State.

Lulubop

Yea, if I had to bet on Capcom showing one next gen I'd guess it'd be DR3. I also agree that DS4 likely didn't survived somewhere along the line. I feel like Capcom won't put a fighter out till SF5.

Beckx

let's be relevant and discuss our favorite worst franchise pizzas

Why does franchise pizza get worse and worse every f'ing year?

But: thin crust Pizza Hut, light cheese, extra sauce, extra pepperoni. The less crust and the more spicy stuff on it, the less they can screw it up.

Ono has been in Vancouver for a while though, right? If DS4 has been worked on, it seems like it would be over there.

I thought he was there to get Remember Me out the door?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think Ono has been in Vancouver continuously. He's still mostly in Japan and just flying about doing general Capcom stuff because of his new job title (mostly to SF). I can only recall the one time he tweeted about being there to check in as an incidence of him being in Vancouver.

Dahbomb

They're patching Marvel 2
I don't even think that game is patchable... I mean where the hell would you even start?

Considering what the average character in MVC2 is capable of (vanilla ass assists, basic SF-esque ground game play, short combos, limited air options) I don't think I want to play a game like that.

Darkstalkers died so Capcom all stars could live.
I'm okay with that trade. You'll probably get a good portion of the Darkstalkers characters in it anyway.

I thought he was there to get Remember Me out the door?
Maybe, I just repeat what I hear on this stuff.

I don't think Ono has been in Vancouver continuously. He's still mostly in Japan and just flying about doing general Capcom stuff because of his new job title (mostly to SF). I can only recall the one time he tweeted about being there to check in as an incidence of him being in Vancouver.
Is that so?

I loved Little Caesar's back when I could eat (non-Gluten Free) Pizza.
What does gluten do to you?

I don't even think that game is patchable... I mean where the hell would you even start?

Considering what the average character in MVC2 is capable of (vanilla ass assists, basic SF-esque ground game play, short combos, limited air options) I don't think I want to play a game like that.
Just buff everyone except the three Gods and Cable. You can tread lightly with Srider and Doom buffs. Servbot and Roll get all the tools.

kirblar

What does gluten do to you?
Screws up my system (celiac) - it's basically an internal allergic reaction. Less nutrient absorbtion, makes me cranky, etc. Didn't figure it out until like 5 years ago, and was life-altering since I actually had energy for the first time ever.

We'll see an Ono-lead fighting game at E3, probably at tbe Sony conference. They had the bit with Blanka asking for help at the end of the Deep Down showcase.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We'll see an Ono-lead fighting game at E3, probably at tbe Sony conference. They had the bit with Blanka asking for help at the end of the Deep Down showcase.
I thought that was a tease for the type of advanced connectivity they'll have on the PS4 for DD. I think they even said as such.

Infinite

FChamp Senpai pls
tumblr_mn48e1iQKs1rq56feo1_400.jpg

El Sloth

Banned
This was made by orioto and posted in his wallpaper thread...

So good. :)
This reminds me; has anyone asked Ono on twitter what he think about the new GG's visuals? I'd be interested in hearing his opinion on it (and maybe a teasing little "I'd like to try something like that myself" from him).

kirblar

This reminds me; has anyone asked Ono on twitter what he think about the new GG's visuals? I'd be interested in hearing his opinion on it (and maybe a teasing little "I'd like to try something like that myself" from him).
He might not be able to answer, much like Combofiend/Haunts can't play non-Capcom games publicly.

El Sloth

Banned
He might not be able to answer, much like Combofiend/Haunts can't play non-Capcom games publicly.
I'm pretty sure I remember him tweeting once about him having fun playing Skullgirls during one of the E3s.

Or maybe I'm remembering wrong and it was one of the ArcSys guys.

Edit: I've got this blog post to back me up: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/09/02/meet-the-skullgirls-the-next-generation-of-psn-fighters/

A few weeks ago, you may have noticed that Street Fighter IV’s venerable producer Yoshinori Ono said he was looking forward to a new game called “Skullgirls.”​

unfortunately no link to the tweet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks to GIFcam I now have the patience to GIF something I've always wanted to GIF.

iWIIUmPrHWBgP.gif

Horribly optimized but YOU ARE ALL FEELING AWKWARD NOW.

Top Bottom