• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 20-26 | MRN died so Guilty Gear could live!

Fanatiq Gamerson ‏@MrFanatiq 13m
@ProfessorBeef @KeitsSRK And blocking people that I don't wanna hear from.

This is Fanatiq's stream in a nutshell. He timeouts/bans anyone who says anything remotely negative about him or says anything he disagrees with. Over time this has filtered his regular viewers into this cult-like group of followers he calls his "stream family" that he sends out to spam other stream chats and twitter on his behalf.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm also not a fan of the way Fanatiq tries to sucker people into money matching him. He got a bunch of his fans to run a twitter smear campaign against Infrit trying to goad Infrit into money matching him - right after Infrit had won several thousand dollars at Evo. It's obvious what Fanatiq was after.
I can't necessarily hate on Fanatiq for trying to get a shot at the money, but it was disgusting how people piled on Infrit for refusing. That just should have been the end of it and everyone should have moved on with their lives. Same thing when it came to Revelations and John Nelson. Infrit was catching shit from some of these guys for being one of the very few high-profile figures who stepped up and actively discouraged people from attending the event. We all know how that story ended.

This is Fanatiq's stream in a nutshell. He timeouts/bans anyone who says anything remotely negative about him or says anything he disagrees with. Over time this has filtered his regular viewers into this cult-like group of followers he calls his "stream family" that he sends out to spam other stream chats and twitter on his behalf.
I got banned after I asked what happened to Fanatiq and why he and Knives were late to that one tournament. He said the venue was 30 minutes away and they didn't leave early, and somehow got the mindset that he was being targeted. I tried to point out that if he had decided to get there extra early, he wouldn't have had that problem, and I was banned on the spot.

The mod who banned me then sent me a message on Twitch that said "hold that shit nigga." Couldn't help but laugh. :lol
What now?

I've got chocolate-covered pretzels, I'm good.

It's part of the Fanatiq persona. But I heard he's a really nice guy in person. But the lines are blurring... for better or worse.

Joule

Has anyone encountered an issue with twitch as of late? I can't seem to load videos from any channel from twitch proper but with say Teevox/Jaxel's multistream viewer/etc I can watch the streams from there.

kirblar

I don't understand how Fanatiq consistently manages to have registration issues. We know you have a computer motherfucker, you stream all the time.
Because he's intentionally doing it in order to try and get the TOs to warp the brackets around him.

Top Bottom