• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol according to Verendus DQ11 will be on Ps4 and we get Monster Hunter Games

FF7 Remake, Dragon Quest 11, Monster Hunter

Seriously what else would you need to save the Japanese Console Market?

Huh? What?

Dont tell me that's Level 5's PS4 game :O

I am so happy to see Japan kicking ass.

(I still hope Dark Cloud 3 is the Level 5 announcement)

Can someone ask Verendus about Dark Cloud 3

Been thinking a lot about this and I'm not sure how they represent the
Sector 7 plate falling
with full emotional impact without going for a mature rating. I was so fucking shook when that happened in my first playthrough.

Xpliskin

This man
image.php

I secretly think he's Adam Boyes alt account.

Christopher

Fucking game changer...this was epic I and believe it actually happened...it feels unreal...

When Resident Evil 2 remake is finally announced we have exhausted most of the fan demands or remakes no?

J Range

I'm probably going to be in the minority nut I would like the remake to be an arpg. We already played it how it was, why not experience it in a new way? Action rpg's are more fun imo and i think the market is shifting that way as well.

apart from cloud.

Do you think they will stick to the Avent Children Style with the other characters/group members

FF7-Final-Fantasy-VII-font-b-Advent-b-font-font-b-Children-b-font-Game-Silk.jpg

banner_281.jpg

i don't like barrets design and costume

Tifa looks perfect same goes to Aerith

Ishida

Banned
apart from cloud.

Do you think they will stick to the Avent Children Style with the other characters/group members

banner_281.jpg

If you mean their clothes, then no. I'm sure the remake will feature the same set of clothes they had on the original game.

Did he ever specifically say DQ 11?
it always read to be like he was avoiding that numeral

he was several times hinting at DQ 11 be on Ps4...especially when there disscussion about it and people doubted

But no - he never said DQ11 specifically. For me his hints however were obvious, since he also said that we will get more DQ Games on Ps4 including a Remaster

apart from cloud.

banner_281.jpg

Probably not, and honestly the only one I would want them to take is Tifa's Advent Children outfit.

Meowster

I wonder how Aerith will look. She's looked pretty different between Advent Children, Advent Children Complete, and Crisis Core. Everyone else has been, more or less, consistent. But she's been changed - especially between AC and ACC. I kinda liked how she looked in AC but that might just be me.

Sector 7 plate falling
with full emotional impact without going for a mature rating. I was so fucking shook when that happened in my first playthrough.
Wasn't there a glimpse of that on the trailer?
When the kids are playing with their swords and an explosion occurs.

I'm more excited to see the side characters that never got HD treatment fet redesigned.

Really excited to see Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge.

Sector 7 plate falling

Sepiroth massacrating the soldiers at Shinra HQ
Nibelheim getting burned down

No way this won't be an 18+ Game....i guess

i hope they don't tone down the brutality

I fully expect FFVIIR to end with a new stinger to lead into a sequel.
Start the Compilation with FFVIIR (or at least its announcement) and end it with FFVII-2.

0% chance
that they don't release a FFVII PS4 console.

Man I can't imagine what the collector's edition of the game will come with. Little, colorful night lamps shaped like materia orbs? Maybe ones you could put into a stand shaped like materia slots? A new soundtrack CD collection in a round CD case built and shaped like Midgar? Buster sword USB memory stick that's also a key chain and/or cellphone strap? Shinra branded leather wallet? (maybe it could come with a numbered "all floors acess" Shinra security key card)? Hardcover Coffee Table art book? Maybe some pages could have pop-up art? An FFVII branded showerhead that emits neon green light so it looks like you're bathing in the Lifestream when you shower. Lunchbox/thermos colored and made to look like the blue menu in the game with the white pointy hand with conpartments labeled potion, ether, elixir, Phoenix down, etc.

My mind's racing with the ridiculous FFVII themed useless swag that I'd eat up.

lol according to Verendus DQ11 will be on Ps4 and we get Monster Hunter Games

FF7 Remake, Dragon Quest 11, Monster Hunter

Seriously what else would you need to save the Japanese Console Market?

If anything will save the JP console scene, this'd be it.

Meowster

If VII even had VIII or IX level graphics, I think it definitely would have been rated M. Some of those existential themes during Disc 2 are going to be trippy as fuck in high quality.. Hope they really nail the emotion there, that was the best segment of the game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This game might do the same thing it did in 1997, which is make JRPGs hugely popular and profitable for a good number of years afterward.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Still not believing this is happening.
This is an Hashimoto troll.

RPGCrazied

I still think I'm in shock. I think once I let all this soak in, and I'm going to lose it.

The first real trailer will probably end me. lol

Jim Ryan adresses the exclusivity (first on PS4).

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-e3-2015-interview-final-fantasy-7-exclusivity/1100-6428295/

Interview said:
Another big E3 reveal for you was the HD Final Fantasy 7 Remake, which was a huge crowd pleaser. How long does the timed exclusivity deal last?

We don't have anything to say about that at this point in time.

I understand. I remember when Microsoft announced the Rise of the Tomb Raider exclusivity deal, and Phil Spencer was engulfed by the press who were asking him how long the exclusivity lasted. I feel this issue deserves the same scrutiny.

Yes, but that whole thing was very ambiguous.

Yes, but this is ambiguous as well. No one knows how long Final Fantasy 7 is a timed exclusive for.

[PR spokesperson: "At this stage, we are announcing that it's coming to our platform. There's nothing else we can say, in terms of exclusivity."]

But that is ambiguous. People who want to buy this game don't know how long it will remain as a PlayStation 4 exclusive.

[PR spokesperson: "At this stage, we are just saying announcing the title, so it's very common, especially at this stage, to say it's coming and that it's coming to our platform.]

Ryan: What we're not doing is saying it's an outright exclusive, which I think is a subtle difference [compared] to what happened last year.

They must be stil negotiating, if the PR person had te step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom