• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Yeah...It is 4AM, and I am still listening to Shenmue music.
And I have an important client meeting in 8hrs...fuck me...
I will try to pretend I am Sony during the meeting and drop megatons...or fail hard.

Just inform the important client that Sony dropped some gigatons and you're still recovering. Tell them how Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian AND FFVII Remake were announced, they will understand.

Tabris

It's been a while but I remember Advent Children 2.0 or whatever it was called (the Blu Ray version with the bunch of extra scenes that expanded on the story) was actually pretty decent? I know the first version wasn't great due to bad editing / disjointed story.

I mean I will always kind of hate Advent Children as I like the FF7 ending interpretation that humanity returned to the lifestream, but the 2nd version of AC was at least pretty decent.

Dark_castle

Nibelheim is one of the places I'm most looking forward to.

A lot fucked up shit happened there. o_o

In terms of towns, I'm most looking forward to visiting these in modern graphics.

CostaDelSol.PNG

FFVII-CosmoCanyon.jpg

Go_Ly_Dow

Yeah...It is 4AM, and I am still listening to Shenmue music.
And I have an important client meeting in 8hrs...fuck me...
I will try to pretend I am Sony during the meeting and drop megatons...or fail hard.

Bro, Sony dropped GIGATONS.

Anyway company that expects top performance from employees after The Last Guardian, FF7 Remake AND Shenmue 3 isn't worth your time.

I would hand in your notice.

[Fugo]

I hope they threat it like Resident Evil 1 Remake: super high quality prerendered backdrops, mantaining the core gameplay and so on, with nice additions and such.
Otherwise I fear they could actually ruin it.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Best E3 news from always.

God I'm so hyped, also very happy T.Nomura's is at the helm and the original director Kitase supervisoring his work. It'll be a dream team making a remake of a dream game. GOD!

So they essentially have to recreate 15 towns in huh is game plus the huge over world?

Big task

I think what they need to work on is making the npc's interesting. They are all so full of life in FFVII, but you get to the likes of Advent Children and all the background characters look like they were designed by looking at clothing catalogs

You have to assume that the content creation, whilst a mammoth task, will be made easier by the fact that they know exactly what needs to be in the game. They shouldn't really be making any redundant stuff. The main question (for us - probably not for them at this stage) is the exact manner in which one traverses the landscape. But once that's locked down, hopefully it's just a matter of go go go on the content creation.

ElyrionX

Is there a live reaction video somewhere? The twitch link in the OP does not work and all I can find on youtube are shitty youtube personal reaction vids.

z1ggy

When the piano started in the trailer i literally cried. Several hours later and still i'm in shock.

I simple can not believe it.

ConceptX

Is there a live reaction video somewhere? The twitch link in the OP does not work and all I can find on youtube are shitty youtube personal reaction vids.

Could only find a couple.

Gametrailers (Staff reaction/bit of audience at end):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1vSYIHlMp8

Kotaku shows a bit of the audience at the end (has audience audio, somewhat):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EELUk0XxPrM

On the Kotaku video, you hear the tone change between the end of the trailer/"remake" appearing, it's glorious.

alexein

man what a night it was , i stayed up until 5 a.m to watch it and no regrets.
ff 7 shenmue 3 and the last guardian.
but i wonder whats left for square , i hope for ff 12 hd i need something to wait until the remake.

Wasteland 2 and XCOM are bad examples, on consoles they are more comparable to SRPGs than JRPGs.

Stick of Truth is a lot faster and more streamlined than FF7.

I wouldn't mind them sticking with ATB at all, but they need to make it as responsive as FFX-2 at least (and give us a way to skip summons).
Arent you the PC guy? Cant you mod that yourself? Why change a whole game simply for things you want when you can make those "simple tweaks" yourself?

Go_Ly_Dow

I don't think Nobuo Uematsu is working on this. Surely they would have shown his name if he were...

Yup. They would. His name is still massive.

Probably still being decided. The soundtrack is the last thing they need to tackle.

In order of likelihood my guesses are.

1. Ishimoto
2. Hamauzu
3. Uematsu
4. Shimomura

Could be a combo.

My dream pick would still be Uematsu.

Bousf

Yesterday was beyond surreal, I'm still recovering!!

Hopefully it launches in time for the original's 20th anniversary (2017)

On the music, I doubt Shimomura is making it, she's working on both KH3 and FFXV, enough on her plate (even though she's my fave ever)

AmyS

If someone had said last year or early this year that The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Shenmue III would all be announced for PS4 at E3 2015 in the space of about ~1 hour, who in the hell would've believed it?

Just as Nintendo's E3 2004 conference with Zelda and Shigeru Miyamoto coming out on stage with sword & shield in hand was talked about for a decade, so shall what happened tonight be talked about in 2025, long after even PS5 has been released.

If someone had said last year or early this year that The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Shenmue III would all be announced for PS4 at E3 2015 in the space of about ~1 hour, who in the hell would've believed it?

Just as Nintendo's E3 2004 conference with Zelda and Shigeru Miyamoto coming out on stage with sword & shield in hand was talked about for a decade, so shall what happened tonight be talked about in 2025, long after even PS5 has been released.

This is will definitely go in the history of gaming as one of the greatest moments ever. I don't even know if it ever will be topped.

Dark_castle

A lot of people are hyped about Omnislash, but I'm so looking forward to see Braver again. I thought its animation was simple, yet satisfying as hell. And the sound the attack makes felt really impactful and...satisfying.

mdzapeer

Ok show of hands. Who cried when you realized it was FF7 remake?

I did'nt, probably would have if they used Aries theme.

Impulsor

I can't stop thinking about the Shinra motorcycle escape. I can't. Hold me GAF.

Imagine that scene... Imagine Cosmo Canyon, Imagine the first time we see the starship.

Imagine Gold Saucer. Imagine it all. I still van't beleive this is happening

Roxas

an interesting tidbit from the official Final Fantasy facebook page...

The full remake of FINAL FANTASY VII (final name pending) is coming to PlayStation® 4.
Look out for more information coming later! For the latest FINAL FANTASY news, be sure to like and follow us on our official social networks.

Implying that the game may not be called just Final Fantasy VII, and also says more information coming later (SE press conference?)

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Ok show of hands. Who cried when you realized it was FF7 remake?

I did'nt, probably would have if they used Aries theme.

Let me tell you what happened to me in that five seconds.

I was holding a fork which was loaded with Kung Pao Chicken. I dropped the fork to the floor, jumped out of my chair, nearly stepped on my cat and yes there were tears.

psychotron

I had chills. As soon as I saw what appeared to be Midgar, I stood up. Then came the music....and Cloud. I legitimately started tearing up. Sony dropped so many bombs I still can't process it all. Great conferences on both sides this year!

funkypie

Banned
Hope they do a new battle system and get the English translation right this time.

If I wanted ff7 atb I'd play ff7 original.

When they showed midgar I was worried they might be doing a sequel instead of a remake.

Ganondorfo

Oh man I hope they will remake FFIX next, PS4 needs to have a traditional Final Fantasy again. Maybe thats going to be FFXVI?

Everyone today at work and outside is talking about FFVII, I didn't know FFVII was that big, it's almost as popular when everyone talked when the Star Wars Episode VII trailer got launched.

_Nemo

Cloud: And if you don't tell us...I'll chop them off.
Aerith: ...I'll rip them off.
Tifa: ...I'll smash them.

In HD =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom