• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX now out on Android and iOS

Doubt it.

Going by what the other mobile ports cost - FFIX's PC port will likely be the same price.

Unless you mean if it gets the 20% discount too - I hope it does.

Thanks!

Wow - $100? Hmmm...

I think they've done this with the release of their other PC ports.

jax

Banned
So I guess as a lot of you had already noticed this game needs an update. Doesn't work with MFi controllers like the nimbus.. Only movement works, right bumper for auto, left on the dpad for help and up for pause..

Bummer. Really wanted to dig into this tonight. Hopefully it is updated soon.

Chris R

Price is steeper than I'd want to double dip on my phone and PC.

Plus, my Phone doesn't have 8GB free (I'm only working with 12GB to begin with) sooooo waiting for the Steam release it is.

Magnus

When you mirror your iPhone or iPad to your TV using Apple TV AirPlay Mirroring, does the TV display the touch control HUD? That would be so terrible.

Love some iOS impressions for anyone with an iPhone 6S or an iPad Air 2. I'm sure performance is good, but I'd love to hear about the touch controls. I don't have external controls and probably won't ever get them. (Would kill the portability, doesn't make sense for my purposes.)
Touch controls are great. Best FF effort on iOS yet. You can use the floating analog stick as well as point and move (tho that sometimes doesn't work as well). And the sensitivity is just right.

Magnus

Touch controls are great. Best FF effort on iOS yet. You can use the floating analog stick as well as point and move (tho that sometimes doesn't work as well).

Glad to hear it. I always found the touch controls fine for RPGs. They're a nightmare for action games, but for this, suits me just fine.

I won't pay 18 bucks for it because I know for a fact once I buy it, I won't play it for awhile and when I do play it, there will be a 50% off sometime in the future.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
4 to 8 GB is a lot. If I deleted all my games I still wouldn't even get close to 8 GB. I'd need to buy my own tablet just for this. I'd love to get this for my phone, but Steam would be so much easier to have installed and still have space for whatever.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Bought! I just saw that they released the original Seiken Densetsu game redone in 3D, too. Bought that, too!

thefil

I'd own a lot more SE iOS games if they priced then like they lived in the real world.

Glad some games are resisting the war of attrition iOS has on game prices. Devs need to make a living, too. Even if this is just a port.

*edit*

I would NOT buy a Mad Catz CTRL-I even if it worked with this game. Bought one, it broke first use and stopped taking battery power. Returned to Amazon for replacement, it wouldn't enter syncing mode with bluetooth out of the box. Returned it for my money back.

nikos

FFUUUU I just bought Adventures of Mana for my iOS RPG fix. Had a feeling this would drop soon after. I never finished FFIX, so I'm in.

Magnus

Please tell me there's a way to remove the clock and battery from displaying at the top. Always found that annoying in previous iOS FF ports. Can't believe it seems to be a fixed HUD element, still....

TheExodu5

Banned
Can anyone confirm there are no issues with this port?

On both my 6 Plus and iPad Air, FF7 performed really poorly and was a bug ridden mess.

Teletraan1

Banned
Please tell me there's a way to remove the clock and battery from displaying at the top. Always found that annoying in previous iOS FF ports. Can't believe it seems to be a fixed HUD element, still....

It always seemed like Fisher Price My First Mobile Port with that nonsense. My phone already has a battery indicator and a clock that I can swipe to see at any time. I certainly don't need a HUD element for them in the game.

Pachimari

It always seemed like Fisher Price My First Mobile Port with that nonsense. My phone already has a battery indicator and a clock that I can swipe to see at any time. I certainly don't need a HUD element for them in the game.
I gotta say that I'm loving it. It's convenient to see the time, but even better to see the battery. If I didn't have the indicator, I would have lost my progress. It's convenient.

And no, you can not remove it.

AgeEighty

I will say that the fact that the Steam version isn't out concurrently with the mobile version gives me some hope that there will be differences, i.e. the PC version won't have the huge mobile HUD.

Also, how are people not understanding that $16.99 is the regular price and the sale starts tomorrow? Should be around $12 for the sale period.

I've played only so far as Evil Forest and so far I think it's pretty well done. There are a few hiccups: the FMVs sometimes stutter at the beginning, and the battle speed isn't much changed (although menus definitely seem more responsive).
And they "corrected" the little Alexandrian girl's "You dwopped your ticket" to "dropped". >:O
But overall I think it's a really worthwhile port.

The backgrounds are probably about as good looking as anyone could reasonably expect, and at least on my 5.7" phone screen I don't find the difference jarring. On my PC monitor it may be a different story, but we'll see.

KtSlime

I will say that the fact that the Steam version isn't out concurrently with the mobile version gives me some hope that there will be differences, i.e. the PC version won't have the huge mobile HUD.

Also, how are people not understanding that $16.99 is the regular price and the sale starts tomorrow? Should be around $12 for the sale period.

I've played only so far as Evil Forest and so far I think it's pretty well done. There are a few hiccups: the FMVs sometimes stutter at the beginning, and the battle speed isn't much changed (although menus definitely seem more responsive).
And they "corrected" the little Alexandrian girl's "You dwopped your ticket" to "dropped". >:O

The backgrounds are probably about as good looking as anyone could reasonably expect, and at least on my 5.7" phone screen I don't find the difference jarring. On my PC monitor it may be a different story, but we'll see.

Easy... I'm in Japan and it is already the 10th and prices at 2000¥. So either the date is wrong for Japan and they meant the 11th, or it is already on sale for the west but a day early. My guess it is already on sale and are using the Japanese date.

AgeEighty

Easy... I'm in Japan and it is already the 10th and prices at 2000¥. So either the date is wrong for Japan and they meant the 11th, or it is already on sale for the west but a day early. My guess it is already on sale and are using the Japanese date.

We'll see tomorrow I guess, but $16.99 is standard for most of their FF titles and isn't a "30% off" price that makes any sense, as has already been pointed out earlier. That would make the regular price $25.49, and I really don't think that's the case, do you?

PikkonX

Don't know why I keep buying these. I own all the Final Fantasy games released on Android and I play them for about 10 minutes at a time before the touch screen controls get on my nerves. The new high resolution character models are pretty awesome though. I have been wanting to play through IX recently, so I'll probably get the Steam version as well...

Feep

Banned
I've seen Square Enix do horrible, horrible things to us via the mobile platform.

But I watched those first ten minutes, and I have to say, it looked very nice.

What! Why!?

Ugh... I thought this was going to be the best version of FFIX...

I mean I get changing "This guy are sick." but to change that? Lame. *continues to be mad over the internet*

Top Bottom