• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 (Fan) Translation Released

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Tabata made it clear more than once that before taking Agito they should find a way to deliver Type-0 in the west. Plus Agito is a niche f2p game that I don't think is going to be as that big as in Japan here in the west. Type-0 in an HD-version will do great instead if released on PS3 or PS4 next christmas. I can see them both announced or neither of them at the incoming E3.

laoni

I am going to play as Trey as much as possible.

171px-FFType0-TreyRender2.png

180px-Final-Fantasy-Type-0-Trey.jpg

Look at that suave bastard.

He's bloody adorable, that's what he is <3

Love Trey (Good fun to play as, too.)

Pooya

I find it hard to believe that they would port Type-0 when they've just made a moblie version of the game.It would be a waste of money and remember that SE didn't want to localie PSP version because of sales. If anything it's going to be Agito.

the mobile game is a different game, they only share assets.

laoni

Only character that isn't fun to play to me is Cinque. Kudos to those who can time her hammer swings, I have no patience for that.

Oh god Cinque and Jack get me every time @_@

I first went to Jack after playing Cater, that was a change and a half

Zomba13

I have (Type-)0 faith in SE brining Type-0 to the west or showing it at E3. I do believe they will show/have playable a version of Agito (the mobile game spin-off thing). They might port Agito to the Vita, have it f2p or all chapters for a fixed price, might show up on PS3/4, might just be a translation on Android and iOS. They've had years and years to show or tease or even acknowledge Type-0 for the west and it even fucking lost in a poll/request thing for Sony to bring it to Vita.

On the topic of the translation though, if I was to rip the game and get it patched would it run well in the PPSSPP emulator? Would rather play it on my PC than my dusty old PSP (and I mean literally dusty, it needs a good clean before it's usable for play rather than to sit and rip a game).

I have (Type-)0 faith in SE brining Type-0 to the west or showing it at E3. I do believe they will show/have playable a version of Agito (the mobile game spin-off thing). They might port Agito to the Vita, have it f2p or all chapters for a fixed price, might show up on PS3/4, might just be a translation on Android and iOS. They've had years and years to show or tease or even acknowledge Type-0 for the west and it even fucking lost in a poll/request thing for Sony to bring it to Vita.

On the topic of the translation though, if I was to rip the game and get it patched would it run well in the PPSSPP emulator? Would rather play it on my PC than my dusty old PSP (and I mean literally dusty, it needs a good clean before it's usable for play rather than to sit and rip a game).

Type-0 runs perfectly on PPSSPP as far as I know. Its a bit more demanding than most PSP titles, but it shouldn't be a problem if your PC is modern enough.

Zomba13

Type-0 runs perfectly on PPSSPP as far as I know. Its a bit more demanding than most PSP titles, but it shouldn't be a problem if your PC is modern enough.

That's great then. My PC is pretty beefy all round so I was hoping it'd be good. Don't even have PPSSPP installed as I've not ripped any games but this would be the one to get around to it.

scraz

Need specs to tell you anything. Works great on i7-930@4ghz with a 480gtx. The real seller for using PPSSPP is being able to remap the the camera controls from the Dpad to the right analog on a 360 controller. The right trigger acts as a speed boost as well to speed up grinding which is nice.

Zukuu

Banned
I hope it gets released soon. It's worrying that his skycloud site hasn't been updated yet, with any info about this "opposite-of-delay". I guess this is where we can download it as well once it drops?

aravuus

Alright, merged iso runs perfectly on ppsspp, now it's just waiting for the translation to hit.

I really, really hope it actually is coming out today cause otherwise I've been getting excited for nothing and I have to go back to FF VII.

i5-3570k, GTX760 and 8 gigs of ram if anyone with similar specs is wondering if it'll run

WarRock

Oh god Cinque and Jack get me every time @_@

I first went to Jack after playing Cater, that was a change and a half

Jack is one of the most satisfying characters I (ever?) played. When you get how to zig-zag all over the battle field slashing backs and watching all soldiers fall from a single blow each...

And now I'll be able to do that and understand why I'm doing all of this, yay!

PPSSPP has a some really low requirements if you're on the PC.

I should know, I'm running it on a 5 year old Core 2/ATI Mobility HD 4670 laptop and all games that are deemed playable in the compat list run at 100% speed with lots more to spare for fast forwarding through during grinding in RPGs.

We made it for mobile devices which are an order of magnitude slower than your average PC, so as long as you have one built in the past 8 years with some form of dedicated graphics card, you're golden.

Zomba13

Alright, merged iso runs perfectly on ppsspp, now it's just waiting for the translation to hit.

I really, really hope it actually is coming out today cause otherwise I've been getting excited for nothing and I have to go back to FF VII.

i5-3570k, GTX760 and 8 gigs of ram if anyone with similar specs is wondering if it'll run

Cool. I've got an i5-4670k @ 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM and a GTX780. Just got to wait till E3 is over to make absolutely sure SE don't announce this (though I don't expect them to)

I should know, I'm running it on a 5 year old Core 2/ATI Mobility HD 4670 laptop and all games that are deemed playable in the compat list run at 100% speed with lots more to spare for fast forwarding through during grinding in RPGs.

We made it for mobile devices which are an order of magnitude slower than your average PC, so as long as you have one built in the past 8 years with some form of dedicated graphics card, you're golden.

PPSSPP runs great on my Asus T100 tablet, even at 2 or 3 times PSP native res.

Just wanted to ask you...

Did the shadow problem in FF type-0 with PPSSPP get fixed?

I have PPSSPP running. Is there any settings I need to configure to get the best quality?

Is there any sort of cross save ability that I can use between by PSP and this? even if it means transferring saves back and forth through USB.

Aeana

I have PPSSPP running. Is there any settings I need to configure to get the best quality?

Is there any sort of cross save ability that I can use between by PSP and this? even if it means transferring saves back and forth through USB.
Yeah, the emulator has a memstick directory that looks just like the memstick you'd have on your PSP. You can copy the save between those locations no problem.

Besides the out of the box settings?

1. Jack up the rendering resolution to 8x or higher, thus creating a downsampling effect. Make sure Buffered Rendering is being used (it is by default), else this setting will not be applied.

2. Apply some form of Texture Scaling but don't go any higher than 3x. 4x and higher introduces stuttering in even the most beefy of rigs.

3. Use a post processing shader like Natural Colours to enhance the image further. Unfortunately SweetFX/ENB does not work with PPSSPP since it uses an OpenGL based renderer. The FXAA shader smooths the jaggies out but at the cost of image sharpness and clarity.

4. Ensure that all the speedhacks have been disabled for maximum accuracy.

Need specs to tell you anything. Works great on i7-930@4ghz with a 480gtx. The real seller for using PPSSPP is being able to remap the the camera controls from the Dpad to the right analog on a 360 controller. The right trigger acts as a speed boost as well to speed up grinding which is nice.

We have the same exact specs. Off topic but have you played Watch Dogs on your PC?

Aeana

I just downloaded v0.9.8-1088-ga31194a and the shadows are in white (I haven't touched any of the settings... yet)

What should I do to try and fix this?

Brilliant emulator by the way :)
I downloaded v0.9.8-1069-gc9261b7 yesterday and the shadows in it are black.

Aeana

Hmm it appears both my Logitech gamepad and my PS3 controller do not work with PPSSPP. Any workarounds?
Yesterday I thought my controller wasn't working. I opened up the USB game controllers thing in the Windows control panel and I had two controllers listed there, even though one wasn't connected. It seems that PPSSPP only sees the first one in the list, so if the one you're currently using isn't first then it won't see it.

I just downloaded v0.9.8-1088-ga31194a and the shadows are in white (I haven't touched any of the settings... yet)

What should I do to try and fix this?

Brilliant emulator by the way :)

It should be black by default, no tweaking necessary.

Some system specs would help us get to the bottom of the issue.

Could be a driver issue.

Yesterday I thought my controller wasn't working. I opened up the USB game controllers thing in the Windows control panel and I had two controllers listed there, even though one wasn't connected. It seems that PPSSPP only sees the first one in the list, so if the one you're currently using isn't first then it won't see it.

I'm on a mac using PPSSPP via wineskin.

Edit: Closing the program, plugging in the controller, then re-opening the program did the trick.

It should be black by default, no tweaking necessary.

Some system specs would help us get to the bottom of the issue.

Could be a driver issue.

Yeah, I've tried the game now and the shadows are black. ;)

BTW What does the "Simulate Block Transfer" do? I haven't seen it before in PPSSPP and I don't know if I should let it checked or not.

Also I usually uncheck Fast Memory, Multithreaded, Mipmapping and Vertex Cache, should I continue to do it? any help will be appreciated

Anyway, sorry for the little off-topic.

Yeah, I've tried the game now and the shadows are black. ;)

BTW What does the "Simulate Block Transfer" do? I haven't seen it before in PPSSPP and I don't know if I should let it checked or not.

Also I usually uncheck Fast Memory, Multithreaded, Mipmapping and Vertex Cache, should I continue to do it? any help will be appreciated

Anyway, sorry for the little off-topic.

"Simulate Block Transfer" (which is now enabled by default in the latest dev builds) is a technique used to properly emulate certain functionality present in some games. It was developed as a lightweight alternative to the performance crushing "Read Framebuffers to Memory" rendering modes, but still incurs a minor performance penalty as compared to plain ol' buffered rendering.

Examples of games that require this option enabled include The 3rd Birthday (missing text/dialogue boxes), Ys Seven (minimap functionality) and Soul Calibur (Screenshot taking functionality during custom character creation mode). Previously, those games required one of the two "Read Framebuffers to Memory" modes in order to be emulated accurately.

Fast Memory can be enabled globally now but it's mainly a performance booster. If you have a decent rig you can keep it off. Same applies to Multithreaded, Mipmapping and Vertex Cache. I actually recommend keeping them all off if performance is not an issue for you.

Blood Boal, we can continue the discussion in the PPSSPP OT if you wish, we rapidly heading offtopic here lol.

"Simulate Block Transfer" (which is now enabled by default in the latest dev builds) is a technique used to properly emulate certain functionality present in some games. It was developed as a lightweight alternative to the performance crushing "Read Framebuffers to Memory" rendering modes, but still incurs a minor performance penalty as compared to plain ol' buffered rendering.

Examples of games that require this option enabled include The 3rd Birthday (missing text/dialogue boxes), Ys Seven (minimap functionality) and Soul Calibur (Screenshot taking functionality during custom character creation mode). Previously, those goes games required one of the two "Read Framebuffers to Memory" modes if order to be emulated accurately.

Fast Memory can be enabled globally now but it's mainly a performance booster. If you have a decent rig you can keep it off. Same applies to Multithreaded, Mipmapping and Vertex Cache. I actually recommend keeping them all off if performance is not an issue for you.

Blood Boal, we can continue the discussion in the PPSSPP OT if you wish, we rapidly heading offtopic here lol.

Wow, Thanks for the detailed reply.
But you are right, this is not the thread for this questions. ;D

swit

after reading the UMD merging tutorial I'm kind of confused. If I understand correctly it only needs 1 umd ripped in PSP and all the missing stuff from the second disc are in the 1,5 GB uploaded package? If this is indeed correct than why the package is uploaded just like that, if it contains copyrighted data?
edit: I found the answear in the comments. Only one disc is needed and they've decided to use the separate package to reduce the time needed for translators and strip all the excessive data.

Top Bottom