• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth | Review Thread

Toots

Gold Member
I said in the demo thread this game feels like discovering something you're already familiar with. They did the impossible, they remade FF7 while making it a new game.

This plus Tifa's knockers is easily 98/99 metacritic, if there's still any shred of respectability in today's journalism.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
"Due to cultural sensitivities, some content in Final Fanatasy VII Rebirth is only available in Japan"
I heard in the English version, Tifa will break the 4th wall and scold the player if you try to position the camera behind her ass.

(Just reporting this secondhand, I can’t imagine why anybody would ever attempt such a thing, I feel so dirty just thinking about it)

Those who predicted 85 or lower....

star wars GIF

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Fuck man I really wasnt expecting to get pushed over the edge this quick. Ive been relatively blind on the whole thing.

Looks like a day one. Fuck me and my wallet. Im in the middle of Banishers too. FUCK.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

After reading the verdict section of Gamespot's review, I am very disappointed. I know they fucked up the narrative completely and we're heading into Kingdom Hearts territory of insanity and crazy that just doesn't make sense. Basically doubling down on the compilation stuff.

Otherwise game looks great.

GG8o_aeaQAASlhU

Square now have an excellent template going forward for AAA game design and dev. Rebirth looks to be setting a new standard for them on both fronts.
This right here is why Crunch is Fucking Stupid and counter productive.

If you crunch too hard senior members leave and your stuck trying to replace them and spend time training new members of staff.🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: Isa

foamdino

Damned shame Sony has no good bangers this year™
It's almost as if Sony has a calendar with actual dates and everything and...they can see that they need to leave room for 2nd/3rd-party partners to release games and give them breathing room.

So all the "panic" last year about "Sony has no first-party games"...

There's no need to announce a whole bunch of games early and start hyping stuff up when there's already games planned to release.

We're looking at Gran Blu Fantasy Relink, Helldivers 2, FFVII Rebirth, Rise of Ronin in short order - adding any more would have inevitably cannibalised sales.

If there's still nothing announced from first party studios by late summer, I'll start to be a little concerned as that may lead to a gap, however at the moment there are too many good games to keep up with.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Damn really nice scores.

If it manages to holds up higher than 91 I'll be surprised to be honest.

Time to speed up a bit on Infinite Wealth.

kiryu-yakuza.gif

Reactions: Isa

TheAssist

Wait, how is no one complaining about the textures in these reviews? Do they not see that stuff like this is essential for the enjoyment of an interactive medium? Not all this worldbuilding, character moments, gameplay and story driven bullshit they are yapping on about??? Curses!

Top Bottom