• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VIII was released 15 years ago

YaGaMi

Wow I feel old. Played it when I was 16. The intro was amazing and I used to watch it over and over again.

I've got a Vita but I don't know if I'll ever play it again.

jimmypython

I got really frustrated by the junction system first time playing it when I was around 15..gave it an other try 2 years ago and it was a blast!

really loved game and believe it or not i liked the story....

it would be perfect if they did a FF6 or Chrono Trigger
for the future world

and the game would totally get a sequel if it was out these days

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The textures may not look up to date but are far from being the main problem imo. Just rendering the scenes at higher resolutions would help significantly.

You can't (well, shouldn't) increase the geometric component of the backgrounds without sufficient texture data as they'll just stretch to accommodate... but this topic is moot because we don't know what the bottleneck is. I was just making the point that, since the games were chiefly designed for the PSX, the visual assets likely would have been made with the system's limitations in mind, consequently ruling out a quick-and-easy way to create HD-friendly backgrounds.

Top Bottom