• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Free Login Campaign (12.1.2015 - 12.31.2015)

Sandfox

That's how a lot of people play, and actually how I played until I stupidly committed myself to a raid group before realizing the raiding is garbage.

The raiding isn't that bad except for that the fact that its too hard for a lot of the players IMO, but the majority of the people playing this game seem to be casuals so they probably aren't going to try that content unless its extremely easy.

I'll definitely jump back in. I've been itching to play a Monk in a video game and I never got around to trying that job out.

Also, Samurai class when?

Well yeah, that's like the last remnants of population along with Balmung and Chocobo.

You guys took like 80% of the Ultros endgame population that could play.
gilgamesh is the or one of the most active servers?

(i rolled there at release because i liked the name haha i was thinking galka samurai a la a hellsguard-looking gilgamesh at the time)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
In the short time that I was on today I learned a few things.

1. They're giving away zodiac weapons now. That's 3 months of my life I'm never getting back.

2. My friends who have been playing Heavensward all have roughly double the HP of my i130 jobs.

3. None of the assholes in my FC has been feeding my chocobo.

Wazzy

Banned
At least they made leveling alts a breeze now. That dreaded 57-59 grind is nothing now.

1. They're giving away zodiac weapons now. That's 3 months of my life I'm never getting back.

2. My friends who have been playing Heavensward all have roughly double the HP of my i130 jobs.

Giving away? Isn't it just easier to acquire?

Ken

Giving away? Isn't it just easier to acquire?

I think he's using hyperbole. But yeah, it's significantly easier to complete a zeta now. You can get your 75 Alexandrites in an hour or two. Stats don't matter so you can load in junk materia. Light values for soul glazing is 8x from their original values. Dungeon drops are guaranteed. Also, you gain credit doing things unsynced so you can rush through dungeons as a level 60.

Months of work got compressed so you could easily complete it in a week now.

JSoup

Banned
Months of work got compressed so you could easily complete it in a week now.

Was wondering about that. Just doing the event FATES, I got two atma and was very confused, because I remember people complaining that the drop rate was something like -90%.

Arkeband

Banned
Was wondering about that. Just doing the event FATES, I got two atma and was very confused, because I remember people complaining that the drop rate was something like -90%.

Atma wasn't even the worst grind. Remember the dungeon items? I did like ~120 dungeon runs and I was lucky, I know people who did over 300 or gave up in their 200's.

Those are guaranteed drops now.

Edit: ah I see that was pointed out. Still, that was the worst one by far. I never realistically expected them to keep zodiacs at a static difficulty, but when you initially ask for months of investment, it stings when this moment comes.

Demoskinos

Got super burned out trying to grind to 60. But I'll log in and try to finish it up.

I love XIV but the amount of time and effort it takes to get from 50 to 60 is just ridiculous.

They have since alleviated that. Dungeons give more XP now. Should only take like 2-3 runs +roulette XP to gain a level now.

Mokujin

Would have loved to go back this Xmas, but seeing as I wont have much free time, those 4 days seems like a nice present to me :)

I was able to get the 4 free days but I can't select my character because the game says I need to download Heavensward which is strange because it's already installed in my PS4.

Shahed

I started playing during 2.3. I saw the requirements for Zodiac weapons and decided there and then I wasn't going to bother. Instead of grinding and farming my life away, I just got my Soldiery weapon after getting a UAT from Syrcus Tower and then later High Allagan. I stopped at Zenith and never even tried for a single Atma.

There won't be a significant update to the game before this promotion runs out, since it ends at this month. 3.15 hits this month and they'll introduce the new relic and the Saint Endalim Scholasticate questline, but I think that's it. But you wouldn't be able to claim the free login for 3.2, since it'll have expired.
I know, it'll be months but I'd rather wait for some content to build up.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Complaints about BRD and MCH mobility are overstated. You aren‘t rooted in place as much as a BLM since you have a free second every GCD and procs don't incur cast times which means MCH is guaranteed a buttload of movement time every time Ammunition is on.

TalonJH

I see. So that just kinda confirms my suspicion. They are totally looking for new players, like, badly need them.
I wonder if the game will do better with buy to play model. The game already has quite a robust cash shop anyway.

The cash shop is basically just stuff from pass in-game events for users that missed them. Nothing that you would actually use for anything. Just glamour items if you missed them from not playing while the events were running from the last year. I sometimes wish there was actually more to buy.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Complaints about BRD and MCH mobility are overstated. You aren‘t rooted in place as much as a BLM since you have a free second every GCD and procs don't incur cast times which means MCH is guaranteed a buttload of movement time every time Ammunition is on.
Speaking as someone who mains a Bard I can tell you that from my perspective the issue Bards have with Wanderer's Minuet is simply because of the sudden style change in gameplay after having freedom of movement for over 22 months and because quite simply if someone wanted to play like a Black Mage they would have picked up a Black Mage instead.

I was able to adapt to Wanderer's Minuet (although I didn't do it without kicking and screaming about how much I dislike Wanderer's Minuet) and the Bard Job is still my main Job but my biggest issue with the Bard Skills in 3.0 is Warden's Paean because of how completely useless it is.While playing solo that ability will never be essential and while playing in a 4/8/24 man Dungeon there's always going to be a Healer(s) with Esuna or Exalted Detriment so for a Lv.58 Skill it's a complete let down and not amount of adaption or adjustment of my part will change how bad Warden's Paean is.

TalonJH

1. Lol, pretty much. It was sad to put my Zodiac weapons away once they were obsolete. The new animus weps are coming soon and you get to skip some progress if you have a zodiac.

3. Poor bird living in it's own filth.

Question. I want to start playing again but forgot my square Enix pw. The email I used is an old account and I no longer have access to it for pw reset, what do I do?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking as someone who mains a Bard I can tell you that from my perspective the issue Bards have with Wanderer's Minuet is simply because of the sudden style change in gameplay after having freedom of movement for over 22 months and because quite simply if someone wanted to play like a Black Mage they would have picked up a Black Mage instead.

I was able to adapt to Wanderer's Minuet (although I didn't do it without kicking and screaming about how much I dislike Wanderer's Minuet) and the Bard Job is still my main Job but my biggest issue with the Bard Skills in 3.0 is Warden's Paean because of how completely useless it is.While playing solo that ability will never be essential and while playing in a 4/8/24 man Dungeon there's always going to be a Healer(s) with Esuna or Exalted Detriment so for a Lv.58 Skill it's a complete let down and not amount of adaption or adjustment of my part will change how bad Warden's Paean is.

amen.

TalonJH

Question. I want to start playing again but forgot my square Enix pw. The email I used is an old account and I no longer have access to it for pw reset, what do I do?

Just contact support. You should be able to work it out with other information such as the CC you used and etc.

Dunkley

gilgamesh is the or one of the most active servers?

(i rolled there at release because i liked the name haha i was thinking galka samurai a la a hellsguard-looking gilgamesh at the time)

Balmung is definitely the most active server from what I heard and seen.

So I haven't played in a year. Back then I had recently hit 50 with my Bard and was working on my relic bow along with doing the Hildebrand quests. What's the current path for me when I return to the game?

I don't own HW yet.

IMBored

So I haven't played in a year. Back then I had recently hit 50 with my Bard and was working on my relic bow along with doing the Hildebrand quests. What's the current path for me when I return to the game?

I don't own HW yet.

Do all the original story (the lv50 quests that weren't available when you quit) until you can enter HW, then buy it. Forget relic bow, you can get better weapons with gil or some quick dungeons.

TalonJH

Do all the original story (the lv50 quests that weren't available when you quit) until you can enter HW, then buy it. Forget relic bow, you can get better weapons with gil or some quick dungeons.

I don't own HW yet.

I agree with IMBored. Depending on when you left, you missed a lot of new main story quest. HW doesn't get you anything til then so hold off.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
3. Poor bird living in it's own filth.

2 = the number of magic brooms I needed to clean out the god damn sty of shit he was wallowing in.

I'm actually legit mad.

TalonJH

2 = the number of magic brooms I needed to clean out the god damn sty of shit he was wallowing in.

I'm actually legit mad.

I feel you. I filled our garden up with krakka root plants and watered and fertilized it up til what should had been it's last day before harvest. Couldn't log in one day...all 8 plants dead because no one else watered them. I was growing them to feed everyone's gd bird.

Sciel

Logged in yesterday....then logged off two hours later remembering exactly why i stopped playing prior to 3.1.

The content in HWS just isn't engaging. It threads the exact same formulas as 2.x (and in some aspects is even worse).

hamchan

Maybe you could subscribe for the patch months, and just unsub when you finish? Would be better than a recurring sub if you don't play as long as others.

This is the way to go. Heavensward was an amazing expansion but they haven't followed it up with content fast enough. I see no reason to stay subbed in the long periods where they aren't releasing new things.

Mariip

Does anyone here can tell me if your status in mogstation changes during the campaign?
I've managed to activate the game now on my ps4 and i don't know if that first time login counts as the client login :/(it wasn't exactly the patch window y'know? :/)

JSoup

Banned
Does anyone here can tell me if your status in mogstation changes during the campaign?
I've managed to activate the game now on my ps4 and i don't know if that first time login counts as the client login :/(it wasn't exactly the patch window y'know? :/)

Your first time login is when you're on the title screen and click "start game" or whatever it says.

JSoup

Banned
Was hoping to finish off the rest of the pre-3.0 story so I could jump right into the new stuff if the expansion was on Steam Winter Sale in a few days. Got all the way through everything, only for my time to run out in the middle of the credits. >_<

Top Bottom