• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - First Expansion, Spring 2015

Noi

B0PqJEFCIAASRDV.jpg

Just revealed at fan fest with a trailer. Spring 2015.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68CNzwinqlg

This was the main focus of the info announced thus far:

- Ishgard. focus on Dragoons vs Dragons. (Knights of the round hinted as well)
- Level cap of all classes to 60.
- New areas. (Apparently very large compared to current size.)
- New race - Viangaa? (NOPE it is not) The yet to be announced race will have two genders.
- New job(s).
- New Primals. (Some all new to XIV)
- New Dungeons + High-End Raids.
- Airships Galore? (FC can build airships and more)
- New Gear and Recipes.
- and more to come.

Spring 2015.

Ishgard art style is focused on a more dark mature look.
One new area is called The Dravanian Forelands.
Floating islands in the sky can be visited. They wonder how.
Chocobo Forests are in.
New beast tribe dailies in the new areas.
Special Odin battle for fanfest, it is not exclusive to fanfest forever though.

More to come at London Fanfest. Focus will be on new jobs. Oct 25th.

I'm guessing they mean it in the sense of towards heaven, but there are places called wards in the game too, so could be either.

Either way, the writing/translation in this game is absolutely first class, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Zareka

what's with final fantasy and terrible names

Excited for this expansion though. As soon as SE stop error 406ing me, I mean.

Cool beans.

This game delivers when you avoid the endgame grind and just play through the awesome dungeons and story content for the first time blind.

Expansion is perfect for this.

Anyone know if Yoshida designed that logo? The dragon looks very much like his style.

Amano did the logo, I believe.

Haven't kept up with the game since I stopped playing, are any specifics known about the expansion?

Level cap increase, new race, new jobs, new areas, airships, new primals (one original), etc. They're still 20 minutes into an hour-long presentation, but those are the big points.

Rising_Hei

I'm pretty dissapointed, the list of new content is what we would get with the 2.7 without an expansion, and the really cool stuff about the expansion will come months and months later with the 3.0

And not scrapping PS3 and crappy PCs won't let them do many technical stuff.

Edit: it's not sward, it's ward

HEAVENSWARDS = Heaven's Ward

Anno

Nice. I can't get into this game to save my life but I'm glad that it's resurrection continues and so many people like it.

DieH@rd

Banned
What's a sward?

northward
/ˈnɔːθwəd/
adjective
adjective: northward
lying towards, near, or facing the north.
"the current that runs northward up this coastline"

adverb
adverb: northward; adverb: northwards
towards the north.

noun
noun: northward
the direction or region to the north.
"a foray to the northward"

Its a nice twist on the "northward" or "southward". This time, something is faced/pointed toward Heaven.

Rurunaki

Knocking on Heavensward.

I want to see the new classes (musketeer being a given). I wonder how big this expansion is gonna be.

duckroll

Their reasoning is that Eorzea has multiple heavens, hence the pluralization.

That's nonsense because that's not how language works. There being multiple heavens is irrelevant because you can only go towards one general location at a time. There are cities all over the world, but the word is still cityward, not citiesward. :p

That's nonsense because that's not how language works. There being multiple heavens is irrelevant because you can only go towards one general location at a time. There are cities all over the world, but the word is still cityward, not citiesward. :p

Nonsense or not, that's what they said.

studyguy

They won't let the joke go until they actually release a troll race.

They still haven't shown what the actual new race looks like, damnit all.
Next week for London fanfest is too long. I want to see my lizard people.

Tomodachi

What's wrong with "towards the heavens", considering "heavens" is a totally viable alternative to "heaven"? :/

Heavensward is practically mundane compared to some of SE's other game titles.

I know it was just a joke, but I'd actually be superstoked for Bangaa. I hope I can still use my fantasia potion for the xpac race.

Top Bottom