• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - First Expansion, Spring 2015

Aeana

I wonder if they will take this opportunity to cut off PS3 support.

I remember they spoke about it previously.
Back then, they said that maybe by the second expansion they would be able to cut out PS3. I don't expect it for this first one at all.

Wow I wasn't expecting it so soon. Stark difference compared to Blizzard which announced WoD over a year ago...

Can't wait to see what new classes and content they add!

There's a reptilian race coming, but we don't know what they look like at all aside from their tails as of yet.

Please be Bangaa. And wow at a new race, they never did this with FFXI.

EDIT: After looking at the picture the ears don't quite make sense with Bangaa, they're not as floppy looking. But the size does, so perhaps some similar version of them?

RK9039

Hang on, the Warrior in the trailer took his gear off and wore Dragoon armour? they want me to stop playing Warrior?

Jeels

Hey everyone, I have an interview with Yoshida tomorrow. If you have any potential questions you'd like answered, please send me a private message.

If i travel to a new area, they better make sure that eorza is finally safe and i don't think the scions are capable of defending it without me

Explain yourself FF14 team !
It'snot like you have to deal with Omega, the merchants of uldah , the lack of ressources of lumsa lominsa or the sheer incompetence of gridania

/s

DarkKyo

New stuff looks cool, but I really only care about new jobs, I guess?

I don't understand this logic. What is there to do with jobs/new jobs if not to use them to experience all of the rest of the game? You just want to activate a job and idle in town?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Would liked to have seen Ishgard in 1.x since it will probably be broken down into zones in ARR. ):

Ravidrath

Hey everyone, I have an interview with Yoshida tomorrow. If you have any potential questions you'd like answered, please send me a private message.

Sent you some good ones, I think.

I don't understand this logic. What is there to do with jobs/new jobs if not to use them to experience all of the rest of the game? You just want to activate a job and idle in town?

I'm happy about new areas, but I want to know what gameplay / mechanics I'll be using in them.

Ultimately the minute-to-minute gameplay is what keeps me playing, and not the environmental design.

Not sure I like the Dragoon AF2 based on the rendered version, but I'll wait to see the full thing in-game to be sure. Also, pretty sure Warriors can kill dragons SE. XD

Glad Ishgard will (frickin' finally) be accessible.

Teknoman

Tigger is right, and I'm hyped for seeing if they will pull a dalamud type event with a huge dragon war leading up to the launch date. Large and detailed areas sound great since these should be fully original and not tied to old area conventions.

Also Dark Knight better be great sword, not some lame scythe. Save that for necromancer or Lichmage or something.

Guess a lot of new people will be Gathering Against Fate.

TheTux

Maybe I'll try that out.

Good job to Yoshi-P and his team :).

Edit: By the way is that CGI trailer a teaser like the "End of an era" one? I mean is it just a part of a full trailer like "End of an era" -> "A new beginning"? Are they going to release a longer new CGI trailer?

Teremap

Banned
I'm pretty dissapointed, the list of new content is what we would get with the 2.7 without an expansion, and the really cool stuff about the expansion will come months and months later with the 3.0

And not scrapping PS3 and crappy PCs won't let them do many technical stuff.

[...]
Edit: Misread it. There is a lot of stuff being described for inclusion in the expansion, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more stuff show up in the next couple of Fan Fests. We're getting, what, a year's worth of patches in terms of content in a single go? I think that's pretty good.

I do agree that they should be dropping PS3 support sooner, but unfortunately PS4 adoption in Japan is quite slow so it doesn't currently make enough business sense for them to do so. Fingers crossed they do so for the second expansion.

Zetta

Tigger is right, and I'm hyped for seeing if they will pull a dalamud type event with a huge dragon war leading up to the launch date. Large and detailed areas sound great since these should be fully original and not tied to old area conventions.

Also Dark Knight better be great sword, not some lame scythe. Save that for necromancer or Lichmage or something.

Guess a lot of new people will be Gathering Against Fate.

Give Drk scythe and give GS to something else. I miss FFXI DRK for its scythe and can always give GS to Rune Fencer if its ever brought over here. Also found it cool how the War just changed jobs lol, now we know what happen when we change in game.

Animekatt

I really like the new logo and the new areas so far. Since NA=new location, EU=new jobs, maybe JP=new race?

Reeeeeally hope RDM will be in.

SkyOdin

Give Drk scythe and give GS to something else. I miss FFXI DRK for its scythe and can always give GS to Rune Fencer if its ever brought over here. Also found it cool how the War just changed jobs lol, now we know what happen when we change in game.

I'm actually expecting Dark Knight to be a new Marauder job, with a scythe for their Relic weapon (or equivalent). If you mix Lancer and Maruader abilities, you get a lot of the flavor of the Dark Knight already. There are already some pretty scythe-like axes, like the Darklight Bill.

Of course I might be completely wrong.

Kemal86

I hope we get some of the more esoteric classes that FF11 got in its later (recent) years, like Corsair/Geomancer/Rune Fencer/Dancer.

Zetta

In one week we find out the new jobs, unless someone lets it slip. New areas look really cool and yeah Skyodin I'm expecting DRK to be something along the lines of Marauder with drg abilities but as a tank. Also did any FFXI players see the trailer to 2.4, if I'm not mistaken the Odin body and Salvage set was shown.

DJIzana

I can't help but wonder if the gun class they plan on adding, if it's a mechanist. They added the mechanist in FF Explorers recently. Would be cool especially considering it was one of the more interesting jobs in terms of mechanics and lore in FF Tactics as well.

DarkKyo

I hope we get some of the more esoteric classes that FF11 got in its later (recent) years, like Corsair/Geomancer/Rune Fencer/Dancer.

Ouz7KIP.jpg

The best weird ass class in 11.

danthefan

Stopped playing once I hit the end-game grind (which I have no interest in), will probably go back when this comes out to experience the new areas/classes/etc.

Top Bottom