• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae |OT| Brought to you by Coleman™

Koozek

Oh yeah, I remember listening to the first one. Her husband worked on Bloodborne, right? I'll totally listen to it later. Thanks!

Yup, Eduardo. He's on this one again, too. I don't think there's much about FFXV, but well, maybe someone is still interested in listening to foreigners talking about their working experience in Japanese game studios and other random, fun stories (like the trouble they had to go through trying to find an emergency doctor for a head concussion at midnight).

Pachimari

Just got this for my birthday and this game's visuals are breathtaking. Like seriously.

So far I like the mechanics but I need to learn the combat system more, and I'm not too fond of all of the running. It actually feels sluggish at times because of the camera and controls. Were also disappointed I couldn't ride a chocobo.

Anyway, it oozes of great atmosphere and love it for that. Can't wait to take on more quests and hopefully the full product turns out well.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I finally got to play the DEMO even if a bit late. Things I would like to see better developed in the final game:

1) level design in the dungeons. For now is as flat as possible. Boring to traverse and boring to look at. Cavern and foggy forest are the most forgettable enviroments I explored in a FF in a long time

2) interactions among party members and/or random NPCs. Without much conversations happening it felt a bit empty playing in this region and meeting these characters.

3) Framerate, obviously.

4) 1080p.

5) I'll play it again but I'm not convinced on the battle system yet. It looks like enemies play the game as if it's a full action game and you, the gamer, are instead stuck with dumb rules.

6) Camera during battles

I finally got to play the DEMO even if a bit late. Things I would like to see better developed in the final game:

1) level design in the dungeons. For now is as flat as possible. Boring to traverse and boring to look at. Cavern and foggy forest are the most forgettable enviroments I explored in a FF in a long time

2) interactions among party members and/or random NPCs. Without much conversations happening it felt a bit empty playing in this region and meeting these characters.

3) Framerate, obviously.

4) 1080p.

5) I'll play it again but I'm not convinced on the battle system yet. It looks like enemies play the game as if it's a full action game and you, the gamer, are instead stuck with dumb rules.

6) Camera during battles

I more or less agree with your other points but I really dug the cave design. The geometry, textures and lighting - it's the first time in a game I've explored a cave that actually felt like real caves I've been in (excepting the bloodthirsty goblins of course).

raven777

Played a bit of the demo again since last month. I have been playing Bloodborne and getting back to Episode Duscae was tough. The character feels really unresponsive, which didn't bother me as much when I played it the first time.

Interested in next week's ATR to see what they are doing going forward.

Philippo

Played a bit of the demo again since last month. I have been playing Bloodborne and getting back to Episode Duscae was tough. The character feels really unresponsive, which didn't bother me as much when I played it the first time.

What? There's a new ATR coming next week? And they're going to talk about the game? Dayum.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest

Ahah I was in the same situation. Returning to it after BLOODBORNE is not really helping my impressions. God that game's BS is just perfection made battle. Love it! I would pay gold for another action jrpg so polished as that... possibly called FF :(

Well yes, the BS sounds weak in FFXV for now. But they have all the time to polish it a bit more. Changing enemy patterns, camera and targetting could start to help!

KupoNut

I more or less agree with your other points but I really dug the cave design. The geometry, textures and lighting - it's the first time in a game I've explored a cave that actually felt like real caves I've been in (excepting the bloodthirsty goblins of course).

I agree, the design was mostly linear but it just felt real because of the flashlights, short field of view, shivering animations, echo, and zoomed in camera. Loved having a constant sense of being on my toes and diving deeper into an unexplored dark cave. For some reason I also really loved the rock/cave wall textures, but that might just me.

Szadek

I played the demo and I didn't like it.
The combat is so boring.Hold square to attack,hold l1 for god mode when the enmies attack ,maybe cast a spell every now and then.

A good boss fight could have changed my mind,but the fight is either almost unwinnable or you kill the boss in 1 shot.
Either way it's not fun.

I thought it was confirmed? I read reports say Mid to late May is the target.

Not confirmed. They were trying to get the patch out, but if they couldn't, then the updated demo would be playable at gaming events.

The only thing confirmed in the last ATR is that they'll do more ATRs.

sensui-tomo

Can you imagine the shitstorm if one platform OKs the patch and the other doesn't :V

if its who i think would do that, it'd be full of people who never even bought ff type 0 on that platform.
And we'd still have pages upon pages of people mad at costume design and nothing being talked about gameplay mechanics.

Xenus

if its who i think would do that, it'd be full of people who never even bought ff type 0 on that platform.
And we'd still have pages upon pages of people mad at costume design and nothing being talked about gameplay mechanics.

SE then would totally cancel the game on at platform out of spite and the internet would not care....

Koozek

ver. 2.00 first half of June confirmed
Huh, really? Sources? Can't wait to play the demo the first time with the updated version. I originally didn't want to try it at all, but after watching so many hours of streams of it I basically know everything anyway. Or who knows, maybe I'll just let my buddy play and I'll watch.

i-Jest

I have a question. I've got an unused demo code that came with my purchase of Type-Zero Day One Edition. I'll redeem the code eventually but something bothers me. I want to increase my HD size but if I redeem the code now will I be able to transfer the demo onto the new drive?

Koozek

I have a question. I've got an unused demo code that came with my purchase of Type-Zero Day One Edition. I'll redeem the code eventually but something bothers me. I want to increase my HD size but if I redeem the code now will I be able to transfer the demo onto the new drive?
You should be able to just redownload the demo from the store like any other digital download. Though I don't know if the expiration date of March 2016 is only for redeeming unused codes or also for redownloading the demo.

Audioboxer

Damn I got hooked on Triple Triad the last few days and levelling has suffered lol. Only at 27. Just done the main quest in that fairy place where they make you dance nonstop. Whoever made that quest line is a bastard!

Need to hit 30 to accept a quest from gegeruju so I can challenge him for cards. You need to be 30 to accept a 30 quest, right? Unsure if I can accept it at 29 or something?

Managed to win 10,000 on mini cactpot which helped buy some gold card packs.

Damn I got hooked on Triple Triad the last few days and levelling has suffered lol. Only at 27. Just done the main quest in that fairy place where they make you dance nonstop. Whoever made that quest line is a bastard!

Need to hit 30 to accept a quest from gegeruju so I can challenge him for cards. You need to be 30 to accept a 30 quest, right? Unsure if I can accept it at 29 or something?

Managed to win 10,000 on mini cactpot which helped buy some gold card packs.

tell me more, I need to play your version of FFXV EP.

i-Jest

You should be able to just redownload the demo from the store like any other digital download. Though I don't know if the expiration date of March 2016 is only for redeeming unused codes or also for redownloading the demo.

Not from what I've read. Once you delete the demo it's gone. You can't re-download it.

i-Jest

That has to be bullshit. You can always redownload everything from PSN except for P.T.

I don't know why that is. This is what all the news articles I've read post release, or leading up to it, were saying. I do know you can't gameshare it. I don't know why they chose to make it a one time download apart of its parameter.

Anyone want to confirm?

I don't know why that is. I do know you can't gameshare it. I don't know why they chose to make it a one time download apart of its parameter.

Anyone want to confirm?

I once downloaded the demo using my account in a friend's PS4. So you probably can redownload the demo.

Koozek

LOL yea exactly.. and I swear if they show even one second of Puscae region that was part of the demo.. I.. I..
they will, right?

Well, there's still ~9/10th of Duscae waiting for us to see it :p
Seriously, though, I really hope we won't see Duscae again, except for if they decide to show off a bit more of the encounter with Titan there.

Well, there's still ~9/10th of Duscae waiting for us to see it :p
Seriously, though, I really hope we won't see Duscae again, except for if they decide to show off a bit more of the encounter with Titan there.
Duscae is nice and beautiful, I really enjoyed that region in the demo but it is time to show something new.. especially if they want to go full steam promotion wise at gamescom. And it would be nice to have some parts and secrets of Duscae to explore in the final game.

Koozek

Duscae is nice and beautiful, I really enjoyed that region in the demo but it is time to show something new.. especially if they want to go full steam promotion wise at gamescom. And it would be nice to have some parts and secrets of Duscae to explore in the final game.

Yeah, no, it does look nice (especially the part around the Astral Shard which you can glitch to) but I just want to see what else there is after nearly a year of only seeing one area (~10 months since the TGS trailer in October last year!).

Btw, I was on a hiking trip in South Germany last weekend and there was an awesome area with a lot of big rocks that we amateurishly free-climbed and which reminded me so much of the ones in Duscae :D

funny you mention that because sometimes when I look up to the sky at sunset or a clear blue sky I got reminded of FFXV.. the game perfectly imitates a natural sky.

Yeah, no, it does look nice (especially the part around the Astral Shard which you can glitch to) but I just want to see what else there is after nearly a year of only seeing one area (~10 months since the TGS trailer in October last year!).

Btw, I was on a hiking trip in South Germany last weekend and there was an awesome area with a lot of big rocks that we amateurishly free-climbed and which reminded me so much of the ones in Duscae :D

I hope they add in some free-running elements in the final game. Vaulting over fences and climbing up rocks would feel more natural than just jumping over them.

Top Bottom