• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Hands-On Demo (Chapter 0-3) Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cp_AC_IXgAAikge.jpg

Press has played the game from Chapter 0 to 3. This thread will cover the previews from the press and their impressions of the demo. Spoilers obviously.

Most games trapped in development hell for years end up being terrible – just ask Duke Nukem. Yet from its two demos (Episode Duscae and Platinum), Final Fantasy XV seems reassuringly... well, good.

Thankfully, those weren't flukes. WIRED has now played through the first three chapters of the game on a preview build, and it's shaping up to be a deep and absorbing entry in the RPG series – but also one of its most divergent.
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/final-fantasy-xv-three-chapters-hands-on

I came out of my hands-on more excited about Final Fantasy 15 than I’ve ever been. I also came out of it more curious. This is a strange and bold game with brilliant ideas in places and big ambitions. Whatever you make of its protracted development it’s plain Square Enix has thrown all they have at this.

That background feels like Final Fantasy 7 and the arguably equally ambitious Final Fantasy 13. The main question now is — which way will it go? Square Enix has until November to determine that, but this build is a solid starting point. You got me, Square – I’m interested again.
http://www.vg247.com/2016/08/16/fin...nderful-and-definitely-in-need-of-that-delay/

It’s a fascinating little statement, at once an admission that this royal line of RPGs has started to suffer from a little too much aristocratic inbreeding (you need only look at the withered disc-children of the misguided Fabula Nova Crystalis saga to see the effects), and a “come at me, bro” throwdown. It’s a game aiming to be something to everyone - enough Final Fantasy to appease fans (say: me, Joe Skrebels), and enough something quite different to intrigue the chronically uninterested (say: him, Daniel Krupa).

So let’s put it to the test. At a recent hands-on, Daniel and I played the first four hours of the game, meeting the displaced Prince Noctis and his retinue of anime-handsome friends, then spinning their beautiful car’s tyres over a good chunk of the game’s world.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08...-fan-and-a-first-timer-play-the-first-4-hours

We've played the first 3-hours of Final Fantasy XV! Check out this brand new PS4 gameplay while Hollie chats with Rob about 7 things we learned during our hands-on. This video contains no story spoilers.
PlayStation Access Preview

Videogamer: Final Fantasy is dead; long live Final Fantasy XV

IBT: Final Fantasy 15 preview: Gourmet food, Stand By Me and 'bromances' in Square Enix's epic RPG

The Sixth Axis: Why I’m Falling In Love With Final Fantasy XV’s Madness

God is a Geek: Final Fantasy XV feels like a good compromise for an impossible task

Ars Technica: Final Fantasy 15 hands-on: Brave new direction or just pandering to fans?

In case you missed it, there is also a 50 minutes of gameplay video from the first 3 chapters.

I cant wait to play this game and everyone is wrong imo, and my opinion is absolute
call me brain washed this will be the best game since dragons dogma.
Don't quote me or try to change my mind, I've made up my mind solely based on the duscae demo.

Ishida

Banned
Oooh, beautiful! At least some fresh air from GAF's negativity.

I really hope the game delivers in the end! Almost there!

But Neogaf told me it was thrash...

They should not be ashamed to delay it to 2017 tho.

Insert Miyamoto quote here
Naysayers are very outspoken, don't let them cloud the perception. Obviously a highly anticipated and sought after title, Cindi Mayweather be damned

Boke1879

But Neogaf told me it was thrash...

They should not be ashamed to delay it to 2017 tho.

Insert Miyamoto quote here

I'm for a delay into 2017 simply because releasing it on Nov. 29th is just a crowded time and you feel most people will be neck deep in COD, Gears, BF1, TF2, etc.

Falk

that puzzling face
Naysayers are very outspoken, don't let them cloud the perception. Obviously a highly anticipated and sought after title, Cindi Mayweather be damned

Oooh, beautiful! At least some fresh air from GAF's negativity.

Can you guys knock it off. You're kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy by baiting responses. Opinions are opinions, and GAF actually isn't a hive mind.

Squire

Banned
50 minutes of footage was trash. Curious to see other previews. I'll be surprised if everyone is positive. Game just looks like an unfun drag.

hampig

Tried the prior demos and was absolutely disappointed. This gives me some hope though, I'll be getting it either way but I'd like to be impressed.

ViciousDS

Banned
Can you guys knock it off. You're kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy by baiting responses. Opinions are opinions, and GAF actually isn't a hive mind.

Was going to say the original 50 minute thread was very mixed. Didn't see it swing either way......either way.....these previews and all the videos I have watched have jacked my excitement back up to the max! I'm very curious to see what the two month delay does for the game. Because it seemed to run really well for consoles already.

I'm for a delay into 2017 simply because releasing it on Nov. 29th is just a crowded time and you feel most people will be neck deep in COD, Gears, BF1, TF2, etc.

At that point you're fighting for the money until next year, so next year would be a smart idea given the the games coming out in a few months.

Formosa

Previews and Twitter folks are mostly positive.

NeoGAF tho

A lot of people are dumb thinking the demo that they played will be the final game. Not everything in the FF15 demos will make it to the final version. All FF15 demos are all very incomplete.

People just love to whine and hate on the internet while they only played 0.001% of the game. lol

Osahi

I played six hours of it. And I liked what I saw. It was hard not to say anything when people started to freak out due to the delay. Game ran well with regular occurence if bugs you can expect in the final home stretch. (Build i played wasn't the current gamescom one) Nda fully lifts tomorrow btw.

Samimista

At that point you're fighting for the money until next year, so next year would be a smart idea given the the games coming out in a few months.

Yeah, I'd be okay with another delay as well. I'll be playing Dishonored 2 and Pokemon in November, anyways.

I played six hours of it. And I liked what I saw. It was hard not to say anything when people started to freak out due to the delay. Nda fully lifts tomorrow btw.

I'd love to hear your thoughts if you're able to share more tomorrow. :)

Osahi

Oh those sites jumped the gun then?

Not sure. There was a 16th date for announcement articles, and 17th for full deal. These articles might be from another event with another nda.

Edit: might do a small post anout my basic thoughts but i leave for gamescom so i am not sure if i have the time

Nothing unusual there. Not many people outside of here care about optimal AA or dithering or whatever.
I don't even know what that stuff means, lol. Im excited. I just need stable fps and a fun game. I'm more worried about the combat. But Witcher 3 combat was terrible and i loved that game.

BumRush

Although, those games you listed (and the ones that typically dominate late Q4) are all shooters, so that might be a great time to release something different.

So it's fairly positive so far,good to hear.Shall keep reading these opinions carefully,i don't want myself overly enthusiastic just in case

I played six hours of it. And I liked what I saw. It was hard not to say anything when people started to freak out due to the delay. Game ran well with regular occurence if bugs you can expect in the final home stretch. (Build i played wasn't the current gamescom one) Nda fully lifts tomorrow btw.

Wew lad

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
This game's going to be as polarizing as Metal Gear Solid V, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom