• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Impressions: Mark All Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good to me. I did read though that (nothing spoiler related, though don't spoil it for me!)
it has one of the best ending CGs in FF
is that true?

If you don't mind, do you have your FF rankings including this game?
It is true. The
ending CG
is one of the best I have seen. Very memorable!

Here are my top 5 FFs in no specific order.

FFVII
FFX
FFIV
FFIX
FFXV

All of DarkLordMalik's XV impressions are now considered void by me.

I'm sorry Malik, but how can I trust you now? :(
Lol. I don't honestly remember majority of the cast. One of the reason was that the main character was just not emphasized anywhere. It should have been Balthier (or was it Basch) but instead they tried to shove Vaan as the main character. "I want to be a sky pirate!".

I can't wait to play the game again though with the upcoming remaster. Loved the gameplay.

Nya

How would everyone playing already rank it amongst other ff games you've played?

Despite the bad story, I actually consider it the best FF lol

FFXV is yaoi.
Heh.

Noctis x Prompto <3

We need a second spoilers thread for people who have actually played the game when it comes out.

People should stop assuming things like this, a lot of people in Spoiler Thread actually played the game, including me ~_~

~Cross~

Man you guys too must have that weird virus in your PCs that everytime you try to type Ramza or Delita, other names come up.

Delita is a fantastic character and I would love to see a FF with a character like him as the protagonist. I dont think you'd see anything like that in a jrpg. Its always the rival character like Jowy in Suiko2.

Tbf. My dad sucks so I was very much in Tidus position and loved Auron as a basically better father.

Probably why FFX resonated with me so much, even with bad writing and voice acting, it kinda felt real.

You might say it was a fantasy based on realtiy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Here are my top 5 FFs in no specific order.

FFVII
FFX
FFIV
FFIX
FFXV

Now I'm more hyped. Seem so like we have almost the same top 5 FFs (except for XV since I haven't played it. Here are mine though:

IV, VI, VII, IX, X

Dice//

Banned
That whole "Fantasy Based on Reality" bit is so spot-on.

If Earth magically transformed to feature the same junk we know, the cars, the restaurants, the roads, the mobile phones, the time it takes to park a car, going to sleep at night, eating to build up energy, and then added a dash of monsters, magic, and occasional otherworldly scenery, it would be FF15.

I'm realllly enjoying this game so far.

There's no question Balthier is a badass character, but he's very "cheap" IMO in that he's basically just FF Han Solo. The original Han Solo was badass so, yeah, his FF copy is badass too...

This is true, but Balthier's Chewbaca is a lot sexier than Han's.

I love XII's world, cast, and battle system.

But I really don't like the dungeon design, and the second half of the game is basically a dungeon crawler.

Also, the story is way too sparse in the back half.

Tyaren

Alright, here comes the Pro HQ and Pro LQ/base PS4 graphics comparison in Duscae:

Pro HQ:
31128053111_0441895a8a_o.png

Pro LQ:
31098515202_1c9e290698_o.png

Pro HQ:
31128042331_0649cbdc89_o.png

Pro LQ:
31242360525_2a7d2b6afd_o.png

Pro HQ:
31242402225_11563da9ed_o.png

Pro LQ:
30421188554_d281c288ee_o.png

Strangely, there is hardly any difference. While we saw quite a big disparity in the early game section, this isn't the case here at all. The Pro HQ version looks actually a bit more washed out than the LQ/base PS4 version.

RPGCrazied

Alright, here comes the Pro HQ and Pro LQ/base PS4 graphics comparison in Duscae:

Strangely, there is hardly any difference. While we saw quite a big disparity in the early game section, this isn't the case here at all. The Pro HQ version looks actually a bit more washed out than the LQ/base PS4 version.

Is LQ mode basically the regular PS4 version? I can't really see a difference in those shots.

artsi

Yeah not that much difference, but damn it looks gorgeous anyway. Huge difference to Episode Duscae.

Tyaren

Is LQ mode basically the regular PS4 version? I can't really see a difference in those shots.

The only difference of Pro LQ and base PS4 versions should be that the LQ version is full1080p resolution and the base PS4 version runs a dynamic 900-1080p resolution.

RPGCrazied

The only difference of Pro LQ and base PS4 versions should be that the LQ version is full1080p resolution and the base base PS4 version runs a dynamic 900-1080p resolution.

Oh ok. Well that stinks. I hope the dip to 900p doesn't happen very often.

Yeah not that much difference, but damn it looks gorgeous anyway. Huge difference to Episode Duscae.
HUGE improvement indeed.

Can anyone compare the water and reflection quality. That is one section where the difference can be HUGE enough that it will greatly improve some of the areas.

Oh ok. Well that stinks. I hope the dip to 900p doesn't happen very often.
Safe to say that is mostly stays 1080p as the IQ is really sharp, better than the Duscae demo which was slightly blurry. Resolution might dip during some of the crazy set pieces but it is hard to spot it during such an intense chaotic time, lol.

Kyoufu

Just take out Vaan and Penelo and you have a solid cast of characters. Such a shame that we lost Matsuno's original vision for the game with Basch as the protagonist.

Honestly I don't mind Vaan. His character develops throughout the game and he's never a bratty, childishly annoying kid like some young characters in other games tend to be. Penelo is also tolerable but nothing special about her at all.

But yeah, it's a shame that Matsuno couldn't complete his vision of the game in the end and it's always sad to see Square-Enix executives meddling with the games.

RPGCrazied

Safe to say that is mostly stays 1080p as the IQ is really sharp, better than the Duscae demo which was slightly blurry. Resolution might dip during some of the crazy set pieces but it is hard to spot it during such an intense chaotic time, lol.

That is what I'm hoping. Like it won't be 900p when just exploring the open world with nothing going on.

Tyaren

Can anyone compare the water and reflection quality. That is one section where the difference can be HUGE enough that it will greatly improve some of the areas.

Actually, I think the reflections are worse/glitchier on PS4 Pro. I noticed that already in Galdin Quay...

Pro HQ:
31032775462_9e7731a638_o.png

Pro LQ/base PS4:
31140193106_3fe16d4e1b_o.png

Duscae seemed to be no different. I'll make some comparisons of that later...

Mcdohl

This thread reminded me how divisive FFXII was back in the day. I guess it still kinda is.

I wonder if XV will have a similar fate.

jett

D-Member

Their use of TAA is too strong on "HQ", everything is blurred out in comparison.

Actually, I think the reflections are worse/glitchier on PS4 Pro. I noticed that already in Galdin Quay...

Duscae seemed to be no different. I'll make some comparisons of that later...
Nooooooooo!!! :(

There goes all incentive for a Pro upgrade. I will just wait until the proper December patch.

Say you do all of the sidequests post final battle and assuming post completion, you're back in the game prior to the last boss, do more sidequests open up? Can you replay previously completed sidequests? Because I'm going to want to mess around with the combat after I beat but don't necessarily want to hold off on sidequests just to finish them post game.

Tyaren

Nooooooooo!!! :(

There goes all incentive for a Pro upgrade. I will just wait until the proper December patch.

I wonder how that patch will turn out. If they run the game at in 1080p resolution and 60fps (if they reach it) I wonder if there's still a bit power left for upgraded graphics or if we basically just get a smoother running base Pro LQ/base PS4 version. I personally would stay with the current Pro HQ mode then. I think it already runs fine.

Would you say that there are:

A). A TON of bosses & super bosses
B). A decent number of bosses & super bosses
C). A paltry amount of bosses & super bosses
It is more of an assumption but I'd go with B.

Say you do all of the sidequests post final battle and assuming post completion, you're back in the game prior to the last boss, do more sidequests open up? Can you replay previously completed sidequests? Because I'm going to want to mess around with the combat after I beat but don't necessarily want to hold off on sidequests just to finish them post game.
We get flying Regalia post-game and then we also get Adamantoise boss fight as a new side quest as soon as we return after the final boss fight, so there's definitely more content to be unlocked/discovered.

theofficefan99

This is one of my favorite games this year along with Titanfall 2 and Odin sphere.

I LOOOOVED what I played of Odin Sphere, but it wasn't much. I only played most of Valkyrie's (forgot her real name) storyline but it was already getting a tad repetitive for me. Typically, that isn't a problem, but I wasn't gripped by the story at all. I still consider it a good game and I didn't drop it permanently, it's just not a game that really grabbed me. I love how unique it is, though.

It is more of an assumption but I'd go with B.

We get flying Regalia post-game and then we also get Adamantoise boss fight as a new side quest as soon as we return after the final boss fight, so there's definitely more content to be unlocked/discovered.

Has anyone tried the Adamantoise fight yet? I'm very curious what that ends up being. Especially after that "72 real-time hours" nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom