• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT| There and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

I'm up to chapter 4 and there's definitely something ominous about
Ardyn's
character; his looks and his demeanor. I watched Kingsglaive, but I still don't know what to make of the guy. He sorta reminds me of
Seymour
from FFX. I really like this English VA too!

His English VA was my MVP, but the English VA in general really impressed me.

Tiamant

What?
I thought Ardyn's fight was awesome. Fast paced, deeply personal, amazing music. Fast, hits like a truck, and you have to stay on your toes. What's not to like?

Stay in your toes?

It's almost impossible to die in the first phase if you are carrying healing items (which is 99% sure you will). Ardyn was a great villain but that shitty boss fight will hurt him forever.

jb1234

What?
I thought Ardyn's fight was awesome. Fast paced, deeply personal, amazing music. Fast, hits like a truck, and you have to stay on your toes. What's not to like?

Actually, that's a pretty good question, as it seems like no one has commented on the final boss music (which I personally found underwhelming, much like the battle itself). What did everyone else think?

Ishida

Banned
Just got to ch 13, how much of the game is left to the ending? Trying to see if I can beat it tonight.

About 4-5 hours.

Actually, that's a pretty good question, as it seems like no one has commented on the final boss music (which I personally found underwhelming, much like the battle itself). What did everyone else think?

Magna Insomnia became one of my favorite final boss battle themes. I loved how they turned Somnus into such a creepy, almost evil tune

Roussow

One trophy left to get, getting Gladio's Survival Skill up to level 10, I'm just at 9 from normal gameplay -- should I just throw a rubber band around the stick and let the crew run in circles for a few hours while I get tea?

LotusHD

Banned
I may have explored the
Costlemark Tower
waaaay too early (party at level 38) in the game which made me waste quite a few resources to say the least. I've just beaten the Red Golem and all that's left to do is take the other square floor thing until I get to the boss. Problem is, I don't have enough items to take me through the next enemy waves and the boss himself, so I should probably retreat and replenish my stock, but I don't know if leaving the dungeon will erase my progress or not and I don't want it all to go to waste.

So basically, can I safely leave the dungeon, buy some more itens and come back to it without losing my progress?

Your progress will be fine. But just in case, may want to consider coming back sooner rather than later lol

kiaaa

One trophy left to get, getting Gladio's Survival Skill up to level 10, I'm just at 9 from normal gameplay -- should I just throw a rubber band around the stick and let the crew run in circles for a few hours while I get tea?

If you plan on doing the sealed dungeons at all, you may as well just wait til then. They involve a lot of running.

Roussow

If you plan on doing the sealed dungeons at all, you may as well just wait til then. They involve a lot of running.

I'm honestly not going to bother, I don't really care for their design, assuming all of the sealed dungeons are a similar layout to the first 2 I went through, I'll hard pass. Perhaps I'll look back into it down the line with alongside updates / dlc. But for now I'm just going to get the plat and put it away.

Lasagna plus expericast plus royal suite in Altissia 0_0. If only banking AP were this painless.

Big mp pool on level 90 Noctis makes combat even more fun. Also now that I've unlocked the full aerial path in ascension grid.

Still trying to figure out my favorite loadout...

legacyzero

Banned
I'm really disappointed that they don't let you explore (don't click unless you've beaten the game
World of Ruin
. Such a missed opportunity.

OrionX

Just finished Chapter 13. It was certainly a long one, but I thought it was fine. I was expecting something nightmarish after the way people were talking about it. I enjoyed all of
Ardyn's commentary. I wasn't very on board with him as the villain before, but now I think he's gonna be Sephiroth/Kefka tier. I was pretty surprised by his true identity, I was so sure he was Bahamut until that reveal.

I take back what I said earlier about
Ravus being worse than Nabaat. I was so pissed when I found his fucking corpse. I was like WTF, at least have Ardyn turn him into a demon or something so we can get a fight out of him!! Then it happened and I felt bad for him, lol. It was nice to see signs that he did care about Luna and wasn't just a hateful asshole, but he could've been a much more tragic character if his story had been better executed. Of course, I feel the same about Luna atm. The Fleuret's got robbed.

Also, I'm very confused about
Prompto's backstory
right now, since that shit was completely glossed over, but I'm gonna hold off on asking questions and finish the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom