• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer | Lord Nomura giveth us His only Son so we may live

Go_Ly_Dow

my favourite part of the trailer was probably 1:07. with what looked like warships invading a kingdom or one of the enemy kingdoms

signifying the grander and more epic plot in the story

Fuz

Banned
Has this been posted already?

cad-20140922-f7e8f.png

Buzzati

Banned
This is what happens when you don't push enough kids into lockers. Look at these goofs. These characters look so stupid. If you give characters normal hair and clothes, they can still be interesting, Nomura.

Falk

that puzzling face
No, that's very clearly the same pattern as every other particle in the effect. Just those few particles just so happened to make an interesting contour which extruded into an interesting 3D illusion.

I can't wait to play the demo. Tabata said in that dungeon there are powerful monsters and some items (weapon) at the end. Good to see real dungeons come back into FF. I want to see how it is to actually play. Can't be worse then whatever FFXIII battle system was.

Go_Ly_Dow

I can't wait to play the demo. Tabata said in that dungeon there are powerful monsters and some items (weapon) at the end. Good to see real dungeons come back into FF. I want to see how it is to actually play. Can't be worse then whatever FFXIII battle system was.

3 days til more info :D

BELIEVE!

Sinfamy

This is what happens when you don't push enough kids into lockers. Look at these goofs. These characters look so stupid. If you give characters normal hair and clothes, they can still be interesting, Nomura.
Why do things have to look normal? We've had 90% generic looking normal characters, I like different.
And it's a fantasy game. Is the design for Tidus any less ridiculous? Its fun, different and aesthetically pleasing.

Philippo

The patent is the only reason why I think there may be a chance but I doubt SE would be ambitious enough to include two battle systems. Also, I felt like Tabata would of confirmed it already.

Well, with how bad he chose his words last time, i wouldn't be so sure about it ;)

And if they went to insert manual mode in the patent shows how it's actually in their interests to use it.
Also the patent was registered just recently, so unless any sudden changes, i guess it's still there (at least i hope!).

Also, I felt like Tabata would of confirmed it already.

He has no twitter, the outrage about this is minimal compared to other similar cases, and the interviews have never given him an avenue to discuss the matter at length.

It's not like he did another new round of interviews after TGS where he's had time to react to this. Most of the news and various outlet interviews were around the same time, just released in different timing.

Pachimari

I don't think they'll have a manual mode. I think they are pretty set on the system now where you choose your gambits and user your attack/defend buttons, and then get the product out.

To me, the current described battle system sounds great.

I don't think they'll have a manual mode. I think they are pretty set on the system now where you choose your gambits and user your attack/defend buttons, and then get the product out.

To me, the current described battle system sounds great.

Even so the current system doesn't sound that automated considering you will be going back and forth with the defend, attack, magic and warp buttons. Won't do you much good if your continually using one button. If your always defending then how do you expect to cause any damage and how do you expect to avoid enemy attacks if your continually attacking. You'll be alternating between things. Not like you'll be holding down any one button for longer than 20 seconds...

Squire

Banned
Even so the current system doesn't sound that automated considering you will be going back and forth with the defend, attack, magic and warp buttons. Won't do you much good if your continually using one button. If your always defending then how do you expect to cause any damage and how do you expect to avoid enemy attacks if your continually attacking. You'll be alternating between things. Not like you'll be holding down any one button for longer than 20 seconds...

Yes, it's not literally going to be one button.

I also think it sounds fine in theory, possibly great in practice. The strategic planning of FFXII combined with more rhythmic immediate actions to keep you involved and attentive.

It'll probably be pretty good, in all honesty. People just need time to get over the fact that they're not getting KH without the Disbey parts.

KupoNut

Curious to see if they'll show off the "Gambits" or any demo locales in that extended version or if it's just going to be the same demo from TGS with 5 minutes of more footage.

Everyone comparing the battle system to XII baffles me a bit. The gambits are the only similarity that I think holds real water, otherwise it looks like night and day to me.

Dark_castle

Everyone comparing the battle system to XII baffles me a bit. The gambits are the only similarity that I think holds real water, otherwise it looks like night and day to me.

The battle transition is also fully seamless, like XII. The essential difference is one was more closer to traditional ATB formula while another is inspired by KH fast action combat.

Good thing for me, really. I've always wanted Gambit to be further explored, so while there is a loss of pure, twitch/reflex based KH battle system, a more tactical and strategic combat with micromanaging + relatively active, fast real time combat is equally appealing to me.

Top Bottom