• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV's soundtrack is probably the best mainline soundtrack ever

JMY86

I didn't think it was bad but I honestly do not remember a single track from it. I just finished Persona 5 and I could hum 15 tracks from it's OST right now. I guess it could just be fresh in my mind but I can do the same for Ninja Gaiden and I played that game 20 years ago.

Squire

Banned

JBwB

Definitely one of the best in the mainline FF series. I'm not sure if I could actually pick one above the rest though.

Most of them are amazing.

ryushe

I wouldn't say it's my favorite mainline soundtrack but it has some very strong tracks throughout. My favorite is one of the late-game tracks, Hellfire.
I came to the realization a few weeks ago that this is probably my favorite villain theme in the entire franchise.

This song has so many stages, it's as if I'm going on a journey every time I listen to it.

AzureFlame

i disagree, the ost was was lacking, only like 4 to 5 amazing songs the other were very mediocre and not memorable and generic.

for me best ost top 3

FF9
FF8
FF10

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Valse di Fantastica

First time i heard it in the overworld i was like what the fuck that tune was the shit.
It really captured how i felt when realised how open the initial overworld is.

I would even wait till the track was over before finishing hunts or entering dungeons.
So good.

Still good but I felt it was the weakest mainline FF OST since V.
Even a few months later I feel Persona 5 and Nier Automata both have superior soundtracks when older FF's used to be so far ahead of the pack in that regard.

Asd202

Not really it has some of the best battle themes but outside of that it's rather weak. For example town music suck ass.

R0nn

I felt like the soundtrack was incomplete in a way. I was under the impression that it features way fewer tracks than any FF since FFIV at least. Maybe I'm wrong about that though.

Top Bottom