• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Fates |OT| Nohr does what Hoshidon't

The instructions are in the OP:

cBuJvDH.png

Oh, fuck.

This, or something similar, will still work if you bought both physical Conquest and Birthright? I did that for my sister.

Leiru

my download code doesnt work in the explore paths option and the eshop says i have to download within the game.
anyone else having this problem?

jackal27

Banned
I'm so nervous to start this game. Isn't there something new with support convos that I need to know? Are they somehow limited like in old Fire Emblem games or can I just go ham and become best friends with EVERYONE?

Oh, fuck.

This, or something similar, will still work if you bought both physical Conquest and Birthright? I did that for my sister.

Nope. It's advised not to get both physical as it costs an extra $20 and you'll miss out on some minor in-game unlocks by not having them together.

my download code doesnt work in the explore paths option and the eshop says i have to download within the game.
anyone else having this problem?

It should work in the Dragon's Gate.

Gestahl

I'm so nervous to start this game. Isn't there something new with support convos that I need to know? Are they somehow limited like in old Fire Emblem games or can I just go ham and become best friends with EVERYONE?

There's a buddy system now where same sex characters can get an A+ and share classes but beyond that same as Awakening

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I went to Best Buy, asked them to check, they did. Asked them to check everywhere else, one box an hour away. When they called, the associate got put on hold for like 15 minutes. I told her to not worry cause it would be gone by the time I got there. Called every Gamestop (including a third in a couple of minutes), no, of course not. And honestly, I'm not even gonna try Walmart.

But I tried.

Settled for Conquest.

Dominator

I got both games, but I'm playing Conquest first (my brother dibbed Birthright first). Hoping the difficulty doesn't dissuade me too much lol

Chorazin

GRRRRRRRR CHAPTER 5

How the FUCK do you keep Ryoma alive? I'm rushing as fast as I can to him but he keeps fucking dying. Why does it pull this shit on Classic? If someone dies I want it to be my own stupid fault, not a random chance when I don't have control of an Ally. This is really fucking annoying.

Gestahl

GRRRRRRRR CHAPTER 5

How the FUCK do you keep Ryoma alive? I'm rushing as fast as I can to him but he keeps fucking dying. Why does it pull this shit on Classic? If someone dies I want it to be my own stupid fault, not a random chance. This is really fucking annoying.

He's supposed to. It doesn't matter.

jackal27

Banned
Oh man! Do I name him Corrin or give him MY name!? I always use my name, but this time I feel like I have a previous association with Corrin because of Smash Bros!

Kinsei

Banned
Chapter 3 almost gave me a heart attack. Stupid 70% attacks missing three times in a row. Thankfully the boss missed one too or my fist death would have been Corrin.

Hero

Anyone that has played the Japanese version can confirm if the localization changed characters' personalities in the American one? Apparently people on Reddit are claiming that

What's bothering me about some of these early chapters is that I can never tell if its okay to kill someone who looks recruitable. Or if it's alright to let a character die. I just pray that they'll reappear safe and sound in the cutscene before I hit the good ol' L+R+Select.

ChrisD

Nohr has some awesome music! The characters were okay, too, until the King entered the picture. Now it's just "Rah, we're evil." That kind of sucks.

Picked up my Special Edition this morning. The other customer in the shop asked for physical copies of both Birthright and Conquest even after being informed by the cashier that he could get one digitally at half price.

Now, I understand that as someone who likes a physical collection too, but:

- Poor fellow clearly couldn't get a Special Edition.
- I dislike the Pokémon-style dual release model, but Nintendo knows damned well what they're doing.
- I hope this doesn't set a precedent so I don't have to watch all-in-one edition pre-orders like a hawk and pay double for every single Fire Emblem release from now on. But it very well might.

jackal27

Banned
Oh geeeeeeze what's a good talent for Corrin? Is there a class that I'll most likely be lacking in on the Hoshido side of things?

Picked up my Special Edition this morning. The other customer in the shop asked for physical copies of both Birthright and Conquest even after being informed by the cashier that he could get one digitally at half price.

Now, I understand that as someone who likes a physical collection too, but:

- Poor fellow clearly couldn't get a Special Edition.
- I dislike the Pokémon-style dual release model, but Nintendo knows damned well what they're doing.
- I hope this doesn't set a precedent so I don't have to watch all-in-one edition pre-orders like a hawk and pay double for every single Fire Emblem release from now on. But it very well might.

I think the better comparison is Oracle of Ages / Seasons.

I don't think Nintendo would've greenlit this amount of content if it was all going into a single $40 game.

Gestahl

Oh geeeeeeze what's a good talent for Corrin? Is there a class that I'll most likely be lacking in on the Hoshido side of things?

You can go speed and Swordmaster to go super sword-based offense with the Yato and show Lobster man how it's really done or drag over a Nohr class that your marriage partner might want. Cavalier isn't bad since Corrin can use it pretty well too.

As expected Amazon sent my SE in a bubble envelope and the box was damaged. Not bad this time but still...wtf. I have emailed them many times about this in the past and they still do it. Thankfully the front of the box is fine and that's what I plan to display.

Excited to get into tonight after work.

Draxal

Cavalier is a good default (it's the default one for a reason).

Ninja is good because it's a good class and has a very good skill if you go the one route (puppetmaster).

As expected Amazon sent my SE in a bubble envelope and the box was damaged. Not bad this time but still...wtf. I have emailed them many times about this in the past and they still do it. Thankfully the front of the box is fine and that's what I plan to display.

Seriously, there was no way I was going to order a special edition like this through Amazon, because it was going to happen without a doubt.

I just felt like there was too much information to choose at startup. I guess that's how it is in all of these build-your-own character games; and I suppose I had the same trouble starting up Awakening for the first time.

I just decided to follow my gut feeling on what I wanted to do; except I was an idiot and chose outlaw instead of samurai :L

yeah, honestly i'm not surprised amazon sent it like that

looking forward to my dinged box if i get it today!

Richie

the 3 physical save files from your physical cart and then when u buy the extra routes u again an extra 3 (3 per route) so 3 saves will be on your physical cart while 6 will be in your sd cart

Ah ah okay! Thanks a bunch mate.

Now to decide whether to hold on the Special Edition order or cancel it and go all digital...

Gestahl

Is dragon any good? That's the one I chose.

You mean the wyverns? They're decent if you're going defense heavy and their skills aren't bad, particularly the later ones. The malig knight's final skill in particular is a free 5 damage against anything not mounted.

MSMrRound

Chapter 3 (?)....is the
NPC tagging along for the taking over of the tower etc
supposed to be rushing to their death or something.

No harm to the story if he/she perishes...right?

ChrisD

Sakura died in Chapter 4 to a Critical Hit. I didn't even get to reach her. Am I good, no actual loss of member, or do I reset?

Kinsei

Banned
Chapter 3 (?)....is the
NPC tagging along for the taking over of the tower etc
supposed to be rushing to their death or something.

No harm to the story if he/she perishes...right?

I can't say for sure but considering
what happens at the end of the chapter, even if Hans dies
, it should be fine.

SOLDIER

Got the physical for Birthright, so I'm going to start that campaign first.

I wanted to ask if anyone had any recommendations for gender; I wanted to run male for Conquest because I want to romance Camilla, but I was thinking of going female for Birthright. Story-wise, what's recommended?

Top Bottom