• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whizkid7

But you cant bait them. They simply wont move until you're in the danger zone and if any of my units are, they all will kill them. It's just terrible.

If you put a unit in the lowest left spot of danger, then only two enemies can hit them - the sword guy and bow guy, From there they'll all start moving to try and get you. At least that's how it worked for me.

PK Gaming

Takumi being over the top obnoxious is so goddamn fitting

Like if there was any character that was super duper obnoxious, it HAD to be him

God bless Takumi

redcrayon

Has there been any indication that they might start raising the stam cap? Not having it go up by leveling up is just insane. 50 stam is like 2-3 mathches a day
For a long term game it's better for them to add features once they've seen how it's working than take them away. I'm just hypothesising but if lack of stamina causes a player dropoff I could see, say, a stamina pool increase of +10 being offered in exchange for 20 orbs, up to a max of 100. Same goes for the two spaces next to the rows of badges, I can see that being rare 'universal badges' later on.

Hnnnnnng

Pulled a 5* Takumi on my 3rd round on the last Orb. Already lvled him up to 26. Such a beast

Also, mind was blown when I realized Takumi is a guy :O
i've never played fire emblem games

Skii

If you put a unit in the lowest left spot of danger, then only two enemies can hit them - the sword guy and bow guy, From there they'll all start moving to try and get you. At least that's how it worked for me.

Nope, the blue mage hits me as well. So that's 3 things that attack me. And my Cordelia is weak to the fucking bow guy so it's impossible for me to even stand a chance. Absolutely awful game design.

I got 2* Narcian, but I'm still trying for the 3* version. I shuffled through my units, and found Sully. She is 3*, so I upgraded her to 4*. I already have her at 27.

Sully is key to winning this for me. She will easily deal with the sword guy and retreat. After that I can clean up the map. A mounted lancer is useful in other situations, so this training is worthwhile.

You just have to make the best of what you have.

Whizkid7

Nope, the blue mage hits me as well. So that's 3 things that attack me. And my Cordelia is weak to the fucking bow guy so it's impossible for me to even stand a chance. Absolutely awful game design.

I just did it again - my mistake, the blue mage and the sword guy are the only ones that hit me. If you're getting hit by more than that then you're going too far up. You may need to reconsider your team composition if you're having so much trouble.

kswiston

So, going into the weekend, I will have at least 20 of every great badge except Blue (I have 19). I should be able to get that last blue this weekend since it's random colors.

It already feels like I have a lifetime supply of the normal badges.

OVDRobo

Surprised how well my team of Lyn, Robin, Camilla and Kagero (4*) is holding up in defense. I know more people are probably doing arena matches with the event going on, but I'm up to 5 wins now with 259 being my score.

They're all good units, but I can imagine them being pretty easy to divide and conquer in the A.I's hands. It's probably coming from people sleeping on Kagero's ability to decimate any unit that isn't on a horse, dragon, pegasus or in heavy armor because the other 3 are pretty common and have some good counters. Camilla, especially.

Moonlight

Banned
Sorta done with Arena until I can get better units. As much as I love her, Lyn isn't cutting it and my main team right now just doesn't have any decent answers to a team that runs Takumi, or on top of that all the teams I'm running into now weighing down their total level with a level 20 or something. Matching into battles I literally can't win is a bit tiresome.

redcrayon

I got 2* Narcian, but I'm still trying for the 3* version. I shuffled through my units, and found Sully. She is 3*, so I upgraded her to 4*. I already have her at 27.

Sully is key to winning this for me. She will easily deal with the sword guy and retreat. After that I can clean up the map. A mounted lancer is useful in other situations, so this training is worthwhile.

You just have to make the best of what you have.
I'd love to have some more of the cavaliers, the only one I have at the moment is Sully's pal Stahl. He's OK, but then I suppose he's filling the usual cavalier role of being a reasonable all-rounder.

Gotchaye

Surprised how well my team of Lyn, Robin, Camilla and Kagero (4*) is holding up in defense. I know more people are probably doing arena matches with the event going on, but I'm up to 5 wins now with 259 being my score.

They're all good units, but I can imagine them being pretty easy to divide and conquer in the A.I's hands. It's probably coming from people sleeping on Kagero's ability to decimate any unit that isn't on a horse, dragon, pegasus or in heavy armor because the other 3 are pretty common and have some good counters. Camilla, especially.

I mean, if I get surprised and lose a hero early in a streak I'm just going to surrender to start a new streak. So it works.

Flo_Evans

How does this work out? I feel like neutral or better DEF would be really good for Robin because he's supposed to be blocking swords and Takumi.

He can generally take a full attack from sword users and Takumi. I don't think he's ever been one shotted unless they have a special queued up. He generally can one shot just about anything unless they are a green mage (or other high magic resistance). Just have to make sure he is not double or triple teamed.

I am using him with Clarine for +spd and he just destroys shit. Most of the time his 2nd attack doesn't even get to land and he is regularly doing 30x2 damage.

Baliis

He can generally take a full attack from sword users and Takumi. I don't think he's ever been one shotted unless they have a special queued up. He generally can one shot just about anything unless they are a green mage (or other high magic resistance). Just have to make sure he is not double or triple teamed.

I am using him with Clarine for +spd and he just destroys shit. Most of the time his 2nd attack doesn't even get to land and he is regularly doing 30x2 damage.

Wish I had your godly Robin. Is he five stars? The speed on my 4 star is terrible so he almost never gets to double and is usually doubled himself.

I think I'm getting my ass handed to me on defense. I have gotten zero defense point with a 3 Star Olivia baiting people. Olivia, Hector, Takumi, Robin.

From what I've read AI leaves hector behind and Olivia probably doesn't help much. Team one is what defends so I'm thinking of making a specific defense team for 1 and my main team in slot 2. Maybe a healer? Perhaps it's just my default placement that needs work. Whatever it is I am struggling on that front.

Flo_Evans

Wish I had your godly Robin. Is he five stars? The speed on my 4 star is terrible so he almost never gets to double and is usually doubled himself.

yeah at 5 stars he gets +7 speed under 50%hp. I usually let him pull aggro because he can survive so much and then go nuts with the double hits.

I might need to kick him off the team because he is stealing all the kills. But he is the only blue guy I have that is worth a damn.

Draxal

I think I'm getting my ass handed to me on defense. I have gotten zero defense point with a 3 Star Olivia baiting people. Olivia, Hector, Takumi, Robin.

From what I've read AI leaves hector behind and Olivia probably doesn't help much. Team one is what defends so I'm thinking of making a specific defense team for 1 and my main team in slot 2. Maybe a healer? Perhaps it's just my default placement that needs work. Whatever it is I am struggling on that front.

Olivia will be refreshing hector the whole time so Tak and Robin will run off and get killed.

OceanBlue

yeah at 5 stars he gets +7 speed under 50%hp. I usually let him pull aggro because he can survive so much and then go nuts with the double hits.

I might need to kick him off the team because he is stealing all the kills. But he is the only blue guy I have that is worth a damn.

Oh yeah lol I forgot he had that. Robin is really good apparently. Glad to hear your stats are working out.

Skii

I just did it again - my mistake, the blue mage and the sword guy are the only ones that hit me. If you're getting hit by more than that then you're going too far up. You may need to reconsider your team composition if you're having so much trouble.

I'm telling you I go on the first square and I get hit by the red swordsman above, the blue mage and the archer. So I need a blue unit to tank those hits and of course my only good blue unit is Cordelia who gets destroyed by the archer.

The one time i played against team with Azura she charged into combat first wasting her moves on 1 move heavy infantry on the way. I'd add some solid fighter instead.

I'm telling you I go on the first square and I get hit by the red swordsman above, the blue mage and the archer. So I need a blue unit to tank those hits and of course my only good blue unit is Cordelia who gets destroyed by the archer.

Are you countering and killing either the mage or archer? That may be why you are open to the third attack?

Vena

My defense team is Jagen (Blue, Lance, Mounted), Freddie (Green, Axe, Mounted), Tiki-Loli (Red, Dragon), and Tharja (Red, Mage).

I get a lot of defense wins because teams generally don't have answers to the two mounted cavalry (Jagen buffs Freddie's crap Resistance), and Tiki and Tharja wipe out Hectors/Greens.

I plan on replacing Tharja with a RobinM eventually.

The one time i played against team with Azura she charged into combat first wasting her moves on 1 move heavy infantry on the way. I'd add some solid fighter instead.

I'm lacking a great red so I will probbaly go with Eliwood but won't he run out and get killed as well since he is on a horse? I Have Draug as well but with him and Hector I don't think my team will move much and the two faster ones will die too easily.

Cerium

Finally. My squad is ready to go.

dbdzOtH.png

Now maybe I can stop wasting all of my free time on this game...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Olivia will be refreshing hector the whole time so Tak and Robin will run off and get killed.

This is how Hector fights almost always play out. I rush to engage everyone else while Hector slowly comes up. Then you can just pick him apart when he's by himself.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah Tiki destroys Hector - always fun to see xD

Finished Lucina, if im reading it right she is +atk and .res. That seems pretty good.

Sent.

If any other Gaffers want to add me.This is my foreal account and i haven' posted this one yet.

494 339 0135

Thanks man !!

kswiston

Tiki one rounds him and takes like zero damage. Its glorious.

Tikis in turn are one shot kills for the Falchion trio. The only dragon that can hold up to them is Nowi. F Corrin can get some licks in as well before dying.

There are no really unstoppable units at the moment, so I feel like you are typically just playing the odds on what is common to see in defense teams when choosing your offense quartet.

Firemind

Tikis in turn are one shot kills for the Falchion trio. The only dragon that can hold up to them is Nowi. F Corrin can get some licks in as well before dying.

There are no really unstoppable units at the moment, so I feel like you are typically just playing the odds on what is common to see in defense teams when choosing your offense quartet.
Err

Fazilla is green

So uh here is a nice dumb situation I got myself into lol. Didn't see what team I had up and joined a lunatic map. Lost my other characters who were level one(was theorycrafting a defense team) and got trapped in the corner. NOBODY can move and my team can't attack. They combined hit Robin for 6 and I heal for 17 every turn. Save my ten stamina!

Wiseblade

You don't even need a Falchion user to deal with the dragons. Kagero can erase them too, since they're all infantry. In fact, Kagero kills all of the bonus characters except for Camilla.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah I usually target Tiki teams if I can. Not too good on defense in the current meta imo.

Falchion

Just beat the main story with my squad of Hector (28), Draug (26), Tiki (26), and Maria (29). I've got some more hard missions that I can probably beat without grinding like crazy but other than that, I'll probably just be playing the special mission of the day and not much else since there's no more story content and I don't have any other good heroes to work on.

Kouriozan

I can't do the Narcian hard, my Takumi is a +ATK one so he kills the archer and the mage come to finish him even with his weakest weapon, otherwise I could kite them after that first turn.
Wait, can we unequip weapon? I gotta try that.

EDIT : nah, it don't work either, of course having your stronger units not being able to attack is a problem.

Firemind

I couldn't even beat one advanced team with my daily three swords. D:

In my defense I misclicked one time when I was about to kill Takumi.

Vena

I can't do the Narcian hard, my Takumi is a +ATK one so he kills the archer and the mage come to finish him even with his weakest weapon, otherwise I could kite them after that first turn.
Wait, can we unequip weapon? I gotta try that.

Do what I do: send in a unit that cannot attack back, or does little damage. I was using RobinM to tank the sword and mage, and then pulled him back and out of the fight permanently.

Tiki, Anna, and Serra took care of everything else on their own since Anna has a crazy high Res for a green unit (so she takes little to no damage from the two mages) and can ORKO everything but Narcian, who Tiki will OHKO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom