• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So upset on lunatic 9 none of my characters who are level 40 can damage the heavy defense units and I have not pulled a magic user :(.

Well if you've done the training maps, you'd should have Cecilia, who's a green magic user, although you'd have to train her up. Raigh is given to you at the beginning as well, although I don't believe he's all that good.

Cerium

I wasn't expecting this map to give me some real trouble but it is. That fucking green mage hanging out in the back is causing me all kinds of problems.

PK Gaming

TFW you beat Narcian on Hard:

3heB3bT.png

elty

Well if you've done the training maps, you'd should have Cecilia, who's a green magic user, although you'd have to train her up. Raigh is given to you at the beginning as well, although I don't believe he's all that good.

Speaking of Cecillia how do you use her escape route skill? Does it only work on herself or anyone?

NeonZ

Am I missing some kind of joke with arthurs art? He looks like some kind of prank in art form.

It's basically Codename STEAM style art. He also had a card with that style in the FE Cipher card game. I guess it's meant to be a joke on how his personality is old time super hero-like.

Golnei

i know it probably would have ballooned the cost significantly but man

i miss pixel animations so much

Maybe a middle ground between bespoke pixel art and paper doll animations like Brave Exivus could have worked out, but there's no way they'd have been able to achieve an acceptable cast size for a similar budget.

I wonder if it'd have been possible to reuse as much as possible from the GBA games in order to balance the cost of new spritework out, but I'm not sure that art, as much as I like it, would be the best fit for a modern mobile game - it'd basically require the rest of the game to be tailored to fit it, aesthetically; which would either result in sprites that clash with the game's presentation, or the game as a whole looking outdated. But maybe that isn't as much of an issue, going by how Record Keeper hasn't done badly despite its SNES-inspired style.

Cerium

I'm confused. Are you guys pulling 5 stars or upgrading? If upgrading how are you getting the feathers and greaters?

Most of us are pulling them, but it's very possible to have 20,000 feathers now after the 10,000 free bonus and a week of Arena plus releasing a few heroes.

Biggest problem I'm having on the Narcian map is that the colored mages can one shot most of my heroes even at level 40. Lyn can't take a hit from blue, Cordelia can't take a hit from green, Takumi also gets oneshot by the... I think the blue one.

I don't have anyone else high enough to swap out with either. I'm stuck with these guys.

jwhit28

Minerva is great. She is the definition of glass cannon but I feel comfortable sending her against anything besides the red dragons.

Sending her at the archer and then pulling back and having Kagero assassinate all the chasers is how I beat Narcian.

kswiston

I also beat 3* Narcian.

I levelled Camilla to lv 39 (from 38, so it didn't take long), and she gained 1 HP, 1 Def, and 1 Res, which was everything I was hoping for. I tried my same tactic again: rushing the archer, tanking 1 hit from Narcian and the green mage (blue mage has that weapon advantage skill, so he hits 0 on Camilla), and then retreating and healing to tank the second hit from Narcian. Again Camilla was killed.

I realized that Vengeance (on Narcian) was attack plus 50% of damage taken, not regular attack damage (don't know why I made that mistake, since my own characters have that skill), so tanking a second hit was not feasible. Camilla had previously hit him for 26, and he does 11 damage normally. Even with a heal and more life, I end up with 23 HP, and his charged Vengeance hit is 24 hp.

On my final attempt, I took out the Archer with Camilla as usual, tanked a round of hits, and then killed Narcian instead of retreating for healing. The Green mage hit me for 2 less than my remaining life, and I was able to retreat Camilla back over the mountains, giving me all the time in the world to heal and prep as the 3 remaining enemy units circled.

I still needed to level Camilla to 39 to tank that second Blue Mage hit, so that part wasn't a waste. Today wasn't very productive though. Dying on Narcian 4 times ate up 60 stamina.

jtan

Is it worth it to unlock potential on some of the 3 star heroes? Or is that a waste of feathers?

Really want to for Oboro, but not sure if she can be pulled as a 4 star or higher.

Gotchaye

Is it worth it to unlock potential on some of the 3 star heroes? Or is that a waste of feathers?

Really want to for Oboro, but not sure if she can be pulled as a 4 star or higher.

I think that mostly what you want to be doing is building up a 5* roster. If you have a 3* that would work well as a 5*, in a role that you're not that likely to fill soon, then go ahead and bump them up to 4*. This is only 10% of the feather cost of promoting them to 5* so there's not a huge opportunity cost here. For example, I don't have a useful green 5*, so I've promoted Anna a couple times and now she's a level 20 4*. Because she started at 2* I had to promote her twice already, but in the end I'll have paid only 11% more feathers than someone who promoted a natural 4* to 5*. So initial rarity just doesn't mean much except that you have to spend time or crystals leveling them.

I wouldn't worry too much about "wasting" the feathers on a hero that you could pull as a 5* anyway. You're very unlikely to do that. And since going from 3* to 4* isn't that expensive it's also not worth worrying too much about wasting feathers when you might pull a 4* version later.

jwhit28

As long as your team is balanced I think you can get by just using your favorites unless you are shooting for the arena top spot.

Omnicent

man some of these training maps.
Hector, Effie, Azura, Laslow, Healer.
I saw 2 blues and a red and figured my sharena should be good. The last lv40 map went smoothly, but Azura pushed my shit in. She hits pretty hard for a singer/dancer and I was not ready.
Didn't help that my oliva is just dancing fodder level right now.

jtan

I wouldn't worry too much about "wasting" the feathers on a hero that you could pull as a 5* anyway. You're very unlikely to do that. And since going from 3* to 4* isn't that expensive it's also not worth worrying too much about wasting feathers when you might pull a 4* version later.

As long as your team is balanced I think you can get by just using your favorites unless you are shooting for the arena top spot.

Ohh alright, thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go ahead and do it!

Okamid3n

I also beat 3* Narcian.

I levelled Camilla to lv 39 (from 38, so it didn't take long), and she gained 1 HP, 1 Def, and 1 Res, which was everything I was hoping for. I tried my same tactic again: rushing the archer, tanking 1 hit from Narcian and the green mage (blue mage has that weapon advantage skill, so he hits 0 on Camilla), and then retreating and healing to tank the second hit from Narcian. Again Camilla was killed.

I realized that Vengeance (on Narcian) was attack plus 50% of damage taken, not regular attack damage (don't know why I made that mistake, since my own characters have that skill), so tanking a second hit was not feasible. Camilla had previously hit him for 26, and he does 11 damage normally. Even with a heal and more life, I end up with 23 HP, and his charged Vengeance hit is 24 hp.

On my final attempt, I took out the Archer with Camilla as usual, tanked a round of hits, and then killed Narcian instead of retreating for healing. The Green mage hit me for 2 less than my remaining life, and I was able to retreat Camilla back over the mountains, giving me all the time in the world to heal and prep as the 3 remaining enemy units circled.

I still needed to level Camilla to 39 to tank that second Blue Mage hit, so that part wasn't a waste. Today wasn't very productive though. Dying on Narcian 4 times ate up 60 stamina.

What I did was use a ton of boosting abilities and round them up around Camillia, then I did the same thing you did. My Camillia is level 40 and she survived easily.

I, too, died once trying to make Camillia retreat, only to get vengeance'd.

---

I improved my Arena score a little, it's in the 4200s now and I'm back in the 5000~10000 bracket but it has 0% chance of holding. I don't think I can do much better, though.

It's really tough having to use very specific characters in a game where you get them randomly.

As said earlier I managed to beat Narcian on Hard with 2 Takumis and a 2* Lissa and Olivia.

What I did was equip one Takumi with his weakest weapon. This allowed him to survive the first pull as only the swordsman and archer attacked him since Takumi was not able to kill the Archer.

The next turn Narcian came close to be killed by my other Takumi and I was able to retreat my weaker Takumi to safety. The tricky part here was that the green mage is able to kill that Takumi with one hit. So I spent several rounds failing that part. Managed to retreat him by using Olivia to completely get Takumi out of the Danger Zone.

Once all that was done it was a lot simpler and I just spent the turns with baiting them for my other Takumi.

Acerac

Banned
If I have a 3* Eliwood should I build him up with Gunter?

Good question. I have loved leveling Gunter up from 2*, but I'm not sure who would be a worthy compliment.

I have heard Sully can be good with them as well, she has some very strong matchups against common opponents.

Quixzlizx

I just beat hard Narcian with lvl 36 Young Tiki, 33 Serra, 36 Takumi, 31 Saizo (he did absolutely nothing but stay out of harm's way).

Tiki was just barely able to tank the opening hits from the blue mage and sword guy, and I immediately retreated two spaces and healed her, and drew the enemy units into the corridor of death. Tiki was the GOAT, Takumi one-shot Narcian but didn't do much else, and Serra tanked a hit and healed Tiki.

OceanBlue

I need to stop leveling random characters. I'm tempted to use feathers on all of them to get them to 4* but then I'll never 5* the ones I need to.

Okamid3n

Ooooh, so you only need one featured hero in the Arena for max points? Now I feel dumb for believing the stuff I read the other day. Goodbye Lucina, hellow Ryoma.

wrongway

Are the servers for this having a hard time tonight? I'm giving the game a try, and attempting to get a starter team I want within a few handy rerolls, but the patch downloads are super slow and the game keeps hanging on the swirly blue loading icon.

ggx2ac

I dropped below 5k in rank but I won't spend more money on orbs to get any 5* characters I could use to counter Takumi.

I'll be waiting for next week to see if new story chapters appear and any other kinds of promotions for free orbs.

Yes, back on top.

So you had an average of 648 points per win. That's pretty much the ceiling until you go against any teams with level 40 + x characters to get more than 648 points in a match.

Cerium

Is that the recommended course of action?
You'll get higher max stats (or rather reach your max in more categories) and the icon portrait gets a glowing teal background. I think your level will also display as 40+ when you're at cap.

Since you also have a Lucina I would do the fusion yeah. Only reason you wouldn't is if you actually plan on running two Marths at the same time.

Shun

I dropped below 5k in rank but I won't spend more money on orbs to get any 5* characters I could use to counter Takumi.

I'll be waiting for next week to see if new story chapters appear and any other kinds of promotions for free orbs.

So you had an average of 648 points per win. That's pretty much the ceiling until you go against any teams with level 40 + x characters to get more than 648 points in a match.

Yeah I know I can get more efficient if I run into more Hector teams and if I get lucky enough to roll duplicates to merge my characters together.

But once you get to near my rank, the point differential is so close that even single digit numbers are enough to get you a few ranks ahead of other people.

I really enjoy how eSports smartphone games are with their ranking system.

I really want to see if I'm capable of hitting the top 100 rank mark without being a whale.

Nowak94

Neo Member
Why not wait until you really need it? No reason to do it now IMO unless you're serious about arena

Yeah I'll wait until I get a better feel for the game.

You'll get higher max stats (or rather reach your max in more categories) and the icon portrait gets a glowing teal background. I think your level will also display as 40+ when you're at cap.

Since you also have a Lucina I would do the fusion yeah. Only reason you wouldn't is if you actually plan on running two Marths at the same time.

Thanks for the information, I'll keep that in mind.

Quixzlizx

I feel hopeless about arena now that I know there are probably lots of other teams that employ the 40+40+40+scrub dancer/healer formation. I only have 2 5*, so I don't know if I can overcome those teams. Maybe I was just double screwed by the map layout I pulled, which was the one where there were 2 units in each corner, and one of the pairs was Robin + Olivia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom