• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors Famitsu info: Characters, gameplay info [Up: Screenshots]

Switching characters mid map is always appreciated for decreasing repetition.
The character focus is as expected right down to the original characters and chosen entries to focus on, guess I'll put aside my Black Knight hopes for more modern dudes like Virion.

Guess I'm going to be using Pegasus Knights against Archers.
Knights against Mages while I'm at it.

Hope theres a triangle attack

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to this. I loved Hyrule Warriors and like the FE characters/waifus but have never been big on the gameplayin the series so this should be right up my alley.

Anteo

This is true if you get your attack off first!

True! Both clases can murder each other depending on who initiates. Still, makes more sense to use the "archers are effective against pks" instead. That line is repeated in one way or another in each game.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'd make a list of female Fire Emblem characters who wear pants/tights/anything that hides their thighs, but I feel like the usual suspects are going to continue to derail the thread and move goalposts.

saw some more translations on twitter by 黒凧 BlackKite

Shion and Lian are the main protagonists.
Although twins, it's specified that Lian is the elder sister (姉) to Shion.

Darios (original character)
the new original sub-character in Fire Emblem Warriors
sword user

Yuana (original character)

mother of Shion & Lian in #FEWarriors. Her husband the king has already passed away so she's ruling as the queen.

EDIT
more info translated

Background Story

Fire Emblem Warriors takes place in the Kingdom of Aitrice, where the story starts with the kingdom getting suddenly attacked by monsters. The protagonist twin siblings Shion and Lian became separated from their mother Queen Yuana. Prince Darios of Guston, who happened to visit Aitrice during the attack, found Shion and Lian, calmed them down, and protected them as they escape from the castle. And thus, Shion and Lian's battle to take back their homeland begins.

Characters

Fire Emblem Warriors will feature new characters original to the game. The original characters introduced are as follows:

Shion (voiced by Yuuma Uchida) - The legitimate child of the royal Aitrice family. He aspires to be a knight fighting in the frontlines rather than a king, so he wants to push his twin elder sister Lian to become the crown princess.

Lian (voiced by Maaya Uchida) - Shion's twin elder sister. She's a wise person and understands her own weakness, so she's reluctant to be the successor to the throne, and wants to push Shion to become the crown prince.

Darios (voiced by Takuya Sato) - Prince of the Kingdom of Guston. He taught swordsmanship to Shion and academics to Lian, so he's like an elder brother to both of them.

Yuana (voiced by Yuka Nagayoshi) - Queen of the Kingdom of Aitrice and mother of Shion and Lian. Her husband the King has already passed away, and although she's troubled with neither of her children wanting to inherit the throne, she kindly watches over them growing up.

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/5593-fire-emblem-warriors-first-details-from-famitsu

rhandino

Banned
mother of Shion & Lian in #FEWarriors. Her husband the king has already passed away so she's ruling as the queen.
Well, this sounds really interesting.

Now they only need to announce that Tharja, Caeda and that all Royals from Fates are in this game and Japan will buy this in droves, DROVES!

McNum

With Pegasus Knights being used as the example, I hope that means we get a playable one. Caeda would be the obvious pick, but there's the Whitewings (because the Triangle Attack in a Musou game would be gloriously over the the top, more so than in Echoes), Cordelia, Sumia, Hinoka, or even Subaki to pick from. And that's not even counting Wyvern Riders. We gotta have Minerva, right?

How would a flying mount even work for a game like this? I can only imagine it'll be amazingly OP as main characters in these games tend to be.

The elephant, or dragon, in the room is of course Tiki. She's in two of those games, and her fighting style boils down to "is a dragon". Now that would be gloriously crazy in a Musou game, and that's why I want it. Dragon all the things!

Character Announcements:
The vast majority of characters will be from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates.

God dammit. I mean, I get it. Capitalize on the series characters that are the most recent and sold well but throw some classic FE fans a bone here.

Yes, I know Marth is in it, but honestly speaking forget him. Give me Sigurd, Sain, Fyr, Florina, Nephenee, Jill, etc.

They should do a character vote like they did for Heroes for classic FE characters for future DLC/add-ons.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The majority of the characters coming from the first game, Awakening, and Fates has killed my hype.
On one hand, me too. On the other hand, I like Awakening and Fates a lot, so...

Shadow Dragon shouldn't get a pass just because it was first. Its supporting cast is the most bland, vanilla cast in the entire franchise. Add Marth and maybe the OG Pegasus sisters (which could easily be skins for the same character even) and call it a day.

Sad that the main focus is on Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates. Ike and Roy better get in at least because of Smash presence. I was really looking forward to having representation from all the Fire Emblem games, oh well. If there is going to be horse rider characters Camus sure as hell better be in it.

Kevinroc

Not surprised that a majority of characters would be taken from the first game, Awakening, and Fates.

Would be a little surprised if Ike and Roy don't show up in the base game. Making them DLC/saving them for a potential sequel seems a bit weird considering their popularity. (And yes, I know a lot of that popularity comes from Smash Bros.)

God dammit. I mean, I get it. Capitalize on the series characters that are the most recent and sold well but throw some classic FE fans a bone here.

Yes, I know Marth is in it, but honestly speaking forget him. Give me Sigurd, Sain, Fyr, Florina, Nephenee, Jill, etc.

They should do a character vote like they did for Heroes for classic FE characters for future DLC/add-ons.
I mean, they said mostly not solely. I'm sure we're gonna get other character from other installments, just not a lot.

Totakeke

Given how awful the story is in FEH, I don't have high hopes for another original setting. I assume that's not all the original characters unless they reuse villains.

-The characters that appear are generally from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Fire Emblem Awakening, as well as Fire Emblem Fates. This won’t be a gathering of the protagonists from across the series.
-The first thing that was decided was “to do a Musou game that Fire Emblem fans would enjoy.”

These two things are contradictory
I refuse to call anything post Awakening Fire Emblem.

Draxal

These two things are contradictory
I refuse to call anything post Awakening Fire Emblem.

You can do a checklist.

Anything past ________ is not Fire Emblem.
1. Fire Emblem Thracia 776
2. Fire Emblem Blazing Blade
3. Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
4. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (Rd's reception is mixed)
5. Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem
6. Fire Emblem Awakening

I'm in checkbox 1 myself.

Golnei

You can do a checklist.

6. Fire Emblem Awakening

7. Vestaria Saga is the only real Fire Emblem game.

IronLich

So you're telling me a Fire Emblem Musou game might NOT have Black Knight in it?

Fepr-Blackknight.jpg

The guy who is essentially the franchise's version of Lu Bu, who can just warp around with his own theme, and put the fear of GOD into no-name soldiers? It's too much work to make room for that?

I don't like where this is going...

You can do a checklist.

6. Fire Emblem Awakening

Wow. Who would want to think like this.

rhandino

Banned
So you're telling me a Fire Emblem Musou game might NOT have Black Knight in it?

The guy who is essentially the franchise's version of Lu Bu, who can just warp around with his own theme, and put the fear of GOD into no-name soldiers? It's too much work to make room for that?

I don't like where this is going...
Lu Bu equivalent is totally going to be Warhal

TreIII

Pretty much predicted that the series we saw in the teaser were going to be all we were going to get this time around. Even though I dared to hope to be surprised.

But I would have had more respect if they just said "these are the ones we want to focus on because they're the most recent entrants and Marth's generation is still the most endearing", instead of "for the sake of roster diversity". Like Hector and Ephraim don't exist, for example.

Piers

It'd be nice if they brought back Adventure Maps and imposed FE rules on players in them; you have to recruit characters in squares before using them, they can die for real, and characters start from level zero exclusively. (So as to incorporate FE's unpredictable stat growth)

Maybe they can also do weapon durability in Adventure Maps.

You can do a checklist.

6. Fire Emblem Awakening

You forgot our boy Marth :(

Josephl64

Getting this game just because Shadow Dragon is in it. I might've skipped it otherwise since Fates and Awakening didn't click with me.

I wonder how Pegasus Knights will be handled. Sheeda better have a wing spear this time unlike Heroes, and I want triangle attacks to be in. That's all I ask.

The reason all the protagonists from the Fire Emblem games are not being included is because if they did that, everyone would be using a sword.

why give your original characters donut steel swords then

Top Bottom