• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firewatch - E32015 - PS4 / PC

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Anyone else got shivers when she said "then who is?"

Those kind of scenarios always unnerve me...

Me too...it's the kind of scenario that don't need to be dark to be scary.

I just read about this game in GameInformer (last month's issue? Maybe the one before?)

I'm very excited this is coming to the PS4, since my computer is lousy. A very pleasant surprise at Sony's show!
This sounds really interesting (and has the potential to get a bit creepy)- so Day 1 for me.

Jintor

But what is Firewatch?

Looking forwards to the next extension of the Idle Thumbs Videogame Empire. Games, Video Games.

Delilah: means delicate and weak
Delilah: sounds like "the liar"
This game: everything is built to make us expect a twist

The twist: it's a game about a park ranger

v0mitg0d

Funny story.

I was at the Sony Press conference last night, sitting about 30 rows back from the stage where a lot of developers/VO artist (like Troy Baker) were sitting, wearing my Idle Thumbs shirt.

About 10 mins before showtime someone puts their hand on my shoulder and says, "Hello, my name is Sean! I couldn't help but notice your shirt from across the way." Completely shocked, I stood up and shook hands. We talked a bit about the podcast and Firewatch. I asked Sean to send Jake over too (Chris wasn't there) to say hello. It was a fun surprise! I took pics with both. Here's the one with Sean for now...

https://twitter.com/heymarkd/status/610659817800118272

CHl_3EfUYAAoyo1.jpg

wouwie

I'm really happy this is coming to consoles. Looks to be a really interesting game and i love the artstyle.

Jonnax

The trailer hooked me. I think out of all the trailers this one is the one that I'm thinking most about. Can't really explain why.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Nope.

Everything is going to be fine forever. Just whistling while I chop wood.

no-hell-no.gif

I bet his funny mood changes right after the "then who is" question.

iNvid02

get you nice and accustomed to the voice on the radio until one night without warning, there is nothing but ......RADIO SILENCE. intermittent static to freak you out while you're all alone out there.
and of course this is when you have to travel back to your tower which seems to be occupied.

Grief.exe

Depends on where you live, lots of these indie mid-price indie games (Gone Home, Ethan Carter, This War of Mine....) get a retail release in Germany. This might too.

Europe, in particular Germany, is still a PC retail stronghold. You wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if you went to the PC section of a US retail store...

Gr8one

Firewatch really caught my eye at the Sony conference, it was a really good trailer, and I love the art style. I'm going to be watching the development closely as i'm interested to see more gameplay footage, mainly to figure out more of what the game is about and what genre it plans to be.

rexor0717

I'll always support anything Idle Thumbs related. Even on its own this game looks really interesting though. Did they reduce the size of his hands because I remember them looking like some Wreck-it Ralph hands?

I'm sure this relationship will turn out a-okay. Absolutely no problems on the horizon here.

Hey there, Delilah
What's it like in New York city?
I'm a thousand miles away
But, girl, tonight you look so pretty
Yes, you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear, it's true

Hey there, Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise
I'm by your side

Oh, it's what you do to me
What you do to me

Hey there, Delilah
I know times are gettin' hard
But just believe me, girl
Someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would
My word is good

Hey there, Delilah
I've got so much left to say
If every simple song I wrote to you
Would take your breath away
I'd write it all
Even more in love with me you'd fall
We'd have it all

A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'd just laugh along because we'd know
That none of them have felt this way
Delilah, I can promise you
That by the time that we get through
The world will never ever be the same
And you're to blame

Hey there, Delilah
You be good, and don't you miss me
Two more years and you'll be done with school
And I'll be makin' history like I do
You know it's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there, Delilah, here's to you
This one's for you

What you do to me, oh oh, woah, woah
Oh woah, oh
Oh

Sloane

Banned
Game still looks and sounds awesome. Just hope there'll be an option to fix the FOV because I doubt I'll be able to play it this way.

Yep, to me that was way more of a red flag than "BUT WHO WAS TOWER?!"
Yup, the trailer was incredibly well done!

Melchiah

I've had my eye on this game since I got unveiled, but I've been cautious about getting too excited for it because I was worried it might not come to a platform I own. My hype meter is off the charts for this one. Looks totally unique.

Same here. I was worried it would be PC only. I'm glad it isn't.

Kieli

The trailer was very charming. Laughed at the quips between the main character and supervisor.

Definitely on my radar now.

Top Bottom