• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firewatch - E32015 - PS4 / PC

Meier

Can't wait! Moss is a legend and his art has been translated so effectively. Harry Crane dipping his toes into the game voice over pool too.

Nzyme32

Firewatch really caught my eye at the Sony conference, it was a really good trailer, and I love the art style. I'm going to be watching the development closely as i'm interested to see more gameplay footage, mainly to figure out more of what the game is about and what genre it plans to be.

I've been following this since the announcement of the studio Campo Santo in 2013 and its game announcement back in something like March 2014 due to the people they have.

The game's art style and pallet choices are sublime. I can't wait to just crank the image IQ as far as possible

firewatch-4.jpg

firewatch-1.jpg

firewatch-6.jpg

firewatch_150305_06.png

Kade

I've been anticipating this since it was announced last March. Glad to see it's coming to other platforms.

hiryu

Game has superb voice acting and an outstanding art style. I'm definitely going to pick it up. I love how natural the conversation and small talk seems.

Serra

Trailer was interesting. Giant Bomb first put this game on my radar with them joking about it. Hoping to hear price tag and release date.

As a side note, I really dislike them listing Bioshock as an influence when that particular bit was ripped straight from System Shock 2. Same devs and all but it still did the whole "friendly voice guiding you along has deceived you and is a bad-guy"-thing much better.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
I've been following this since the announcement of the studio Campo Santo in 2013 and its game announcement back in something like March 2014 due to the people they have.

The game's art style and pallet choices are sublime. I can't wait to just crank the image IQ as far as possible

So beautiful. And some people still talk shit about Unity engine.

Haunted

turtle!

Cut wires and missing girls, I like that we're getting some more hints about the possible mystery at the core of this game, even if they turn out to be red herrings.

also, g-g-ghosts!?!

Haunted

Funny story.

I was at the Sony Press conference last night, sitting about 30 rows back from the stage where a lot of developers/VO artist (like Troy Baker) were sitting, wearing my Idle Thumbs shirt.

About 10 mins before showtime someone puts their hand on my shoulder and says, "Hello, my name is Sean! I couldn't help but notice your shirt from across the way." Completely shocked, I stood up and shook hands. We talked a bit about the podcast and Firewatch. I asked Sean to send Jake over too (Chris wasn't there) to say hello. It was a fun surprise! I took pics with both. Here's the one with Sean for now...

https://twitter.com/heymarkd/status/610659817800118272

CHl_3EfUYAAoyo1.jpg
Sean "Famous" Vanaman, indeed.

Double Fine, Supergiant, and now Campo Santo. So much love for these Bay Area studios. Didn't think I'd be playing Firewatch on my PS4 by glad to see that's not the case. The latter half of 2015 is filling out quite nicely.

Been excited for this game before I even knew about it. Just the announcement of the formation of Campo Santos was enough get me pumped for whatever these guys were going to do. REALLY happy it's coming to PS4. Glad Sony is continuing to attract great indie offerings. I'm not a PC gamer.

Trailer was interesting. Giant Bomb first put this game on my radar with them joking about it. Hoping to hear price tag and release date.

As a side note, I really dislike them listing Bioshock as an influence when that particular bit was ripped straight from System Shock 2. Same devs and all but it still did the whole "friendly voice guiding you along has deceived you and is a bad-guy"-thing much better.

I hear you but in talking about influences, they are trying to let people know what to expect. So it helps to cite games that people have actually played at some point in the last 10 years or so. I really like how they're talking openly about those influences. All games I love.

Grief.exe

I hear you but in talking about influences, they are trying to let people know what to expect. So it helps to cite games that people have actually played at some point in the last 10 years or so. I really like how they're talking openly about those influences. All games I love.

Makes me sad that people don't play System Shock 2. So damn good, still holds up as one of the best games of all time.

Serra

So it helps to cite games that people have actually played at some point in the last 10 years or so. I really like how they're talking openly about those influences.

Well, the thing is that gamers aren't stupid. Firewatch isn't going to appeal to the guys who just play Cod/halo/battlefield with their friends.

Really, im just salty that Bioshock is so well known when System Shock 2 is SO MUCH BETTER in pretty much every way except graphics.

Makes me sad that people don't play System Shock 2. So damn good, still holds up as one of the best games of all time.
*brofist*

Moss

I'll always support anything Idle Thumbs related. Even on its own this game looks really interesting though. Did they reduce the size of his hands because I remember them looking like some Wreck-it Ralph hands?

The hands are the same size but we did adjust the FOV!

I'm pretty interested in this game. Unfortunately my enthusiasm is a bit exhausted with shenmue 3 this e3. But I well definitely play this when it comes out. Love the look and the chatter.

I'm pretty interested in this game. Unfortunately my enthusiasm is a bit exhausted with shenmue 3 this e3. But I well definitely play this when it comes out. Love the look and the chatter.

Haha I understand the feels, but unlike S3, Firewatch exists and is aiming to be released this year. That's pretty exciting, no?

Haha I understand the feels, but unlike S3, Firewatch exists and is aiming to be released this year. That's pretty exciting, no?

Definitely. I'll play it when it comes out. I just think it's crazy that even without Sony's big three announcements they still had a pretty good conference. Those just sucked all the air out of the room for anything else. Any other year firewatch could have been my game of the show

Definitely. I'll play it when it comes out. I just think it's crazy that even without Sony's big three announcements they still had a pretty good conference. Those just sucked all the air out of the room for anything else. Any other year firewatch could have been my game of the show

Yeah I felt bad for those Devolver titles, Firewatch, and even NMS, due to the inclusion of those other really big announcements (not that I wouldn't still have them). Here's hoping within the next month or two we get a firmer release date from Campo Santo.

andylsun

Love the look of this game. Almost like a Cyan Worlds game but in a rural setting.

Found out about it through Cabel's Panic blog. Buying Day One.

Edit: Any idea of the rating the game is shooting for? Hopefully it's something my daughter can play (so Teen) rather than M.

Top Bottom