• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First E3 Poster in Downtown LA spotted.

zma1013

That subtitle is completely unnecessary the more I look at it.

The funny part is that you can rearrange the words and it doesn't matter.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Horizon: Dawn Zero
Dawn: Horizon Zero
Dawn: Zero Horizon
Zero: Dawn Horizon
Zero: Horizon Dawn

J.EM1

Can't wait to see more. I was in DTLA near the Convention Center two weeks ago. So much construction, almost every other block.

DieH@rd

Banned
It occurs that Sony's conference is going to have a lot of the same stuff as last year, lol

It does not have to be.

We will get updates about TLG and Horizon, but I expect at least 2 big 1st party unveils [God of War and Sony Bend game], plus few 3rd party unveils [RE7, Destiny expansion]. GTSport is more EU-focused title, I expect more of it at Gamescom/PGW.

If this happens I would be very happy, but there is always a chance Sony will drop the bomb again and give us E3 of Dreams v2.

It begins. Where are the boxes?

https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/735168365870866432

CjPaQrdUUAEnGCi.jpg:large

so goddamn beautiful

Worth noting: just because a game is getting huge advertising doesn't neccsarily mean it's releasing the same year.

Final Fantasy XIII was on the Hotel Figueria (sic) but that was advertised on the posters as a 2010 release, not 2009. I want to be wrong and hope Horizon comes out this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was't and it was a early 2017 release instead.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Unveil trailer clearly featured shots from the orbit of the Earth [lights going off in our cities].

I've never really paid any attention to any trailers, I just know the game exists and is basically no-technology humans vs robot dinosaurs for some reason.

- J - D -

Can't wait to see more. I was in DTLA near the Convention Center two weeks ago. So much construction, almost every other block.

Across from the convention center? There was still copious construction going on when I was there back in July, lol.

I-hate-u

Surprised Alloy (protagonist) is not on the poster. I would have figured they would have pushed her in the marketing.

tcrunch

huh. Didn't some new information about robotic dinosaurs come out recently? I thought futurontologists had demonstrated conclusively that these animals will have feathers. Here, I did a brief mock-up of what a real robotic t-rex will look like:

I hope the devs can correct the game by the time it comes out. I would hate to have my immersion ruined by an unrealistic robotic dinosaur!

Worth noting: just because a game is getting huge advertising doesn't neccsarily mean it's releasing the same year.

Final Fantasy XIII was on the Hotel Figueria (sic) but that was advertised on the posters as a 2010 release, not 2009. I want to be wrong and hope Horizon comes out this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was't and it was a early 2017 release instead.

Hell, look at last year: Uncharted 4 was splashed across the convention building but didn't come out till nearly a year later.

Ydelnae

It seems the marketing strategy for Horizon is to add nonsensical subtitles. I'm already awaiting that Horizon Zero Dawn Duodecim Prologus: Light No (Demo)

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, horizon subtitle is stupid as shit.

Having said that, having that title probably makes searching for it on YouTube and Google infinitely more discoverable versus just horizon.

Try it. Go to Google and put in horizon.

Gurish

What a beautiful poster, does it mean we're gonna see this environment in the new demo?

I bet it's probably Sony's main showing like they did with U4 last year. (they also focused on advertising it as their main game at the show last year)

Obviously there will be some surprises but I think they're gonna close their show with Horizon.

Right, if anything, this is just indicating that it will be heavily featured at the conference and possibly at the playable booths or what not.

KZObsessed

My most anticipated game. By far the most interesting looking new IP. Or IP in general.

Hope SONY give them all the time they need, last time they did that they created KILLZONE 2, one of my favorite games ever.

Redeem yourselves Guerrilla Games.

J.EM1

Across from the convention center? There was still copious construction going on when I was there back in July, lol.
Yep.. in and around the Convention Center and LA Live. I used to work DTLA and haven't been there in years. So many new developments. Looked almost unrecognizable to me. lol

Top Bottom