• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox 360 images released

RyudBoy

Some more. Here the lighting difference is more drastic. Xbox One bottom.

Hjna1Kr.png

xam6wff.png

fhovfRf.jpg

eLX0pwQ.jpg

Yup, pretty big difference, though I'd be happy if I only had a 360.

I should also add "when the publisher cares, too."

At least they're not burying this like they did Titanfall 360. It's more impressive when you let developers flex their skill in public.

Titanfall was a whole other beast compare to Tomb Raider. I mean they tried. lol

Koralsky

Bow down to Nixxes again. Amazing (porting for now) studio. IMO, on par with M2 and Bluepoint Games.

Hope they're behind PC and PS4 versions.

Bow down to Nixxes again. Amazing (porting for now) studio. IMO, on par with M2 and Bluepoint Games.

Hope they're behind PC and PS4 version.

Considering their past history of doing ports for this series, and also considering that Crystal Dynamics are apparently going straight on to a third Tomb Raider, I would imagine there's a very high chance that's exactly what they'll do next.

Mahonay

Banned
Tomb Raider is definitely looking like one of the higher quality downports, especially compared to the efforts we've seen this year from other current gen-last gen ports.

JayB1920

Wonder what is going on here. Day one patch? One a pirated version? Here are shots from 2 different youtube playthroughs of the 360 version. Ignore the horrible black crush. Would be easier to compare without it but this is all there is.

HwJRnUW.jpg
(missing sun effect)
swoVmNs.jpg

BvqZWpj.jpg
(missing plants behind Lara)
h2X9TYX.jpg

JBhQ0eh.jpg
(missing plant shadows)
vK4c29n.jpg

OlLfsac.jpg
(missing shadows and wet effect)
Gj9bpNk.jpg

shinnn

Dam, I guess this will be the 360's swan song. I thought Halo 4 was was gonna be the last game to push the 360 to it's max. Seeing how good this looks makes me think of BO3 on last gen being a hot mess was due to the devs and not because it's purely next gen hardware.
TR reboot came after Halo 4. It was already better than H4 graphics. Lighting is amazing.

jet1911

i guess the game was developped with the 360 version in mind the whole time. At least everyone will have a quality product to buy.

shinnn

Kinda funny compare the two versions. X360 looks like an prototype, pre-alpha. Missing all the post-effects, shaders, lighting etc.

JitteryBareDoe.gif
AngryHealthyFurseal.gif

motion blur:
InformalHilariousAltiplanochinchillamouse.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It does look much flatter. On the other hand, i think the current gen version is post processed to hell, i wish they had dialed that down a bit.

But taken in a vacuum, the 360 version is more than acceptable, the XB1 version is just more polished and better looking in general

Looking at the 360 version makes me even more sad about the weak current gen consoles we got.. :( Especially since this might be my last gen as a person interested in games..

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Looking at the 360 version makes me even more sad about the weak current gen consoles we got.. :( Especially since this might be my last gen as a person interested in games..

If your no longer interested in games, what does it matter? Efficiency and profitability is how the industry is going, and it seems to be working for keeping the companies supplying/investing in these games around supporting the industry, so its all good in my book

Top Bottom