• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five year old kid writes a story, 29 year old man animates it. The result is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

Just got my Wexter tee in the mail yesterday.

It's the best t-shirt of an axe wielding cop riding a dinosaur that has machine guns for arms, that I've ever seen.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
OMG how did I miss this?

I love how all of us are just all 5 year olds at heart. AXE COOOOP!

lmao at the new Ask Axe Cop. Wexter in a cat suit holy shit

Tomorrow, we do it all again because my job is not day shift or night shift. It's always shift.

Remember your job is always

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
It's hilarious to see the real life personality of the kid in the ideas. Axe Cop's worst enemy is a lamp that turns on early in the morning. This idea is totally a projection of something that actually happens inside the kid's house every morning :lol

Bregor

Axe Cop to team up with Dr McNinja:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/19/axe-cop-dr-mcninja-teamup/

axeninja.jpg

AxecopAxecan.jpg

axe_cop_promo-michaelmaher_02.jpg

What do you get when you take an Eisner-nominated cartoonist, pair him with his six-year-old brother and give them free reign?

You get Axe Cop, which debuted as a webcomic series, and quickly blossomed into an eye-catching epic that got the Internet talking. The unlikely story of an axe-wielding policeman taking on others even more strange came from the mind of Malachai Nicolle, the six year-old brother of 29 year-old Chumble Fuzz creator Ethan Nicolle. Ethan takes the ideas of his brother and fleshes them out to comic book form.

Garnering the attention of readers and publisher’s alike, Dark Horse ultimately signed up the Nicolle brothers the publisher debuted a special ashcan at Comic-Con International last month to precede both a collection of the webseries in December as well as a new print-only miniseries in the spring.

I got to talk to Ethan for a while at Comic Con, and he is such a fucking nice guy. I asked him if he ever dreamed of becoming this successful, and he said he'd always hoped he would some how but NEVER expected it to be with Axe Cop. He said of all the things he's created, he's only actually copyrighted Axe Cop because he doesn't want anything to happen to his little brother's creation. When publishers started asking for the rights to sell Axe Cop books, he referred them to his agent, and apparently there was a MASSIVE bidding war between every comic publisher except Marvel and DC for the rights. Dark Horse eventually won, which is totally bad ass. He said he also has the same merchandisers as the Ninja Turtles, and they're taking really good care of him and showing him the ropes, what to do, what not to do, etc. He even said there've been offers for an Axe Cop video game!

I am so happy for this guy and his brother. This is totally what I want to happen to me some day and the fact that he got it, with such a crazy but awesome concept, is just too cool. I bought a bitchin' Axe Cop logo shirt to show my support. :D

Teknoman

Looking through this topic brings me back to elementary school days (1-3rd grade anyway) of everyone making comics for "reading time" and every bad guy having acid swords and laser boomerangs :lol

Awesome to see brothers working together like this, especially with something so crazy.

mantidor

This is the first comic ever in which I'm having a hard time picking up my favorite character.

The best fairy ever is close, but so is wexter, and the uni-family. Hell even Axe Cop, and I usually hate the main character of anything, how is this comic even possible?

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Crakatak187 said:
I hope his little brother maintains his youthful imagination for a long time.

I love this comic - but the sad thing is that it doesn't have indefinite longevity (hell, nothing does really except maybe iconic heroes), but eventually novelty will wear off amongst the consumer base, and the kid who writes it will grow a little older, and his logic won't be quite as innocent and funny as it is now.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Extollere said:
I love this comic - but the sad thing is that it doesn't have indefinite longevity (hell, nothing does really except maybe iconic heroes), but eventually novelty will wear off amongst the consumer base, and the kid who writes it will grow a little older, and his logic won't be quite as innocent and funny as it is now.
Way to be a downer you jerk.

jambo

Extollere said:
So you end it in a couple of years, nice and early instead of letting it drag on for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom