• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Don't do it.

j6eKSaN.gif

Wilbur

Banned
We shouldn't be playing this formation without ADM. We can't counter without his pace.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Like, I know what LVG is going for. Put more bodies at the back to make less space for the attackers, avoid playing wingers at full back, keep Rooney and van Persie together up top. But our players seem incapable of playing in that system well enough. Whether we'll eventually get there through sheer determination or transfers, I don't know. But his hand is forced a tad due to our squad and injuries.

ADM is crucial to whatever formation we play though, I agree with that.

LVG's always so honest, love it. Doesn't hide behind excuses often, doesn't say we played well when we didn't.

Blablurn

Lahm just said that the team does not even know how to play bad anymore.

All thanks to Peps tactics.

Man. I cannot disagree.

LegoArmo

All pace against Liverpool. Hope Di Maria is back, hope Januzaj plays too.

Falcao would thrive on the atmosphere. Perfect game to make a statement.

dc89

Sometimes I think you become temporarily dyslexic and lose your ability to read.

I will admit, I don't articulate myself well in writing.

Let's have a podcast thingy. Let's get Arnie to host, with all his RBot experience. And then I'll make you see my way of thinking.

I'm like Brenton. I have the gift of the silver tongue.

Wilbur

Banned
one match

one moment

in a lifetime

to seize everything you ever wanted

one opportunity

would you capture it

or just let it slip

Wilbur

Banned
I will admit, I don't articulate myself well in writing.

Let's have a podcast thingy. Let's get Arnie to host, with all his RBot experience. And then I'll make you see my way of thinking.

I'm like Brenton. I have the gift of the silver tongue.

Not ur writing m8, ur reading

They lost.

They were meh with the ball. They didnt take there chances. They lost concentration defensively.

They were worse m8.

So two Southampton players made key mistakes and one United player took advantage, therefore United were the better team? Considering Forster should have dealt with the free kick easily, United didn't really create a single chance.

Wilbur

Banned
Season started Nov 8th lads. We are top of the table :p

All that talk of Moyes being better :lol

We were ninth at this point last season.

I'm willing to give LVG a lot of leeway to be honest, because I like him, because he's funny, because we've had an awful lot of injuries and upheaval and because I believe we'll get there.

Nicktendo86

The last time Manchester United won five Premier League games in a row Sir Alex Ferguson was in charge. It was a 2-1 win over Southampton that triggered a seven-match winning sequence on their way to the title in 2013.
It is written in the stars lads.

scently

Arsenal were all over us right?

Exactly. My point is, we really really need to stop playing it. But I think us winning tough games with it, even if we were really lucky in both games, means we are probably going to keep playing it in tough away matches. I feel its probably going to take a proper walloping for us to abandon it completely.

Marc

All that talk of Moyes being better :lol

We were ninth at this point last season.

I'm willing to give LVG a lot of leeway to be honest, because I like him, because he's funny, because we've had an awful lot of injuries and upheaval and because I believe we'll get there.

Yep, all you had to do was spend a bit of money and watch everyone around you play like planks. ;)

Better to be lucky than good eh Dolecare.

Yen

I expect either Gerrard has a monster of a game or a shit one against United. We'll probably lose.

Now if Sturridge comes back fit and fighting in January, and if we can make a decent signing/get some of our summer misfires going, we have a chance at fourth. (I said something similar in Kenny's season, no doubt)

If anyone can suggest a Netflix film, I'm all ears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom