• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former GameTrailers Crew Announcement 03.21.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Man! This news made my day!

If any of them are reading this post - thanks for taking a chance and sticking together. I'll gladly support whatever you guys come up with.

Mendrox

Some German people speculate that the GameTrailers Crew will work with Rocketbeans.tv (German Twitch/Youtube cast) to fill in the German nightslot with some more good things which would be awesome. Also some shows on their Twitch channel go on hiatus or rather a creative break so it would fit the bill even more. Rocketbeans isn't small either in Germany and last year they had their own E3 coverage and shows which was also big. I could see it. :)

Some German people speculate that the GameTrailers Crew will work with Rocketbeans.tv (German Twitch/Youtube cast) to fill in the German nightslot with some more good things which would be awesome. Also some shows on their Twitch channel go on hiatus or rather a creative break so it would fit the bill even more. Rocketbeans isn't small either in Germany and last year they had their own E3 coverage and shows which was also big. I could see it. :)

That would indeed be amazing. However I think that is very far-fetched and probably won't happen.
But if it does then Schluffe must have to have it's own show that is entirely in German.

Nicko

LET'Z DO THIS!!

7M2rpne.jpg

Posted this over on the other thread as well. A little fun reaction pic from PSX with some fellow Gaffers.

Can't wait for more GT crew goodness!

Ochi

Neo Member

Gametrailers auf deutchland retroactively becoming a thing would be pretty funny

I've never paid a subscription or donated to a patreon for media content, but these guys would be the first. Anxiously awaiting their return.

It's rare to see this happen. Something close down, people get fired - and then to see everyone come back together and start something new.

I don't think there was really an internet model and support service in place that would allow us to keep the 1up crew together, but in the world we live in now, it's possible to keep the GT crew alive. And we should embrace that, especially if you're a big fan of their stuff but in general for everyone who is a fan of gaming and gaming commentary / discussion.

Supporting via subscription and patreon is a good place to start.

sora87

Huber's still handing out his resume as of yesterday, think a few of the others were saying it too last time they streamed so I think whatever this is, it's gonna be low key and on the side

farisr

Huber's still handing out his resume as of yesterday, think a few of the others were saying it too last time they streamed so I think whatever this is, it's gonna be low key and on the side
Well it's still a good idea to be handing out resumes rather than sitting on your hands to wait for whatever venture you may be part of to start up. Especially if it may be relying on direct support from fans. You can't really predict what kind/how much support you're going to get.

Kinyou

I'd already be happy with a weekly GT time successor.

Maybe they can change their mind if they open a patreon/kickstarter , I hope.

Tankard

If they are doing stuff together it's all I need, even if they start slow with twitch streams, it would be an unmeasurable shame to see this group disblanded.

I'm not expecting anything too crazy, at least not to start.

Just give me a weekly podcast, some streams with the boys and I'll be happy.

Now yer talkin'

I can go for a more streamlined approach that just has their podcast, maybe live E3 coverage, some discussions in between. I only really listened to their GT time segments so I like this suggestion, plus I'm sure it would be more economical.

Heartfyre

It'd be wise of them to not be reliant on the unknown extent of the success of whatever venture they're planning. Once they can see if it's running at a sustainable scale, then they can stop handing out C.V.s. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Haunted

Been following their individual streams intermittently, I'm certainly up for more Bosman/Huber/Moore/Ellis action. :D

Best of luck in their new endeavour, whatever it turns out to be.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow as well.
My opinion is that in order to focus on the shows and the streams, they should ditch the traditional video review format, and just keep the "just played" conversation as the sole editorial content. May they can have the odd review just like giantbomb does, but if they keep reviewing every game released as they did until now, I doubt they can properly focus on the content is more palatable for their current audience.

A couple of podcasts and regular scheduled daily streams is what I'm hoping for...with proper YT archives for them all.
Just get back into the swing of things and maybe do some shows for E3 and build from there.
I wish reviews were on the table (I trust Ben and Bloods opinions more than anyone else in the industry), but the effort and resources needed just isn't feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom