• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former GameTrailers Crew Announcement 03.21.2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, not expecting a huge thing. Never did though, no way in fuck patreon can support 8 people or whatever.

I really wonder what is going to come of this though. Not surprised Huber is still handing out resumes. This will not be a full time job methinks.

I know there is only a few hours left, so no point in speculating, but fuck it.

-Every night, a different member will stream for an hour or 2. So you'll tune in at 9pm, and hey! Bosman is streaming GForce today. Cool. They'll rip those from twitch and put them on youtube. Sometimes it'll be just 1 member, sometimes, a few, whatever.

-Once a week, they'll gather together in an office or someones home, and do a large podcast with everyone, or anyone available.

-All your favourite programming will be back. Man ups, d&d, huber hype, full playthrough fridays, final bosman, etc.

-I say reviews are probably gone. Anything that takes a lot of editing is probably gone, so previews too. Instead, they'll have more free form discussions. So just a few guys in a chair, talking about a game, with some video spliced in.

-This one may be a longshot, but I hope they do it. Kinda funny does this thing where every weekday, they go on twitch and read through the days gaming news. Sometimes big stuff, but a lot of the time really small stuff that would never get in a podcast. But with this format, there would be lots of community interaction. Taking questions for instance, and just reading comments.

Dunno, thats what I'm hoping for. So 8 guys can still work at regular jobs, but everyone always has something going for the site. So there is always fresh new content because so many guys are all contributing all hours of the day.

Dmax3901

I'm at work so can't investigate, damn!

I just realised that if they do start up again the fact that they're all still unemployed will make the banter a lot more interesting.

Shang

Somebody please repost what was just posted. I need to see it.

A YouTube channel called Coming Soon created on Feb 10, 2016. Currently has an all-black profile picture and cover photo.

I somewhat doubt it's GT though because Feb 10th seems too soon for it to have been made and there's already a ComingSoon channel on YouTube.

Edit: uh shoot i feel like I'm being a party pooper and should remove this

Dmax3901

A YouTube channel called Coming Soon created on Feb 10, 2016. Currently has an all-black profile picture and cover photo.

I somewhat doubt it's GT though because Feb 10th seems too soon for it to have been made and there's already a ComingSoon channel on YouTube.

Edit: uh shoot i feel like I'm being a party pooper and should remove this

Hype control is always good, we should curb our expectations I think.

Yeah, not expecting a huge thing. Never did though, no way in fuck patreon can support 8 people or whatever.

Dunno, thats what I'm hoping for. So 8 guys can still work at regular jobs, but everyone always has something going for the site. So there is always fresh new content because so many guys are all contributing all hours of the day.

Maybe they can negotiate some kind of groundbreaking Wu-Tang deal where everyone can be employed together as a named crew, but also have solo careers with no conflict of interest... then solo content produced elsewhere can also be published on the crew site/channel a week later.

b96c98dc645949810d38ee75336fd23f.jpg

Ōkami

it begins

if this channel is the new GT, then it's interesting that it doesnt mention videogames. probably means they will talk movies and their trailers now too, which is neat
They were starting to do that already, I remember The Force Awakens was on Trailer Score.

FTF

Really excited to see what they are planning. I'm pretty much on board for whatever they do though.

I hope they have a way to give them money, given their size I think they should make a kickstarter to set everything up, and then a patreon to maintain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom