• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale had Over 1 Million Players on its First Day

How do none of these have any relation to RUST? I am getting RUST vibes all day from this new 'genre" of games.

Because Rust is a different genre. Rust is open world base building in a constant world with PVP or even PVE if you want to do that. You die and respawn back in the same world. Plus Rust doesn't know what it wants to be seeing as how they started off as a DayZ mod ripoff then did their own thing.

PUBG was a fucking copy of h1z1 which was a copy of the culling which was a copy of the arma mod. So yes, i can confidently say FUCK BLUEHOLE when they are threatening a lawsuit over their so called originality.

How the fuck did PlayerUnknown copy h1 and Arma BG Mod when he made them? he copied the culling the game that came out after h1? What the fuck are you on about? Atleast do a little research before you speak.

Anyways I enjoy the game. The small map makes for quicker matches which I don't mind. Would love to see them put in air vehicles which I dont think PUBG will do. Something simple like a small shitty heli that you can craft but can be taken out easily enough. Just to get around the map quicker. Maybe even let it crash into buildings and take it down. Doesn't really remind me of PUBG that much outside of having the same gamemode I guess.

I wish your and your squad foot steps were not as damn loud.
Also I wish the foot step noises changed depending on the surface. They need the overwatch sound designer!
Also the spatial sound location isn't too good especially it doesn't seem to change as you move your view up or down making locating sound source vertically a pain.

When spectating I wish you could switch between squad mates.

A first person mode.

Lying prone.

My god their to-do list must be insanely long.

Head.spawn

PUBG was a fucking copy of h1z1 which was a copy of the culling which was a copy of the arma mod. So yes, i can confidently say FUCK BLUEHOLE when they are threatening a lawsuit over their so called originality.

It's always amazing that people are able to recite all of the similar game modes, yet don't realize that they were all created by the guy who made PUBG.

Also take note that it's an established AAA Studio who have an engine licensed by the Indie developer and they aped their game... they spent like 6-7 years making Fortnite, then saw PUBG get popular and just completely switched gears. It's not like they accidentally modeled their game directly after their business partners title.

I wish your and your squad foot steps were not as damn loud.
Also I wish the foot step noises changed depending on the surface. They need the overwatch sound designer!
Also the spatial sound location isn't too good especially it doesn't seem to change as you move your view up or down making locating sound source vertically a pain.

When spectating I wish you could switch between squad mates.

A first person mode.

Lying prone.

My god their to-do list must be insanely long.

Sound design just needs an overhaul all together.. there was someone jumping on a car near me and I thought there shotguns going off. lol

liezryou

Everyone saying PU invented the genre... well first of all no he didn't (Go look up the minecraft mod Hunger Games). Second of all last i checked game companies hold IPs not individual developers. The idea that bluehole have some some kind of right to the genre exclusively because they hired PU is ridiculous. It doesn't matter what came first or who made it, PUBG is not a unique or wildly innovative game. Anyone claiming they have grounds to sue games like fortnite has no clue what he/she is talking about.

MUnited83

For you.
Everyone saying PU invented the genre... well first of all no he didn't. Second of all last i checked game companies hold IPs not individual developers. The idea that bluehole have some some kind of right to the genre exclusively because they hired PU is ridiculous. It doesn't matter what came first or who made it, PUBG is not a unique or wildly innovative game. Anyone claiming they have grounds to sue games like fortnite has no clue what he/she is talking about.

Well, yes he did, he invented the genre. It's literally how it happened.
"Last you checked"? You didn't do any research it seems. He released the very first BR mode idependently.
And nobody has threatened to sue anyone, so it might be nice to stop making shit up?

liezryou

Well, yes he did, he invented the genre. It's literally how it happened.
"Last you checked"? You didn't do any research it seems. He released the very first BR mode idependently.
And nobody has threatened to sue anyone, so it might be nice to stop making shit up?

Actually my friend it is you that did not do your research. The arma mod was released in 2013 by PU AKA Brendan Greene. A mod of minecraft inspired by and also called the hunger games was released in 2012.

Secondly, the exact quote from bluehole is
The PUBG community has and continues to provide evidence of the many similarities as we contemplate further action.
What the fuck do you think further action means?

MUnited83

For you.
Actually my friend it is you that did not do your research. The arma mod was released in 2013 by PU AKA Brendan Greene. A mod of minecraft inspired by and also called the hunger games was released in 2012.

Secondly, the exact quote from bluehole is What the fuck do you think further action means?

There is a shitload of things between action and suing. As there is between watching the actions of a engine holder they worked with closely to "oh we invented the genre and no one else can do it". It really shows how little you read about what the issue actually is.

The minecraft mod, if you actually bothered to check it, had nothing but a "last player standing wins" in common.

Everyone saying PU invented the genre... well first of all no he didn't (Go look up the minecraft mod Hunger Games). Second of all last i checked game companies hold IPs not individual developers. The idea that bluehole have some some kind of right to the genre exclusively because they hired PU is ridiculous. It doesn't matter what came first or who made it, PUBG is not a unique or wildly innovative game. Anyone claiming they have grounds to sue games like fortnite has no clue what he/she is talking about.

So the reason you didn't actually quote the posts you're responding to is because mine directly addresses the arguments you just made???

##2 - The issue isn't over Bluehole believing they have some alleged claim to the Battle Royale concept and format. Bluehole wouldn't have had grounds to complain (they've said as much) had it been literally anyone else besides Epic to bring out a PUBG alternative like this. However, it was Epic. Bluehole's biggest business partner in the endeavor that is PUBG, undercutting PUBG during a time when PUBG is potentially breaking more and more records by being the first to market with a PUBG 'clone' by leveraging their unique position.
I don't think they'll litigate; I don't think they even have grounds to. Don't get so hung up on that, though. Fortnite Battle Royale is cool, but it's not hard to see how PU and Bluehole might not be suuuuper happy about Epic taking everything they've learned and developed through their collaboration with Bluehole (both tech-wise and how to effectively structure a BR game - mentions of other games might hold up better if Fortnite BR wasn't clearly borrowing from PUBG to a greater extent than it does the other games of this persuasion), and about how Epic has almost immediately appended that knowledge to an existing game of theirs.

Top Bottom