• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Hiding in bushes for life. So damn funny. Check yo bushes people.

There are a lot of bushes in the game. When you're running around during the mid-game, there can be a lot going on and checking every bush just isn't possible. You're probably trying to run to the circle, outrunning someone who was shooting at you earlier, or chasing down a target you just saw on the horizon.

But in the final 5? Yeah, be weary of every bush. Especially if there's only a few people left, a small circle, and a conveniently placed bush.

todahawk

Hiding in bushes for life. So damn funny. Check yo bushes people.

Hell yeah. I hid in bush right next to a small fort and watched three guys duke it out. Lobbed grenades at the house to finish them off and pick up the massive pile of goodies afterwards.

Gotta get in that bush unseen though. Got sniped when I was low on weapons in another match and had to move from one bush to another during a late clinch.

Ploid 3.0

I just had the most unconventional/luckiest win ever. I dropped immediately for once with about 20 other people, and I frantically go into the first house...nothing inside but a spike trap. I lay it down, close the door and run upstairs. 7-8 people proceed to walk in and die to it over the course of the match, loading me up with pretty much everything imaginable, the circle keeps closing in perfectly on the house I’m in. I end up winning with like 11 kills and only one guy towards the end didn’t fall for the trap. I’m assuming he only noticed because of the assload of materials/weapons laying on it, lol.

If you captured this video, it would be the most amazing thing. That is incredible.

Lastly, enabling projectiles for all weapons (not just the Sniper Rifle) is something we’d like to explore. Doing this would allow for tighter accuracy overall. We’ve run prototypes internally and it shows promise, but there are challenges preventing us from turning it on. Once those are sorted out, we’ll consider running a broader test.
That's really awesome to read. Hope it goes well for them.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
The pistol is the most underrated gun in the game. I prefer it for close combat exchanges more than the shotguns or smgs. Thing is both accurate and can fire as fast as you can hit the trigger.
If the guns were more accurate the blue pistol would be halo 1 pistol level unstoppable.

Jb

rsz_1fortnite_20171003dxng.png

The "trash compactor" strat of building a bunch of shit in the air as the circle is getting really small has yet to fail me so far.
The remaining player always seems confused about it and all I need to do is use a bandage when we're both starting to take damage.

Facism

i can get top 20 on pc no problems, but shit the bed afterwards.

Tried it on ps4, Epic Meal Time on my second attempt.

The "trash compactor" strat of building a bunch of shit in the air as the circle is getting really small has yet to fail me so far.
The remaining player always seems confused about it and all I need to do is use a bandage when we're both starting to take damage.

Why people don't just shoot the bottom out of these towers... I'll never understand. I just wish someone would try that strat against me!

Jb

Why people don't just shoot the bottom out of these towers... I'll never understand. I just wish someone would try that strat against me!

I think a lot of them are just curious to see if the circle will stop shrinking eventually.

It doesnt.

Tawpgun

Honestly I don't understand the scoped ar.

I know it's supposed to be hitscan, but it doesn't seem to be? I put the triangle on someone running, fire, nothing. I go ahead of them. Nothing. I fire again, get a hit. Seems
Really random.

Game has performance issues on xbone too.

At this point i want more gear variety.

*Splinter

Honestly I don't understand the scoped ar.

I know it's supposed to be hitscan, but it doesn't seem to be? I put the triangle on someone running, fire, nothing. I go ahead of them. Nothing. I fire again, get a hit. Seems
Really random.
Crouch and stop moving. It's still not perfectly accurate but you'll only notice at extremely long range.

One of the reasons the semi sucks is the heavy ammo is sparse. With the bolt you have so much ammo. With the semi, it's too few and the pay off is not anywhere near the bolt. If the semi was hitscan then it'd probably be too good I think.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm personally shit with the sniper. But it's great to use when you spot a bush camper and he doesn't see you. I never try to take out anything unless it's stationary.

Well, I usually use Sniper when the players are faraway but I had my aim on their body yet (they were stationary) and it misses on some occasions.

I'm so bad with the sniper that I once spent 12 shots trying to kill a guy, half the time while he was sitting still, and I didn't hit him.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm so bad with the sniper that I once spent 12 shots trying to kill a guy, half the time while he was sitting still, and I didn't hit him.

I don't know if I'm so bad with this Sniper or the bullet projection is off for me. Either way, I need to get better with this game.

Ramirez

If you captured this video, it would be the most amazing thing. That is incredible.

I hit the record button, I’ll go through the footage and see if it captured any of the trap kills. I did a lot of sitting in that match, but hey, I really had no reason to leave the house I was in, lol.

Mikey Jr.

So supply drops don't show on the map.

Mehhh?

Only played one match, can't tell if this is a good idea or bad.

How do you access them anyways? Shot one, and it has 2k hp.

Is Sniper Rifle bad in this game? I don't know but I feel something off about it.

It's perfect for 1 hit kills on unsuspecting players. The bolt sniper will 1-shot through 100 health AND 100 armor with a headshot, and 1-shots anyone without a shield with a body shot.

But for that much damage, you have to deal with shooting an actual projectile with bullet drop as opposed to hitscan like the rest of the guns.

It's pretty damn powerful, but it also requires skill to hit anyone that's not standing still.

I haven't played this yet, but I watch quite a lot of Twitch.

It seems to not have the same intensity as PUBG, certainly as a viewer. Perhaps it's different in-game.

So supply drops don't show on the map.

Mehhh?

Sounds like something I'd prefer. Makes them something to look out for and be rewarded by instead of just opening the map every so often. Also means that those that did keep an eye out and did make the effort to do so and get there have less competition for their loot.

GodofWine

It seems to not have the same intensity as PUBG, certainly as a viewer. Perhaps it's different in-game.

Being a player of both...Both game make my heart rate jump up as the circles get smaller, but having been in the final 1v1 in both games, PUBG made my heart rate go off the charts, FNBR I was only mildly panicking, but still intense.

I would say, for me PUBG is more intense, while FNBR is a notch below that, but I also feel like Im enjoying playing it more than PUBG, which literally at times feels like work...but both are really enjoyable.

I also find myself gravitating to FNBR because of dat big old comfy couch and my PS4 controller.

TL:DR - PUBG is borderline survival horror movie, FNBR is the animated version of that movie that has some occasional laughs.

It's like that because PUBG is a lot more unforgiving. It's also a LOT harder to see people. So you need to be on your toes at all time.

Fortnite is a much more casual experience, but that's also a good thing. Might not be as intense to watch, but it's still fun to play. I'll get more satisfaction from winning a game of PUBG, but I'll probably also be more bored around the mid-game because of the fact that everyone's camping.

thenexus6

Keep getting this god damn glitch that makes enemies look like team mates with blue names. Thats twice now i've been killed by someone I thought was my team mate.

Had a game with the supply drop. 2k health on the balloon, so I'm not sure why anyone would bother wasting time and ammo on getting it to drop faster, especially as it would reveal exactly where they were.

The positive side to it though, was that it dropped in a pretty open spot when there was less than 10 people left and the circle was pretty small. Which made it a dangerous proposition to persue. It's a great time for that kind of drop as it had bandages, medkits, and Epic weapons in it.

Theorry

They really need to improve the spawn of more weapons. I mean so many times there is nothing to be found when you spawn in. Give me atleast a pistol. PUBG does this alot better.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They really need to improve the spawn of more weapons. I mean so many times there is nothing to be found when you spawn in. Give me atleast a pistol. PUBG does this alot better.

I think that's on you. I've never started without a gun of some sort. Just land on or near some buildings.

Top Bottom