• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 4 |OT| Where Porsche Are Driven

Seanspeed

Banned
So the Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale is on sale for half price(120 points). Nice, because its one of the very few cars I really wanted from the later car packs. Definitely gonna nab it.

hobz360

Exciting last lap!

Thanks! That vid has to be one of my favorites just because of how clean the race was, big props to VVV HaulingAsh too, great and fast racer.

Here's another video I've uploaded (this time through T10's very tedious way of doing it lol). It's a good ol' American Muscle race between a C6 Zee-Oh-Six and a Ford GT. That Ford GT loud as hell, beastly sounding... Love the fly-by shots too, love hearing them 2 V8s roar.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well that was thrilling from beginning to end. Super respectable racing.

You seem like you know what you're doing. If you still race, definitely add me. GT - Seanspeed.

Question, I just stuck in forza 4 after months of not playing it to find all my event list is more or less reset, only about 5 have ticks on when I know in the past I have done a good 30% of them, was there a glitch at some point in an update?

I hate bullshit like that, it even says the beginner races are not complete!

What support are they expecting, something like GT's endless loop of tinkering, breaking and fixing?

Beside a lack of track DLC I can't see what else there was to add without eating into F5's time and money.

Mascot

What support are they expecting, something like GT's endless loop of tinkering, breaking and fixing?

Beside a lack of track DLC I can't see what else there was to add without eating into F5's time and money.

I really hope Turn 10 strike a better balance between car and track DLC for FM5 though. I'm 95% through the career grid on FM4 and just can't bring myself to drive those same old tracks any more. I just can't.

Question, I just stuck in forza 4 after months of not playing it to find all my event list is more or less reset, only about 5 have ticks on when I know in the past I have done a good 30% of them, was there a glitch at some point in an update?

I hate bullshit like that, it even says the beginner races are not complete!

Yup, I posted about this EXACT thing a bit ago. Seriously, I went from having a good amount finished and ticked to having less than 10. I don't even understand how that could have happened since that stuff is all stored on the 360. I wonder how many other people this happened to.

Arucardo

Yup, I posted about this EXACT thing a bit ago. Seriously, I went from having a good amount finished and ticked to having less than 10. I don't even understand how that could have happened since that stuff is all stored on the 360. I wonder how many other people this happened to.

Ouch, I don't even want to check mine now :F

Mascot

Ouch, I don't even want to check mine now :F

Mine were OK last time I checked a couple of weeks ago. If my grid WAS reset then at least it would make my mind up for me about grinding through the remaining events.

I'd still be SERIOUSLY pissed off about it, though.
Anyone know why it happens?

Mine were OK last time I checked a couple of weeks ago. If my grid WAS reset then at least it would make my mind up for me about grinding through the remaining events.

I'd still be SERIOUSLY pissed off about it, though.
Anyone know why it happens?

I haven't heard any response from anyone about it at all. I need to check the official forums, but I can't stand that place. lol I don't think it is widespread but it was VERY disheartening when it happened to me.

Mascot

I haven't heard any response from anyone about it at all. I need to check the official forums, but I can't stand that place. lol I don't think it is widespread but it was VERY disheartening when it happened to me.

It's horrible, isn't it? Seems totally populated by know-it-all circle-jerkers and illiterate kids.

SarBear

I DEMAND some official Forza 5 (I'll even take 4) information. Real soon. Seriously. Like remodeling a huge percentage of the cars from scratch. Or including the only MUSTANG that matters.

I DEMAND some official Forza 5 (I'll even take 4) information. Real soon. Seriously. Like remodeling a huge percentage of the cars from scratch. Or including the only MUSTANG that matters.

And which mustang is that O merciful mustang overlord? Also, you know for a fact we won't hear anything until E3 or later. As far as Forza 4 info, they are doing a game with dev's next Tuesday.

HeliosT10

Sorry to hear this happened, for what it's worth I'll see what I can find out about a probable cause for the issue.

Sorry to hear this happened, for what it's worth I'll see what I can find out about a probably cause for the issue.

Thank you very much. It is just really weird because I thought most of that stuff was saved on the local hard drive. I hadn't played in a while (probably a month or so) and when I came back I had less than 10 events checked. And there are races that I know I did from the World Tour and such that were no longer checked. Just seems really odd because nothing else seems to be effected. I don't think I lost any cars or money, just progress in the event list.

Thank you very much. It is just really weird because I thought most of that stuff was saved on the local hard drive. I hadn't played in a while (probably a month or so) and when I came back I had less than 10 events checked. And there are races that I know I did from the World Tour and such that were no longer checked. Just seems really odd because nothing else seems to be effected. I don't think I lost any cars or money, just progress in the event list.

Man, I haven't played Forza 4 in probably 2 months--I'm hoping that this hasn't happened to me. At the rate I was going, I would finish the events list sometime in 2015...

Seanspeed

Banned
Just checked, no problems here.

Same.

Also checked out my stats:

GxPAfHf.jpg

3GxASLQ.jpg

VYaJ9Sf.jpg

Does time driven include the time test driving and in hotlap mode? Kinda hard to believe I've spent less than 100 hours driving altogether.

I've been playing a lot of Forza 2 and 3 recently and don't like the change of Forza 4's bonnet/bumper camera, it's pointing more toward the floor than ahead.

Is there any way of raising it?

Tried messing with the FoV but it makes no difference.

You missed out. A couple weeks ago it was just $30

It's fun gives racing some life blending sim and arcade. At times Forza 4 just feels cold mechanical and lifeless to me.

I just wish Horizon had more content. It is exactly what I wanted in an open world racer, but there just is not nearly enough stuff to do. I keep coming back to Forza 4 because there is more content but I actually WANT to play Horizon more.

I just wish Horizon had more content. It is exactly what I wanted in an open world racer, but there just is not nearly enough stuff to do. I keep coming back to Forza 4 because there is more content but I actually WANT to play Horizon more.

If you could have really gone completely off road in Forza Horizon it would've been perfect.

saladine1

Right guy, wrong racing franchise.

What do you mean wrong franchise?

Edit-
lol, not only do manufacturers have to sign off on cars modeled, but according to Wiswell, some manufacturers are signing off on the sounds of their cars as well!

Also, it's good to hear that they are working on getting the chassis/suspension creak sounds done for their next game.

HeliosT10

If anyone is interested there's a good opportunity to win a Unicorn going on right now in a community rivals event involving yours truly.

Basically all you have to do is set a time in the latest Facebook Challenge No.4 rivals event to enter and hope I don't beat a designated time by 6pm GMT (10am PST) today to win a Unicorn. Be quick though, you only have until that time to submit your own laptime to the leaderboards.

If anyone is interested there's a good opportunity to win a Unicorn going on right now in a community rivals event involving yours truly.

Basically all you have to do is set a time in the latest Facebook Challenge No.4 rivals event to enter and hope I don't beat a designated time by 6pm GMT (10am PST) today to win a Unicorn. Be quick though, you only have until that time to submit your own laptime to the leaderboards.

Haha, I didn't even read this post until just now, 3:45 pm EST. Guess I missed out. And I only need one unicorn left to complete my collection in Forza 4!

Will there ever be an event where we can choose which unicorn we can receive?

HeliosT10

Haha, I didn't even read this post until just now, 3:45 pm EST. Guess I missed out. And I only need one unicorn left to complete my collection in Forza 4!

Will there ever be an event where we can choose which unicorn we can receive?

Yeah, you just missed it :/

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/5997799.aspx

Keep an eye out for the next Facebook Challenge rivals event as it's likely that we'll let people who beat the challenge pick their own Unicorn again I imagine.

Shaneus

Just started putting some real time into this game. Great fun. A looker too. I was experimenting with the photo mode.
Nice shots, but man... I really wish they'd ditch that 22B model from FM2. It's been the same one in FM2-4 and PGR4 and it annoys the shit out of me that the head and taillights STILL look like they're painted on, NASCAR-style.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Nice shots, but man... I really wish they'd ditch that 22B model from FM2. It's been the same one in FM2-4 and PGR4 and it annoys the shit out of me that the head and taillights STILL look like they're painted on, NASCAR-style.

It's actually not the same model, they keep using the same source material to make the model so the end result is the same.

Hopefully laser scanning will be more common in the future for the series.

I really hope Forza 5 will finally let me have the 1500+ rwhp TT Ford GT I've always wanted.

On another note anyone up for a game tonight? Maybe around 8-9 PM EST?

Deband

Anyone on gaf play this online? I just rebought a 360 to give it a try. Last time I had one I played quite a bit of Forza 2. Think the pack comes with a month of live but not sure if I should use it or not.

Mascot

Sorry to hear this happened, for what it's worth I'll see what I can find out about a probable cause for the issue.

Was the reason for the career wipes ever determined?

Imagine my delight earlier today when I booted up FM4 to finally complete the career mode (and get that nice little cheeve), only to be greeted with this:

FM3reset2_zps5329ef7d.jpg

97% career progress and 120 hours of driving gone in an instant.

Oh how I chuckled ruefully to myself as my Xbox sailed through the window.

hgplayer1

Top Bottom