• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion (50GB Day1 Patch, Achievements, Demo/Previews on 19th)

MouldyK

Don't know if these have been posted already but a few previews I've seen on Twitter

Rectify Gaming

https://rectifygaming.com/preview-forza-7/

It’s great that we finally have night available on COTA in Forza Motorsport 7, however I was disappointed by many of the track locations still only offering ‘Day’ configuration options. Imagine racing down the beautiful city-streets of Prague at Night or taking on returning fan-favourite Mugello in the thundering Rain. Whilst not all tracks support these conditions, the ones that do are incredible. I loved Maple Valley and Suzuka in the Rain, whilst the dynamic skies on each track promise to make each race look and feel different.

There's always next time for Night Prague...or DLC?

derFeef

Interesting that makes sense I suppose,I really wish games would atleast tell you which assists would be appropriate for any given car.

Yup, saying this for years - we need a setting for "car model appropriate assists".
I mostly leave TCS and ABS on because of that.

Phinor

Xbox live rewards is running a thing for F7, you get "keys" for being gold, playing previous forzas, etc. I won an avatar (?) as a prize but it won't redeem saying its an unknown item, probably take a day or two to get into the catalog. Two of the prizes are F7 car packs.
https://rewards.xbox.com/forza-7-virtual-key-sweepstakes/

Also a good yearly reminder that Xbox Live Rewards is only available in less than 20 countries out of 200 or so.

RichGS

It's my assumption they were given the XONE X consoles since they're not out yet. ;) If there's a youtuber here please correct me if I'm wrong (like if this is some pre-recorded conference footage).

I don't believe that press or streamers have Xbox One X's yet. Microsoft had showcase events recently that were invite only. We could capture footage there. Strangely though, the one I went to Forza 7 was running on PC, not Xbox One X.

Also a lot of "normal" cars don't have any way of disabling stuff like ABS without hardware mods.

That makes sense, in which year did this start roughly for most mainstream cars?

Yup, saying this for years - we need a setting for "car model appropriate assists".
I mostly leave TCS and ABS on because of that.

So I guess I wouldn't be a scrub if I leave these on? :p Due to my disability I have a hard time getting my driving-license and I haven't driven a real car yet so in games I mostly try to play as realistic as possible with a pad to get my fix.

xrnzaaas

I don't believe that press or streamers have Xbox One X's yet. Microsoft had showcase events recently that were invite only. We could capture footage there. Strangely though, the one I went to Forza 7 was running on PC, not Xbox One X.

Okay, I know next to nothing about youtubing and streaming so my bad. Anyway I'm still waiting for the OG footage from the demo, because downloading >22GB would take me half a day. ;)

Effect

I don't think the One or PS4 have implemented multi-disc game installs, unfortunately

Then have the second disc be similar to the download that is taking place. Install the first disc like normal. Once that's done instead of downloading just have the second disc act like the online "patch". That way people aren't downloading the rest of the game.

This doesn't sound like a patch at all but like said the rest of the game because they didn't want to include a second disc.

It would actually be nice if they let you download the rest of the content on a case by case basis. Let it download by event as you select them instead of this one massive download.

Daffy Duck

MilkyJoe

"all in game 4k footage"

kdR7j_s-200x150.gif

Shawn6661

Will the demo/full game compatible with wheels ? I have an old Logitech GT Force Pro (the Playstation2 GT4 wheel) if that matters.

MouldyK

Their trailers are always so good. Too bad pitting means nothing in the franchise though. I would love a race where changing my tires and refueling mattered.

Can't wait for the demo today

You can adjust lap length in Career, can't you?

So refuelling can be done. Sucks about tyres though.

that is one great trailer.

I can't wait to play the demo. Do we know how big it will be? I have slow connection :(

22GB

frontieruk

Their trailers are always so good. Too bad pitting means nothing in the franchise though. I would love a race where changing my tires and refueling mattered.

Can't wait for the demo today

Join forza GAF for our endurance races.... Those pits become important

derFeef

So I guess I wouldn't be a scrub if I leave these on? :p Due to my disability I have a hard time getting my driving-license and I haven't driven a real car yet so in games I mostly try to play as realistic as possible with a pad to get my fix.

Use what is the most comfortable to you :) Cars will still spin out if you do too crazy stuff anyway, but TCS and ABS helps with learning the dricing. And like you said, it's common in cars. Just don't use assisted steering or breaking, that stuff is pure autopilot and not fun.

For like muscle cars I used to turn it off since it makes more sense to me, like I said - I wish there would be a manufacture assist setting of some kind!

ghibli99

Any news on Demo car(s)?
https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/07/fm7-gone-gold-and-demo/

The official demo for Forza Motorsport 7 is coming for both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. The demo features three unique racing experiences in Forza Motorsport 7, showcasing the depth and breadth of the experiences available in the game. Drive the Forza Motorsport 7 cover car – the Porsche 911 GT2 RS – to the brand-new Dubai circuit and experience the thrill of navigating the Jebel Hafeet Pass, one of the most famous driving roads in the world. Or, pilot the massive Mercedes-Benz Tankpool racing truck to victory at the high-speed Mugello circuit in Italy.

For drivers who want the ultimate test, the Nissan NISMO GT-R LM is available for a race at the Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit. Here, fans will be challenged to handle the ‘Ring's complex corners and elevation changes, while also tackling the dynamic track conditions that will make racing in Forza Motorsport 7 so breathtaking. Racing through rainstorms laced with thunder and lightning make for a visual showcase and for a challenge like no other – where dynamic puddles grow and shrink with the intensity of the rain.

The Forza Motorsport 7 demo will feature assists that will allow players to dial in the difficulty the way they see fit; and for PC players there will performance options to adjust the experience to each player's PC performance capabilities. For the full list of PC specs supported by Forza Motorsport 7, check out our recent story on ForzaMotorsport.net.

Download and play the Forza Motorsport 7 demo for free when it races onto Xbox One and PCs Sept. 19. See you on the track!

Edit: Beaten by much more succinct posts. :)

Fox Mulder

The fact that Maple Valley and Suzuka are back were enough to convince me to get FM7. Anything else is a bonus. I mean, it's Forza...

it being forza has kind of burned me out really. I've played since the first one and put hundreds of hours into F6. I'm like high tier 10 in the forza rewards. I just want something more from these now than more cars and pretty rain. It'll look great on the X and I'll still get it then. They havent show shit about this game on older models.

I wish Forza was just more deep really. I'm loving F1 2017 for the actual races with practice, qualifying, regulations, and strategies that make things more fun. Forza just has never been about this stuff, probably never will.

Top Bottom