• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Ha.. I'm a car meet right now and I'm the only GAF driver. Didn't see another Drivatar on the road this morning and I played for about 3 hours.

If it's the same as F5 the Drivatars were made up of people on my friends list until I played online a bit then some were replaced by randoms.

timlot

Banned
Does anyone play Forza Horizon 2 with a Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel? If so, do you have suggested settings for me to try? I'm new to racing wheels and I have no idea how to set up the game options or even the wheel properly.

I didn't mess with any settings except ffb and vibration witch I put both at 70. Anything above that is overkill for me. I have rotation at 360. The guy on the Sim racing YouTube channel said Turn 10 or PG said 330 was the recommend rotation when he did his FH2 review.

shandy706

Time to head home and play some FH2...

...wooohooo

ttmrkd.gif

Spent so long moaning about Forzas piss weak ffb I'll be damned if I'm gonna drop it below 100.

Helios if you're around, who's responsible for the changes? Darin from ISR said he'd spoke to some guys at T10, wonder if the improvements was a result from that chat or PG's work?

I still never see GAF club drivers when I'm playing... I just did the finale and all the drivatars were just randoms... same with Freeroam. Just random AI cars. Only when I play rivals do I actually race against GAF members. Anyone else have the same issues?

It is often related to the driveatar difficulty you select. If you've got it set quite low then you are less likely to see many of the players here who've put a lot of time in on FM5.

so annoyed i got all roads but one and cant seem to find where I missed it :\

Yeah, there's been a bunch of us gone through this. Sucks. But you'll find it. If you haven't, check the airport closely. It's one of the prime culprits. On and off ramps are another.

shermas

It is often related to the driveatar difficulty you select. If you've got it set quite low then you are less likely to see many of the players here who've put a lot of time in on FM5.

When I started playing, I used to see other GAF club drivers quite often... besides, with 1000 members, there must be drivers of all skill levels, right?

Dear Turn10 and PG, if you included this car as DLC I would insta-buy the car pass.

Mercedes-Benz-600-800-800x450.jpg

Yeah you know I wish they would at least list the cars coming so that I would have a good reason to buy that car pass.

On another note, I'm really having a blast with this game. It seems this game rewards players who drive smart. Like other racing games, the first turn is usually a catastrophe but the nice thing about this game is that you could smartly avoid the carnage by going off-road. It's absolutely wrong in other games but in this one, it celebrates that fact. By going off road your car accelerates slower but you don't lose too much speed. You could stay on the road and get a better grip while turning but depending on the situation, the number of laps left or how much more distance you need to cover, you have a lot of options to use since off-road is always possible and that adds a lot to the gameplay. Going off-road also introduces the risk of crashing into a tree and completely stopping, but that's the risk-reward of going that route, and i noticed the track layouts make sure to emphasize this. It's really great race track design and considers the available mechanics to make every race unique and fun. It's almost Mario Kart-ish in that sense of giving you alternate routes, without getting too crazy with your alternatives to make it still feel like an authentic racing game.

The focus on XP makes it feel less competitive and stressful in multiplayer matches and it's precisely why i like it. I can play this without getting too worked up.

I've got Shadow of Mordor still unplayed thanks to this game, damn.

Mr White

I beat first finale. Game is really good, maybe most fun I had in racing games since Underground.
One single complain I have is music selection. Levante FM is good, but sometimes it doesn't fit the game. Still, CrossCountry on Renault Alpine while Carmen is playing feels amazing.
And we already have Ride of Valkyries in game, so where the hell is Helicopter showcase?
Sadly there is no rock station (and custom soundtrack). This song could fit the game just perfectly (well, maybe not lyrics :p )
http://youtu.be/ItQavimuoAc
P.S. Ford GT is godlike

So how is this game after 2 weeks guys??
I'v been think about getting it now that I'm starting to get bored of destiny...

I think the simplest way to put it is that I'm on 40h game time and I'm only 47.5% through the single player, not even counting the multiplayer. Shitloads of content and you pick what you do, it's insanely fun.

shermas

So how is this game after 2 weeks guys??
I'v been think about getting it now that I'm starting to get bored of destiny...

I love it.. I'm still playing it non-stop. The racing feels like a perfect blend of arcade and sim.

There are so many championships to complete... it'll take a long time to get all the way thru the game.

HeliosT10

Glad to see people are on the whole still having a blast, haven't seem many posts about issues as well since the latest dashboard update :)

yodandy

I downloaded this demo and the intro blew me away.

Anyone know what the song is in the 'count to 10' thing? the intro?

I know the song right after the intro is Eric Prydz, but i'm talking about the one DURING the intro video that sounded kind of like the artist M83.

(Intro FMV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km3RsJ9oBzs)

If anyone cares, I answered my own question after more googling, here is the Forza Horizon 2 intro cinematic song: https://soundcloud.com/android_402/forza-horizon-2-cinematic-intro

Reid Willis - Forza Horizon 2 (Cinematic Intro)

Finally jumped into online racing last night. Really like how online is handled, free roam and Road trip are both great. In fact, the seamless nature of racing online is one of my favorite implementations of online into a game period.

I discovered a couple of things early on that were surprising:
1. I'm a bad driver
2. The tuning and upgrades I got for my cars suck.

Now I'm racing against higher difficulty AI in races, changed how I upgrade my cars, and have spent more time tuning them. So far, I'm getting faster top speed and lap times; still a bad driver.

zorbsie

My youngest was watching me when I made this 5.5M purchase. She gladly told me what colour it should be. I was going to change later, but the colour is growing on me.

getphotod0z89.jpg

Glad to see people are on the whole still having a blast, haven't seem many posts about issues as well since the latest dashboard update :)

That didn't dawn on me, actually. Game has been rock solid since the October update and I didn't even realise it.

But, I have to ask, are PG aware of the engine sounds getting stuck briefly? It was in Horizon 1 and it's worse this time around.

Pollux

Going to Gamestop to pick up a couple games. Mordor is a lock but I'm going back and forth between The Evil Within and Forza Horizon 2. I know they're both different games, but I'm interested to see which one that people with both have been having the most fun with.
I just sold evil within and am goig to pick up forxa after work today. Evil within was frustrating as hell, and was difficult to control.

Dave_6

Other than the chance 'drops' I get from a Wheel Spin, will I ever win any cars in this besides the Ferrari I got early on? So far I've just been buying whatever.

sunnz

Really is an amazing game, the driving physics are pretty damn amazing, probably the best I have experienced, in terms of arcade/simulation ( not played driveclub yet)

Graphically its amazing but sometimes looks a bit off ( like shadow pop ins are very noticeable when driving)

The map/location is awesome but so far not better than that of TDU 2. Still amazing and well detailed.

The car selection is incredible too, as well as the customisation.

Only thing that really annoys me is the amount of DLC/locked cars, really hate this shitty trend of locking cars to DLC...
£2.99 for a single car? Ridiculous.

Just did the Storm Chaser event... Those thing are as realistic as Top Gear Challenges lol

Yeah, they all seem a BIT too contrived for a close finish.

That being said, they are all fantastic! They are right up there with the Bucket Lists for showing how great a "created" event can be. The music, the cars, the route, everything is just put together so well. The Storm Chaser one is my favorite of the showcase events.

The Cult Classics Championships might be the best in the game. Such a great mishmash of various vehicles, which makes for some great racing.

rakanishu

Banned
Yeah, they all seem a BIT too contrived for a close finish.

That being said, they are all fantastic! They are right up there with the Bucket Lists for showing how great a "created" event can be. The music, the cars, the route, everything is just put together so well. The Storm Chaser one is my favorite of the showcase events.

The Cult Classics Championships might be the best in the game. Such a great mishmash of various vehicles, which makes for some great racing.

I've raced all the cult classics and retro saloons championships. Best line-up of cars by far for car enthusiasts.

I've raced all the cult classics and retro saloons championships. Best line-up of cars by far for car enthusiasts.

Fuck yeah, I forgot about Retro Saloons. Man, seriously, those are so much fun. That is my only problem with the setup they have, the cars are sometimes TOO homogenous which can make it less interesting.

rakanishu

Banned
Fuck yeah, I forgot about Retro Saloons. Man, seriously, those are so much fun. That is my only problem with the setup they have, the cars are sometimes TOO homogenous which can make it less interesting.

I guess being an owner of a BMW 2002tii, E30 320is, E34 Alpina B10 and a E28 518i makes me biased :p The E28 M5 is my favourite car in the game by far.

Top Bottom