• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

cantona222

I have a question. Why is there a 2012 L. Aventador and not a 2015? What is stopping them from having the latest model? There are a lot of similar example of a 2-3 older models.

HGStormy

Banned
Is anyone else's audio kind of messed up? I can hear all the game sounds normally, but I don't get the GPS navigator voice at all (I know there's a toggle for it in settings), and if someone talks while online it sounds like a really distorted, garbled mess.

RotBot

Anyone pre-order from Microsoft Store and get their Audi RS 4 code? I just got an email saying "Here's your promo code for Forza Horizon 2 access." but the code's already been used.

HeliosT10

Anyone pre-order from Microsoft Store and get their Audi RS 4 code? I just got an email saying "Here's your promo code for Forza Horizon 2 access." but the code's already been used.

I'd get in touch with Microsoft support. I'd give you a code myself but I don't have any of those.

Flunkie

Banned
I just bought an Xbox One for this and Sunset Overdrive. I can't wait to start Horizon tonight. Add me if you'll be playing tonight - my Xbox friends list needs to catch up to my PS friends list! GT: Flunkie44

Anion

I just got mine today too after a lot of talking with support lol. I didn't redeem it as I was trading it with another gaffer. Hopefully it works for him

Loving this game. I have done the first For a Final but has anyone done the second one after 30 wins? Was a bit gutted the first one was all on road

RotBot

I'd get in touch with Microsoft support. I'd give you a code myself but I don't have any of those.

I got off the phone with Microsoft Store and they said they don't have a record of the Audi RS 4 offer.

Major Nelson's post seems pretty clear about the existence of this offer:
http://majornelson.com/2014/09/26/celebrate-forza-horizon-2-microsoft-stores-unlock-exclusive-audi-rs-4-avant/
If you pre-order Forza Horizon 2 in store before Tuesday, receive a $10 gift card for Microsoft Stores or $10 to spend in the Xbox Store if you order on MicrosoftStore.com. A pre-order will also net you a Microsoft Store-exclusive in-game code to unlock the Audi RS 4 Avant in-game.

A bunch of people in this thread reported getting 2 codes today, so I can only assume I got a duplicate code that someone else redeemed earlier. http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst22652findunread_Audi-RS4-Avant.aspx#post216653

Anion

I got off the phone with Microsoft Store and they said they don't have a record of the Audi RS 4 offer.

Major Nelson's post seems pretty clear about the existence of this offer:
http://majornelson.com/2014/09/26/celebrate-forza-horizon-2-microsoft-stores-unlock-exclusive-audi-rs-4-avant/

A bunch of people in this thread reported getting 2 codes today, so I can only assume I got a duplicate code that someone else redeemed earlier. http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst22652findunread_Audi-RS4-Avant.aspx#post216653

Dude, they told me the same thing at first! I was pretty pissed that people at the Microsoft store didn't even know what their promotions were. You just have to get in touch with the manager and they eventually will transfer you to the "escalation team"...
Or you can get Helios to help lol. I wish I thought of that or something. Would have saved time

BIGT468

My youngest was watching me when I made this 5.5M purchase. She gladly told me what colour it should be. I was going to change later, but the colour is growing on me.

getphotod0z89.jpg

Needs more hello kitty ! :D

Apex_Predator

Neo Member
Quick question for you guys, is this game an arcade racer similar to NFS? I'm trying to find a good arcade racer to play on next-gen (PS4 or XB1). I've already tried out NFS and I wasn't to thrilled about it. DriveClub has me interested, but I've been hearing it's sim from some and arcade from others, regardless, the game is putting me off due to it's online issues. So, my attention has now turned to FH2. I've never played the first one, so idk what to expect. I have played Forza 2-5.

Took like a week break unintentionally, started playing it again and wasn't feeling it like that first weekend. Took the damage simulation off, went to the dash-cam and one offroad race later I'm totally back in.

Quick question for you guys, is this game an arcade racer similar to NFS? I'm trying to find a good arcade racer to play on next-gen (PS4 or XB1). I've already tried out NFS and I wasn't to thrilled about it. DriveClub has me interested, but I've been hearing it's sim from some and arcade from others, regardless, the game is putting me off due to it's online issues. So, my attention has now turned to FH2. I've never played the first one, so idk what to expect. I have played Forza 2-5.

Yes, it's an arcade racer and similar to NFS to some degree, but you can definitely feel the Forza compared to a NFS game.

HeliosT10

Ok, thanks for the quick replies. Much appreciated, my man.

It's not really a barrier to competing online though, you can download plenty of great tunes/upgrade setups.

If you're only playing offline though then all the opposition will be setup in comparative cars compared to what you're driving at the time.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just finished the first finale, this game is pure FUN!

I don't usually purchase DLC for any game but I'm really looking forward to any that they have planned.

I have 2 million credits now, debating whether I should spend it or save up a bit more. Decisions, decisions.

Apex_Predator

Neo Member
It's not really a barrier to competing online though, you can download plenty of great tunes/upgrade setups.

If you're only playing offline though then all the opposition will be setup in comparative cars compared to what you're driving at the time.
Will the lack of online greatly affect me? My gold sub ran out and I don't play XB1 enough to renew it. I didn't plan on playing this game online either, however, I'm concerned that I might be locked out of some features. Is gold a must for this game if you don't plan on racing online?

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Will the lack of online greatly affect me? My gold sub ran out and I don't play XB1 enough to renew it. I didn't plan on playing this game online either, however, I'm concerned that I might be locked out of some features. Is gold a must for this game if you don't plan on racing online?

That's a good question. I haven't even played online yet and it's still the best racing game I've ever played however I don't know if features like clubs and rivals are locked out since it's getting all that stuff from their servers. Drivatars as well.

EDIT: By the way, you should really download the demo.

Klocker

It takes everything most people like about forza, fine tuning and upgrading, excellent tire, physics, driving model, and coats it with a subtle little buffer of forgiveness, making navigating the open world rewarding and fun in an addictive way.

Edit: but with turning some assists on, you could customize even more of an arcade feel into it if you want

Prototype

sorry to repost, but I can't find the answer online , are the bucket list challenges the same in both versions. I can't seem to find the McLaren F1 challenge in the 360 version...

I want to play this challenge because at the rate I'm collecting credits I don't think I'll ever actually get to buy the car... :(

Krilekk

Banned

Nope and leaderboards will work either way. It's similar to Hot Pursuit (the remake from Criterion), just without police chases. Hmmm, Playground, why don't you add those?

Krilekk

Banned
sorry to repost, but I can't find the answer online , are the bucket list challenges the same in both versions. I can't seem to find the McLaren F1 challenge in the 360 version...

I want to play this challenge because at the rate I'm collecting credits I don't think I'll ever actually get to buy the car... :(

You do know that you have to switch between the two sets of bucket lists in the progress menu?

GHG

Gold Member
You do know that you have to switch between the two sets of bucket lists in the progress menu?

Wait what? There are more than 15 bucket list challenges?

I have 1 left of 15 and I was actually quite sad last night when I realised I was on my last one.

Now you tell me there are more?? Don't play with my heart like this.

Prototype

i couldnt find it on the 360 version, then watched a video and went to the same spot... i dont' think it exists in the 360 version.... T_T

Wait what? There are more than 15 bucket list challenges?

I have 1 left of 15 and I was actually quite sad last night when I realised I was on my last one.

Now you tell me there are more?? Don't play with my heart like this.

Yeah there are 30 total, with a coming soon section for DLC.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Why cant people have a mix of taste instead of picking the damn Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale every time for the drag. Every time I join a race there is like 4 of them.

It's worth it to me, but it cost me $10 since I had the Forza 5 VIP pass. If you're on the fence, though, it probably isn't.

I like it for the cars, particularly the Urus and Tesla Model S.

The double-up on wheel spins is OK, but the benefit doesn't seem as dramatic as it did with Forza 5.

There'll also be VIP events, but we haven't gotten any yet. You'll also get free gifts on occasion, so that helps the value too if you expect you'll be playing FH2 months from now.

jesu

Glad to see people are on the whole still having a blast, haven't seem many posts about issues as well since the latest dashboard update :)

Do you know what's up with the weird online shenanigans?
Like people in the wrong class of cars and getting like -30k every race but winning the final leaderboard with like 250k total?
And their cars being transparent like ghosts during the races, you can drive right through them.
Is it just a weird bug or something more nefarious do you know?

Top Bottom