• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

FordGTGuy

Banned
Seriously Polygon's opinion of the game, is just that opinion. I can't figure why people get so worked up about reviews.

Over the years the publication that seem to resonate with my views the most is EDGE, that not to say I would buy a game they rate lower, I would and have.

I never really read Polygon, so their reviews are pretty much meaningless to me.

Mainly because opinions by people with influence can drive people away from what otherwise is a great series. Sadly it's reasons like this that a racing game will pretty much never be GOTY.

Honestly the craziest thing about the review is the idea that the game isn't difficult. I've been playing Forza since the first game and racing against AI ln unbeatable is some of the toughest racing I've done in a racing game. Turn off all the assists, turn on simulation damage, manual with clutch, turn off the racing line and all your HUD and drive in cockpit only and tell me this game isn't difficult....

jesu

Mainly because opinions by people with influence can drive people away from what otherwise is a great series. Sadly it's reasons like this that a racing game will pretty much never be GOTY.

Honestly the craziest thing about the review is the idea that the game isn't difficult. I've been playing Forza since the first game and racing against AI ln unbeatable is some of the toughest racing I've done in a racing game. Turn off all the assists, turn on simulation damage, manual with clutch, turn off the racing line and all your HUD and drive in cockpit only and tell me this game isn't difficult....

Yeah my only problem with the Polygon review was he said the Drivatars were too easy but he didn't mention what difficulty he had them on.
Are we to assume he had them on the most difficult setting?

TheKeyPit

Banned
Yeah my only problem with the Polygon review was he said the Drivatars were too easy but he didn't mention what difficulty he had them on.
Are we to assume he had them on the most difficult setting?

+Most drivatars haven't learned to drive offroad yet and I assume they'll learn to cut checkpoints etc. too.

shakex

Just got this:

jjwbfo5l.jpg

Now I'm ready:

U9njGzfl.jpg

vCR099Wl.jpg

deadfolk

Guys, I realise this might not be the ideal place to ask this, but as there's been talk about where to buy from, etc...

Is it possible/advisable to purchase Xbone games digitally from a different region (e.g. US, from EU)? If so, could you point me in the right direction? How is it done? What are the disadvantages or limitations?

That was posted a couple hours ago. Then we discovered the wiki page says California and Australia were places they considered before settling on France/Italy. More than likely its a mistake.

strata8

From the review thread, someone streaming the full game

http://www.twitch.tv/wolfie219

must watch, even only for a few seconds for dat Supra goodness

The guy in this stream was just offroading in a 900hp 1998 Subaru Impreza WRX and it is nuts. NUTS! Like the cross-country course from the demo except with more jumps, at twice the speed in a car that's half the weight.

...and now he's racing a steam train across the countryside.

adelante

Maybe it's like in GTA when you visit small areas of other cities; as flashbacks to expand on Generic McDude's tragic backstory and why he is driven by revenge.
Oh my god YES! So the endgame they've been teasing all this time is.... revenge! I can see why people who've played only the first several hours of the game have not experience much of the story that the game has to offer.

Megasoum

Banned
It could be like Test Drive Unlimited 2. You get to the Airport (there is an airport in FH2) and you get a prompt that lets you "travel" to the other map.

adelante

It could be like Test Drive Unlimited 2. You get to the Airport (there is an airport in FH2) and you get a prompt that lets you "travel" to the other map.

Maybe one of the events have you racing to the runaway, get inside that cargo plane while it makes a low pass.

So, before I decided on pre-purchasing the digital edition of FH2, I looked around in the store and didn't see any other add-ons except for the VIP and Car Passes. No normal season pass for non-car/special perks stuff, like FH1 where the Rally expansion was part of its normal season pass? Is there a season pass or are they waiting to sell more standard DLC separately?

So, before I decided on pre-purchasing the digital edition of FH2, I looked around in the store and didn't see any other add-ons except for the VIP and Car Passes. No normal season pass for non-car/special perks stuff, like FH1 where the Rally expansion was part of its normal season pass? Is there a season pass or are they waiting to sell more standard DLC separately?

There's just a car pass, as far as we know. Forza 5 also had a car pass.

v0mitg0d

FYI I'm going to be streaming the full game again later today. I'll be playing a little bit of everything, answering your questions and showing off my rad cars. Not sure of the time because I've got some stuff to take care of so feel free to subscribe to get the notification.

http://www.twitch.tv/eatgames

Sure... "wrong"

fh2oyjy3.png

You know, this is rather interesting from a PR perspective. Obviously it is not in the main game and everyone is trying to downplay it, which is expected. What is strange is that the information is SO specific. This can't be just some random typo, it seems like it is something that is known internally but shouldn't be leaked out.

Even accounting for the Wikipedia stuff, it just seems really odd.

eso76

Sooo, i'd imagine photomode pics are being uploaded right now.
Was anyone able to dig anything out of fm.net ?

Top Bottom