• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

You know, this is rather interesting from a PR perspective. Obviously it is not in the main game and everyone is trying to downplay it, which is expected. What is strange is that the information is SO specific. This can't be just some random typo, it seems like it is something that is known internally but shouldn't be leaked out.

Even accounting for the Wikipedia stuff, it just seems really odd.

It's likely based on some early press materials. There's nothing to see here, no chem-trails etc. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Gestault

Australia and California seem like they would be very large additions, though. They would have to be full on expansions I'd imagine.

I'd pay money for that. The scope of what's in the main game seems utterly satisfying, so I'd mentally file it under "more is more."

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Ok, preloading the Day One edition. I decided not to get the ones with the car packs, 200 cars will be more than enough for me. I can always get a seasons pass later.

Excited!

ManteoMax

Note for the first post:
"II’s also confirmed that any car that you get in a car pack or season pass, will be immediately placed into your garage "

This sometimes causes confusion with players who install a pack and go directly to their garage but don't find the pack cars there. Forza's system is that DLC cars don't go directly to your garage, they're added to the Autoshow roster. You just have to go to that menu and buy the cars for free (one time per model) so they transfer to your Garage collection.

Likewise with the free Subaru from demo play and Forza Rewards cars, you'll likely have to go to your Message Center and download the gift message before the cars appear in your Garage.

JaggedSac

Comcast data overage charges can go suck a dick in hell. 14% of my monthly allowance was used by the full and demo versions of this game, lol. Anyone know of an ISP in Milton GA that has no data cap charges?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I finally caved and looked at the car list. So sad to not see any VW Scirocco models. Would have loved a MK2 for use in rally. Good thing the Corrado is in.

Forza Horizon 2 - All Cars, Upgrades & Paint Options

First thing that jumped out at me with the wheels, (starting at 7:48), was the shit-ton of new HRE rims, including the P1, S1 and P40 series, Vintage Collection, Flow Form and more-- pretty much their entire current catalog. Pretty cool.

Holy shit, seriously??? I fuckin LOOOVE the HRE Vintage collection. Some of my favorite wheels of the last few years.

And I don't know if you guys saw it, but Major Nelson will be streaming some of the game in about 10 minutes.

Note for the first post:
"II’s also confirmed that any car that you get in a car pack or season pass, will be immediately placed into your garage "

This sometimes causes confusion with players who install a pack and go directly to their garage but don't find the pack cars there. Forza's system is that DLC cars don't go directly to your garage, they're added to the Autoshow roster. You just have to go to that menu and buy the cars for free (one time per model) so they transfer to your Garage collection.

Likewise with the free Subaru from demo play and Forza Rewards cars, you'll likely have to go to your Message Center and download the gift message before the cars appear in your Garage.

Nice! Didn't know you posted here lol

They don't have my P43SCs!!!!! Nooooooooo..

PG and T10 pls...

You're welcome:

bzVzyLF.jpg

Holy shit, seriously??? I fuckin LOOOVE the HRE Vintage collection. Some of my favorite wheels of the last few years.

501s and 505s will be worn on a lot of my cars, methinks.

I was pleasantly surprised to see they included as many designs as they did; seems like quite a while since we've had new rims in a Forza game.

BADNED

Wait so the free DLC cars are going straight to your garage now? You don't have to "buy" the free car anymore?
No, you still have to buy them from the Autoshow but the first time they are available for free. But from the second copy onwards they cost ingame credits. And that counts for all "DLC" cars.

I Never requested anything and most other Comcast customers I've talked to say they don't have a cap.

They are testing it in some markets and removed it for others. I'm fortunate here in Little Rock, AR, but I think in Memphis, TN they enforce it. UVerse seems to be a decent (but slower) option in some markets.

TaKeRx

You're welcome:

501s and 505s will be worn on a lot of my cars, methinks.

I was pleasantly surprised to see they included as many designs as they did; seems like quite a while since we've had new rims in a Forza game.

OMG!!! If I could buy this game twice I would do it. Thank you!

EDIT: I'm doing it.

Megasoum

Banned
?

Edit: Oh, regarding you grabbing them from the autoshow instead of automatically being added to the garage.

Yeah... Not a really big deal obviously but when you get a couple of DLC packs or, for example, get 23 free cars the day you buy the game like it will be the case with FH2, it's annoying to have to go and buy all of them one by one. Hopefully the autoshow has some filtering to show all the free cars or something like that. FM5 doesn't have that and it took me almost 30min to go "buy" all the free cars once I got all the DLCs I wanted.

Yeah... Not a really big deal obviously but when you get a couple of DLC packs or, for example, get 23 free cars the day you buy the game like it will be the case with FH2, it's annoying to have to go and buy all of them one by one. Hopefully the autoshow has some filtering to show all the free cars or something like that. FM5 doesn't have that and it took me almost 30min to go "buy" all the free cars once I got all the DLCs I wanted.

Haha, sounds like a great first world problem. GETTING THESE FREE CARS TAKES TOO LONG!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Haha, sounds like a great first world problem. GETTING THESE FREE CARS TAKES TOO LONG!

it was pretty bad in F5 though. Especially as the car list is so badly organised. click click click goes the right bumper as you try and get to the manufacturer you think the car was from. If you had a DLC pack you basically had to scroll through looking for the word FREE, download the car -which then resets your position at 'A' again, and start all over.

it was pretty bad in F5 though. Especially as the car list is so badly organised. click click click goes the right bumper as you try and get to the manufacturer you think the car was from. If you had a DLC pack you basically had to scroll through looking for the word FREE, download the car -which then resets your position at 'A' again, and start all over.

Oh, I know. I took me quite a while to grab them all, it is just a funny thing to complain about since it is still complaining about too much free stuff.

Gestault

I totally dig the Perk system and the Bonus Wheel Spin when you level up. It's sort of like the Showcase Events: Satisfying window-trim.

Top Bottom