• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 | Storm Island Add-On revealed

klodeckel

Banned
QGVWBqm.png

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfEZiBLMCr0&list=UUKy1dAqELo0zrOtPkf0eTMw

Features:
  • 6 New Cars including off-road raid trucks
  • New area of the map called Storm Island
  • Over 80 New Events
  • New Extreme Weather
  • New Ramapage game mode
  • New Gauntlet event
  • Also new Barn Find, new Playground Arenas, new Bucket List and a new car meet
  • 23 new Xbox Live achievements (adding up to 500 gamerscore points to your total).

Price:
$19.99, Horizon 2 VIP's will receive a 50 percent discount on the expansion, making the price $9.99.

Release:
Available December 16!

244.gif

psychotron

Mother of God. Hoping for more than just rain, but that looks great. I love Horizon 2 and can't wait for more content.

As impressive as that looks, DC has set a new bar for weather effects for me and this doesn't even come to matching those.

Still, looks cool. I'll check it out and hope this reignites my love for Horizon 2.

Qassim

I don't often buy DLC, but FH2 is one of my favourite games this year and I'd love more content to play on it. Quite excited for this.

Leflus

So why wasn't this trailer at The Game Awards? Would have been a lot better alternative than the TV commercial.

Anyway... This was an awesome surprise. Will buy after I've returned from my Christmas vacation. :)

Looks really nice! Love off-roading.

And what's up with the DC weather comments? FH2 has had rain from the very start, but somehow they are copying DC now...

ukas

Are you serious? Forza Horizon 2 had weather from the very first day.

What's with all this fanboy nonsense polluting this thread.

Thank you, I realize there has been weather since day one. I'm talking about their extreme weather. I wasn't even the person that made the comment in the first place. Talk about fanboys.

Qassim

Thank you, I realize there has been weather since day one. I'm talking about their extreme weather. I wasn't even the person that made the comment in the first place. Talk about fanboys.

When you insert yourself into a conversation with a comment seemingly backing up their idea, don't complain when people mistake you for being with the rest.

Caayn

Extreme weather was invented by DriveClub now?

As impressive as that looks, DC has set a new bar for weather effects for me and this doesn't even come to matching those.

Still, looks cool. I'll check it out and hope this reignites my love for Horizon 2.

Let's nip this in a bud - DriveClub's weather effects are in a league of their own, there's no doubt at all, but Horizon 2 is still a very beautiful game, and this expansion is just what I needed to tear me away from SO.

I was hoping for snowy Alps, but a stormy island will do until FH3.

Lol trying to compete with that Driveclub weather patch I see.

What is this?

Horizon 2, while not having as detailed weather effects, especially with regards to rain, had weather effects from day one. They even put out a demo to showcase the rain effects.

You're just embarrassing yourself by posting this tripe.

Certinty

Looks great, will get this.

Honestly what a great year for racing games, despite what anyone says this, Driveclub and The Crew are each amazing in their own ways.

well this thread went to shit rather quickly....

One thing i was hoping for was a more "varied" offroad terrain, with the kind of airs and hitches in the original Horizon Rally DLC. blasting down trails is fun, but give me those hills and switchbacks.

In.

Let's nip this in a bud - DriveClub's weather effects are in a league of their own, there's no doubt at all, but Horizon 2 is still a very beautiful game, and this expansion is just what I needed to tear me away from SO.

There's no need to nip anything in the bud, it's a natural comparison. That doesn't mean what Horizon 2 is doing suddenly becomes garbage.

Only a fool would think such a thing.

Hawk269

Lol trying to compete with that Driveclub weather patch I see.

Ok. At least FH2 released with weather and replays and photo mode and it actually worked on-line and all. But yeah, they created this as a last ditch effort to "compete" with DC and have the same features that DC launched with.

I agree, DC weather is crazy good looking but Horizon for all that it does is an incredible game for sure !

This patch is cool in my book !

Hawk269

I am actually surprised there was no hints or anything about this coming and boom it is out tomorrow. Can't wait to give it a spin when I have time.

I am actually surprised there was no hints or anything about this coming and boom it is out tomorrow. Can't wait to give it a spin when I have time.

They probably knocked up in a week. They saw DC and realised their game would be made irrelevant so rushed this through development.

You'll notice that a lot of the assets are recycled from the main game to hurry development along.

Anion

Forza motorsport 6 better have these rain effects as well as snow. Night time races would be a super big yes

Edit:
Don't fall for the bait lmao^

Top Bottom