• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 | Storm Island Add-On revealed

While the weather effects are not as good as Driveclub's they've done a brilliant job with those expansion. There's plenty of content and most of it is pure fun. The races are pure carnage and the atmosphere generated by the weather is fantastic. I stopped playing Horizon for a while but Storm Coast has reminded me of how good Horizon 2 really is.
Even the free roaming is fun as hell because of the trails and jumps and the continuous change-up of time and day and weather conditions. The island has some seriously oppressive fog at times to go with its tree swaying storms, dark and overcast skies and grass clinging morning mists, and the combination of all of those with the various lighting conditions when moving from dusk to dawn, and all those transitions between them - the end effect is even more incredible over time.

And then the sun breaks out and the skies clear up and you can see for days and days and days and its gorgeous in every direction.

Yeah, I'll be hard pressed to go back to the mainland.

Edit: And gotta say its pretty damn weird to get my off-road mayhem itch scratched by a Forza game while getting my track based racing covered by an Evolution title. Level 110 or so in Horizon 2 and just hit rank 50 in DriveClub, and I find myself bouncing between them because they both do what they do so well. Good times, even (especially) in the rain.

MouldyK

I stopped playing Horizon for a while but Storm Coast has reminded me of how good Horizon 2 really is.

Same.

I was playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 a lot while listening to old VideoGamer.com Podcasts, but then I did it with Storm Island...now I doing it with Forza 5...

...I have missed racing cars instead of hauling trucks.

Thinking about picking up this DLC. Are the races more distinct trails like rally or is it more of the cross country stuff? For some reason the cross country stuff was my least favorite part about the main game.

Edit: Nevermind. Bought.

Osahi

Some of these jumps are as scary as they are awesome. In one race lots of the other cars came tumbling down after a very high and long jump. It was spectacular, and I made some cool pics (that don't do the carnage much justice) Uploaded this one:

GetPhoto.ashx

It's hard not to lose time in that photo mode btw. Love the weather effects. Learned to take pics in the replays though

I fear if I get Driveclub later, it'll be more of a photography game then a racing game to me :p

shandy706

I was surprised the bigger rocks on the left, in the dirt, are actual polys.
iboZ1W7bhv6yvx.jpg

It gets really foggy sometimes...this isn't too bad, lol.
iZi0Zy8R0lWHR.jpg

ibmJIzLJndqspc.jpg

iPvQcF2FsYrIE.jpg

iAFkmI833yYe.jpg

iiyu7P3l27aLz.jpg

ibqBohGddhgXer.jpg

iVIK7FK9v3CyV.jpg

iblzAqYkAiP9Sj.jpg

i1uunvUiZ2jNM.jpg

shandy706

I'd like to also say that going HUDless, when you can literally wipe out into the trees, is scaaaaaaaaary. The chances of safely bouncing off things is low.

jtvgsu.gif

...even when it's not raining....doh

ufrcev.gif

Ape

Banned
Damn I've been putting off buying this game... it sucks when I miss a deal that I would have bit on. Oh well. Forza isn't going anywhere.

Osahi

Found the barn. But it does not open. I did get a message on the radio station about it though. Am i doing something wrong, or is it because i didn't find a barn yet in the main game?

Noobcraft

Found the barn. But it does not open. I did get a message on the radio station about it though. Am i doing something wrong, or is it because i didn't find a barn yet in the main game?
Have you finished the first couple of events? Ben will tell you about it.

I don't think you have to find a barn on the mainland first.

Probably a stupid question, but since you've never had a barn find activate before, are you sure you've found the right barn?

Is this part of the season pass?

As much as Horizon is my favourite game this year I do find £16 alot of money to justify with what little disposable income I have :(

BADNED

My mistake, I thought it showed one whenever I looked at buying DLC cars.
That is the Car Pass, which includes the six monthly Car Packs.
The Storm Island Expansion is of course not part of it.
A Season Pass which would include both Car Packs and Expansions does not exist for FH2.

I love this expansion! Was there any word on more expansions?
I hope this series continues! It's my favorite racer ever, It knocked PGR4 of my personal throne.

Do we know if it did good sales wise?

So, I wonder if the other Forza game series (Forza 6) will have weather now. It would be quite a let down if it didn't. Storm Island is some great DLC.

So, I wonder if the other Forza game series (Forza 6) will have weather now. It would be quite a let down if it didn't. Storm Island is some great DLC.

Resources have been freed up, maybe it's possible at 1080/60 (wasn't banking on weather before) but if F6 only comes with many more circuits, some refinements and better ffb I'll be quite happy.

KePoW

Banned

Wouldn't count on any heavy weather

You have to keep in mind locked 60fps restricts a lot of fancy graphical effects/shaders

Wouldn't count on any heavy weather

You have to keep in mind locked 60fps restricts a lot of fancy graphical effects/shaders

Very true, but with experience already gained from Forza 5, the new kits, and the "Closed Circuit" nature of that game, I see no real reason they can't pull off something really impressive.. I guess we will have to wait and see. :)

KePoW

Banned
Very true, but with experience already gained from Forza 5, the new kits, and the "Closed Circuit" nature of that game, I see no real reason they can't pull off something really impressive.. I guess we will have to wait and see. :)

Hey I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think there will be heavy impressive weather like Storm Island

Light weather conditions possibly

jesu

That's correct.

Eh HeliosT10...
Even if you don't win the Storm Island Championship you still get the cutscene showing you holding the trophy aloft and telling you that you won...
I came 4th then 12th!!
And was told that I had won.

Not impressed.

Top Bottom