• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo - September 11 @ 8:00 PM EST

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Does the demo save progress at some point? I played yesterday twice yesterday where I had to play again from the start. This time I've got up to the multiplayer unlock so if I quit will it still be there when I reboot it up?

willbsn13

Does the demo save progress at some point? I played yesterday twice yesterday where I had to play again from the start. This time I've got up to the multiplayer unlock so if I quit will it still be there when I reboot it up?

Nah it never saves progress unfortunately.

desu

Does not seem to save progress at all.

dunneh

Neo Member
I assume that HDR is enabled in the demo? If so can anyone with an Xbox One S post impressions?

Looks lovely on my OG Xbox One but contemplating a temporary upgrade to the S until Scopio comes out. I have an LG 4k TV

Theorry

Its only the imgur gifs i believe who have that. Must say imgur has lately been more crappy then usual for me. Even with gif making. I just use gfycat nowadays. Just download your vid from xboxdvr.com and upload to gfycat to make a gif. Works way better for me. :)

ekim

And that is exactly why I called you and the people that don't use them heathens you know.

Learn to Internet.

I wrote the FF addon but a lot of people just don't care about Webms anymore. sadly so.

btw: it's just that easy. Install the addon (no restart) and webms will be shown, hover them and they play.

acm2000

the only thing stopping this game look realistic is the stupid iphone effect, un-naturally saturated like iOS cameras photos.

no idea why people like that shit but im blaming apple for forcing it on people, give me natural photo and let me alter it afterwards thanks.

the only thing stopping this game look realistic is the stupid iphone effect, un-naturally saturated like iOS cameras photos.

no idea why people like that shit but im blaming apple for forcing it on people, give me natural photo and let me alter it afterwards thanks.

People have been boosting saturation long before Apple put cameras in things. Does the photomode in this not let you adjust that? In previous titles you hit a button to bring up a bunch of sliders that look appropriately photographic and do things sort of like a real camera/post production setup would do (if you squint and forget how a camera works).

pitchfork

Been away from my console for a couple of days but finally got to play this morning and holy shit! best looking game i've layed eyes on for me on Xbox, absolutely stunning!

ekim

People have been boosting saturation long before Apple put cameras in things. Does the photomode in this not let you adjust that? In previous titles you hit a button to bring up a bunch of sliders that look appropriately photographic and do things sort of like a real camera/post production setup would do (if you squint and forget how a camera works).

It's still in there. Yes!

acm2000

yes but its not an option on iOS, youre stuck with it thanks to heavy post production in the camera app, my point is that it would be nice if it was optional in forza too.

OrangeOak

That happens with the dithering if you shrink it down without sampling. Just click on the quoted GIF and it appears normal-sized.

that worked, thanks

I'd assume it's already known that the game is 43.5GB and the PC version is 60GB.

oh no, over 100GB of Horizon awesomness to download :(

Also this game needs Turn off/on hud option to quickly turn it off when you are feeling like cruising for a while without it.
I know you can turn it off completely but it would be easier to have separate option for full hud.

Gek54

The force feedback on the TX wheel is way too light and no increase in force with increased speed. It's numb. Im Bummed.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I love how PG put all this cool tech in the game and barely even bragged about it. They only talked about the accuracy of skies, I don't remember them saying the clouds create shadows even once.

HeliosT10

I love how PG put all this cool tech in the game and barely even bragged about it. They only talked about the accuracy of skies, I don't remember them saying the clouds create shadows even once.

Show not tell is a good approach sometimes, especially if you're planning a pre-release demo :)

Daft question, but how do I change my chosen vehicle? I stupidly went for the Ute (because it was green) when presented with my first choice of vehicles. It's terrible and handles like a drunk sow. I keep spinning out all over the show but can't seem to find how/where I change vehicles. I thought it would be back at the festival but it's locked.

Also, I was presented with a few options for new vehicles, some of which I have credits for. Despite mashing pretty much every button I could find, it wouldn't let me buy anything.

Lima

Daft question, but how do I change my chosen vehicle? I stupidly went for the Ute (because it was green) when presented with my first choice of vehicles. It's terrible and handles like a drunk sow. I keep spinning out all over the show but can't seem to find how/where I change vehicles. I thought it would be back at the festival but it's locked.

Also, I was presented with a few options for new vehicles, some of which I have credits for. Despite mashing pretty much every button I could find, it wouldn't let me buy anything.

Restart the demo.

shandy706

Probably because they cast shadows in previous games.

Raven77

Can anyone comment or have a video / article that talks about the cloud technology in this game (I mean actual clouds, not data clouds, lol).

That is some awesome looking dynamic cloud generation and formation. Pretty incredible in those sped up time lapses.

Noobcraft

Probably because they cast shadows in previous games.
Yeah they did in FH2, it just wasn't as noticeable unless you were driving through rolling hills.

Can anyone comment or have a video / article that talks about the cloud technology in this game (I mean actual clouds, not data clouds, lol).

That is some awesome looking dynamic cloud generation and formation. Pretty incredible in those sped up time lapses.
There's a video where they discuss how they camped out in Australia (for a month or so?) with a fancy camera rig and recorded tons of footage of the sky, which was then converted into the super fancy skyboxes we have now.

https://youtu.be/OgtaRmmBxsQ

They took a 4K 360 degree camera rig into the Ausie outback and set it rolling. So what you are seeing is basically recorded movies of real Australian skies being projected onto the skybox.

I presume there's multiple days worth of skies (for different weather etc) and they blend them together using magic!

HeliosT10

You knew what will happen when you enable Photo and Drone mode in the demo... :D

Tbh I thought drone mode would be a really cool but pretty niche feature that would seriously appeal to the video makers of the community but maybe not many others. It's great that it really seems to have caught the imagination of so many of the players.

ekim

Tbh I thought drone mode would be a really cool but pretty niche feature that would seriously appeal to the video makers of the community but maybe not many others. It's great that it really seems to have caught the imagination of so many of the players.

It's a great tool and I love cruising around with the drone in the demo. I also have my own meta game where I try to perfectly follow Drivatars and surround them without clipping into them. lol

HeliosT10

It's a great tool and I love cruising around with the drone in the demo. I also have my own meta game where I try to perfectly follow Drivatars and surround them without clipping into them. lol

The Horizon 3 equivalent of walking down the street avoiding the cracks between pavement stones...Nice :)

Raven77

They took a 4K 360 degree camera rig into the Ausie outback and set it rolling. So what you are seeing is basically recorded movies of real Australian skies being projected onto the skybox.

I presume there's multiple days worth of skies (for different weather etc) and they blend them together using magic!

Wow that is crazy. Very cool stuff but I guess I wish it was dynamic. I guess if the variety is high enough it would never really be an issue.

skyfinch

I heard it was a 12k camera.

I've been really debating...should I get it digitally so I can play on my PC, or do I get it physically so I can play it on XBONE and get the steelcase...fuck.

Top Bottom