• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My daughter just spilled the beans to my wife that l spent 80 quid on a videogame, but it's not really the money investment, but the TIME, the map is starting to look like an Ubi game and l just have no idea what to do with it.

It'll top out pretty quickly and you'll start clearing them out - wouldn't worry about it too much

Echoes

Done for the day. Gorgeous game.

forzahorizon39_24_201n0sa0.png

Spasm

I just did one of those sketchy night race things in the Rally Fighter. A couple of my opponents were Warthogs. 8I~~

So close, yet so far away.

RedStep

Don't expect too much lol, too busy working to be playing atm!

Xbox Support told me to "contact the developer" last night regarding the UE Add-ons not showing up on XBO. Does this count? My response was "A) This is a Microsoft game, and B) the developer won't be able to do anything if the license for the content never shows up!" but it went nowhere.

HeliosT10

Xbox Support told me to "contact the developer" last night regarding the UE Add-ons not showing up on XBO. Does this count? My response was "A) This is a Microsoft game, and B) the developer won't be able to do anything if the license for the content never shows up!" but it went nowhere.

Like I said on Twitter, we're aware of the issue and working on a solution as a priority. Beyond that there isn't really much I can add at this point in time unfortunately. I/We do really appreciate everyone's patience though whilst we get things sorted.

Like I said on Twitter, we're aware of the issue and working on a solution as a priority. Beyond that there isn't really much I can add at this point in time unfortunately. I/We do really appreciate everyone's patience though whilst we get things sorted.

Sorry to be a pest but can we have a little comment on this one:

Just wondering, is the team aware of the blurry screenshot issue on PC?

?

Apex had a similar issue and it was fixed quickly, I just want to make sure they actually know.

Klocker

Good god loving this game...

I turned off bonus boards from map and enjoying coming across them on my own discovery

Also first racing, car game I ever played on chase cam. drives and looks beautiful.. will save cockpit for me simulation racers

This game is the culmination of a vision of FM and 3 iterations of Horizon into one glorious package... and the Auction house!

God can not imaging how Forza7 is going to be on Scorpio

Certinty

I actually find it hilarious how there's barely any pedestrian cars and other racers on the road...

...then when you're attempting a PR stunt there's tons in your way.

I've actually lost count how often this has happened to me. Sort of fun in a weird way though!

I mean you can do drone mode in multiplayer and follow friends around so i dont see why a replay would be a limiting factor.

Cars other than you're own are a factor either way
I would assume having the 11 other cars in race mode is more taxing than the general Ai for when they are cruising around.

So I subbed to unlimited Internet, and rebought the ultimate edition thanks gaf.... Fuckers cost me a fortune but this game is so damn good lol

Iceman829

I finally advanced far enough to unlock clubs and joined up. Besides having a fun time so far the only things that bug me are having to dig through the store to find and then buy all of the free vehicles. The other thing is it seems like at the build a bucket list spots there isn't a selection to pick a car from your garage. If you want to build different challenges in different vehicles you have to continually drive back to the festival and swap and then drive back.

I look forward to doing some stuff online once that gets going.

I finally advanced far enough to unlock clubs and joined up. Besides having a fun time so far the only things that bug me are having to dig through the store to find and then buy all of the free vehicles. The other thing is it seems like at the build a bucket list spots there isn't a selection to pick a car from your garage. If you want to build different challenges in different vehicles you have to continually drive back to the festival and swap and then drive back.

Pause menu - car, you can fast travel to the nearest garage for free, or pay 10k CR to have them deliver a car from your garage to your location.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

What do you need to unlock? I just expanded my second festival to level 2 and got my first barn find rumour. Hopefully I'm close

rrs

I would assume having the 11 other cars in race mode is more taxing than the general Ai for when they are cruising around.
Yeah, I get noticeable fps drops in night races due to CPU usage. My CPU just isn't making the cut for current gen games lol

Iceman829

Pause menu - car, you can fast travel to the nearest garage for free, or pay 10k CR to have them deliver a car from your garage to your location.

Ah cool thanks for the tip!

What do you need to unlock? I just expanded my second festival to level 2 and got my first barn find rumour. Hopefully I'm close

I think I had 3 festivals locations (starter +2) and they were all leveled up at least once or twice

Noobcraft

Jesus. And I was happy I made 500k... Well, at least it was fun driving in the woods avoiding shit :)
500K is pretty good. I had 100k as my max until I got the Audi Quattro with the huge wings on it lol. First time driving it around and I got 1M skill score from driving around the outback.

Pedersen

Alright im pissed off now. How come you guys can take pics with such high quality and my shots come out so blurry and ugly? :(

PC version is like this, and Apex is similar apparently. Sucks cause I took a ton of pictures in 2 and had a ton of fine ass moments to snap in this :/

eek5

I'm weak and caved for the $99 version. Downloading now.

pretty strong will if you waited this long! :p

Photo mode on PC makes me sad. Xbox One's looks fantastic, though. Even when taking the photo in-game, it's a blurry mess.

Really bums me out because I would spend most of my time in photo mode on Xbox. I'd always stop in the middle of races to take pics and shit lol

mcw

Guys.

I love the Burnout games. I don't love Gran Turismo. But I do like games where you can just drive for a long-ass time on a long-ass road and just chill.

Think I should give this a shot? I've got a PC that could probably handle it, I just need to get a controller.

Jesus. And I was happy I made 500k... Well, at least it was fun driving in the woods avoiding shit :)

I'll start playing on tuesday, but it's always like that in FH. Find a large area without trees, with some wreckable stuff around and some elevation changes for air-skills, take an AWD Group B car (soft suspension, almost 50:50 center diff), add 400hp and you can go almost as high as you want with the skill-chain (the Lancia Delta S4 is particularly great, mid-engine gets more weight to the back).
The alternative is doing near-misses in a hypercar at 200mph on the highway, which might even be the faster way because you get the "ultimate" directly and it's not building up like in a drift, but it's also more tricky and pretty heartbreaking when you hit something at 150,000 before the multiplier.

Guys.

I love the Burnout games. I don't love Gran Turismo. But I do like games where you can just drive for a long-ass time on a long-ass road and just chill.

Think I should give this a shot? I've got a PC that could probably handle it, I just need to get a controller.

There are people from Criterion working at Playground, I think the probability that you'll like this is pretty high, they know what vibe to strike.

Guys.

Yes, this is exactly that kind of game. There are plenty of races but you can absolutely just drive.

g859

Really bums me out because I would spend most of my time in photo mode on Xbox. I'd always stop in the middle of races to take pics and shit lol

Exactly! I wonder if they'll address that. My workaround right now is using printscreen in drone mode, but that removes the possibility of action shots (at least on my car).

Echoes

Hmm, it's possible that I'm not encountering the photo mode bug. These were taken with the photo mode on PC and they seem good to me:

I've been lucky with everything so far. Sad to see it's not as good for some of the players. :(

Quick question.

If I buy the game through the Windows store on my PC, can my cousin play the game on his Xbox if my account is set to primary on his?

I'd be playing on my PC and him on his Xbox 1.

Hmm, it's possible that I'm not encountering the photo mode bug. These were taken with the photo mode on PC and they seem good to me:

I've been lucky with everything so far. Sad to see it's not as good for some of the players. :(

Looks like it's bugged to me, the Viper one is pretty blurry despite the Viper evidently being in focus.

Echoes

Guys.

I love the Burnout games too. Burnout Paradise was my favorite racing game — I played it for ~60 hours with friends, etc. 14 hours into Horizon 3 and I can safely say it's on track to be my favorite racing game. Yes, I think you'll love it.

Looks like it's bugged to me, the Viper one is pretty blurry despite the Viper evidently being in focus.

Right. When I saw the poster above mention how buggy his image is (with an example photo) I realized that my photos don't look anywhere near as bad as his. But maybe that's still bugged. Huh.

0racle

I'm sorry as I'm sure this has been asked plenty o times but how do I sign up for the GAF club? I am not a preview member.

Thanks mate !

Certinty

It's kinda bothering me how much they are verbally jacking me off during the dialogue.
So true, it's cringey from the beginning but after a while it becomes annoying.

Also I love how that woman asks you for your name but barely ever uses it, she mostly just calls you boss.

Noobcraft

I'm sorry as I'm sure this has been asked plenty o times but how do I sign up for the GAF club? I am not a preview member.

Thanks mate !
The [GAF] club ingame or the "ForzaGAF" community club in preview right now? For the latter, you can download the "Xbox (beta)" app from the windows 10 store, click the hamburger menu button on the top left, click "Clubs", and search for ForzaGAF. Request an invitation to the club, send Zorbsie or myself a PM with your gamertag, and we'll send you an invitation to join the club.

Top Bottom